Climate change.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
77TA
Lord of the Board

Re: Climate change.

Post by 77TA »

Jlabute wrote: Mar 15th, 2023, 7:16 am Greta Thunberg deleted a post predicting the end of the world in 5 years, from back in 2018. The prediction is from a 'top scientist'. LOL. Even Greta can't be honest. I hate to tell you Greta, but it was the activists who stole your childhood.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 2553168896
If I read that right, the 'top scientist' said if we haven't stopped using fossil fuels in 5 years the world would end. That's good news though. We can use all the fossil fuels we want now because it's too late to do anything about it.

Scientists should stick to science and quit pretending to be fortune tellers.
spooker

Post by spooker »

77TA wrote: Mar 15th, 2023, 4:20 pm
Jlabute wrote: Mar 15th, 2023, 7:16 am Greta Thunberg deleted a post predicting the end of the world in 5 years, from back in 2018. The prediction is from a 'top scientist'. LOL. Even Greta can't be honest. I hate to tell you Greta, but it was the activists who stole your childhood.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 2553168896
If I read that right, the 'top scientist' said if we haven't stopped using fossil fuels in 5 years the world would end. That's good news though. We can use all the fossil fuels we want now because it's too late to do anything about it.

Like telling a doctor to just tell you there is a black dot on the x-ray and not wanting to get an actual diagnosis of what it is and what could happen in your future? I mean, since we don't want to know the future those meteorologists should find a new line of work, it's not like they are "scientists" right?
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

spooker wrote: Mar 15th, 2023, 4:49 pm

Like telling a doctor to just tell you there is a black dot on the x-ray and not wanting to get an actual diagnosis of what it is and what could happen in your future? I mean, since we don't want to know the future those meteorologists should find a new line of work, it's not like they are "scientists" right?
Actual diagnosis is a good thing.
Speculation and guessing, not so much.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

77TA wrote: Mar 15th, 2023, 5:22 pm

Actual diagnosis is a good thing.
Speculation and guessing, not so much.
especially when it costs mankind trillions of dollars, all in the name of fighting something that doesn't even exist.

But you know they are getting them younger and younger into this stupid cult. Case in point:
Young environmental advocates from the O.V. Jewitt School also lent their voices to the cause.

“This is important to because we’ve been causing lots of garbage and we should do something about it,” said Preet Preet, grade 5 student at O.V. Jewitt School. “And most and most of the pollution comes from garbage and factories. And we should do something because some day the planet will die and we can maybe save it from not dying.”
Why are they polluting these young children with this garbage? "The planet will die" - come on, why are they stressing these young kids out like this?? For what? This is why it's just so obvious that these "climate alarmists" aren't just lunatics, they are truly evil people, bent on subjugating and then destroying everyone on this planet.

https://winnipeg.citynews.ca/2023/03/03 ... activists/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

In this case a TOP DOCTOR tells you, you have 5 years to live. You arrange your life accordingly, make plans, quit your job, spend money, say goodbyes. After 5 years, you discover there really was no black dot and the doctor was incompetent.

Obviously the TOP SCIENTIST should find another profession. In this case "James Anderson" at Harvard is an environmental jutnob.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmaho ... 3217e7963e
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Another climate debate - WON by Koonin.
Appears as though the support for large and rapid reductions in emissions is not rational, and is not what most people want.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/22/ ... le-debate/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Yet, another climate debate won by Koonin-on-tour, against Andrew Dressler. Videos are in both links.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/23/ ... niversity/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jlabute wrote: Mar 23rd, 2023, 8:00 am Another climate debate - WON by Koonin.
Appears as though the support for large and rapid reductions in emissions is not rational, and is not what most people want.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/22/ ... le-debate/
Of course most people don't want large and rapid reductions, because there is no need for it. So that's why the CBC and other horrible media outlets only publish "worst case scenarios" in their media reporting, to try and scare people. Frightened people will do just about anything you ask them to. People who are not scared just won't care. So it's all about the stupid alarmist fear mongering. And then when you say "You are crazy" to these fear-mongering lunatics, you get "how dare you!!!" as a response. Such nuttery.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Remember Klimate Kooks - turn off your lights tonight at 8:30 pm PST!! It's the best way for you to experience "warm tummy" and virtue signal to your neighbours that you "care" about fairy tales!!
Screenshot 2023-03-25 160154.png
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Mar 25th, 2023, 4:03 pm Remember Klimate Kooks - turn off your lights tonight at 8:30 pm PST!! It's the best way for you to experience "warm tummy" and virtue signal to your neighbours that you "care" about fairy tales!!
That’s right! Light bulbs, modems, routers, computers, anything with a digital clock, anything charging, not to mention laundry, electric hot water tanks and heating. Unplug it all until the world is saved. (Until further notice)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

First the Finns dump their far Left leader, and now they have their nuclear power plant coming online to save Europe from extinction. Way to go Finland! I knew they had more potential than just producing Jari Kurri and Teemu Selanne!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... e0e2&ei=24
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland's much-delayed Olkiluoto 3 (OL3) nuclear reactor, Europe's largest, will begin regular output on Sunday, its operator said on Saturday, boosting energy security in a region to which Russia has cut gas and power supplies.

Nuclear power remains controversial in Europe, primarily due to safety concerns, and news of OL3's start-up comes as Germany on Saturday switches off its last three remaining reactors, while Sweden, France, Britain and others plan new developments.

OL3's operator Teollisuuden Voima (TVO), which is owned by Finnish utility Fortum and a consortium of energy and industrial companies, has said the unit is expected to meet around 14% of Finland's electricity demand, reducing the need for imports from Sweden and Norway.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... e0e2&ei=24
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Forget about meat, the production of rice is responsible for 10% of emissions in the form of methane. (If one cares about emissions)

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/04/18 ... e-ignored/

Marc Morano wrote: The big picture is this: This isn’t necessarily about shutting down rice production. This is about the climate agenda coming from the United Nations and the World Economic Forum, academia,the corporate world, identifying every facet of modern society as being a climate ‘problem’ that needs managing and thus a takeover. So whether we’re talking about transportation, whether it’s airlines, whether it’s gas-powered cars, whether it’s eating meat, whether it’s high-yield agriculture, it’s all allegedly creating a ‘climate emergency’ and thus global elites want to take over and ‘manage’ them. They are looking for a managerial revolution. They want to put themselves in charge of saving the planet and thus put themselves in charge of all aspects of modern society.
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Jlabute wrote: Apr 20th, 2023, 10:19 am Forget about meat, the production of rice is responsible for 10% of emissions in the form of methane. (If one cares about emissions)
My significant other sure cares about my emissions when I eat rice! :biggrin:
Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Old Sailor wrote: Apr 21st, 2023, 3:36 pm
Jlabute wrote: Apr 20th, 2023, 10:19 am Forget about meat, the production of rice is responsible for 10% of emissions in the form of methane. (If one cares about emissions)
My significant other sure cares about my emissions when I eat rice! :biggrin:
Hahaha, well, carry on Sailor, it is unlikely Trudeau or anyone will ever do anything about rice.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”