Fake Climate-mongering

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Fake Climate-mongering

Post by GordonH »

Preventing tornado’s &/or hurricanes, you’re have as much luck as preventing Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

Good luck trying.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 10:40 am Preventing tornado’s &/or hurricanes, you’re have as much luck as preventing Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

Good luck trying.
According to science, you're correct.

Um, sorry, I didn't see that a direct reply yesterday making an erroneous assumption about my post has somehow been withdrawn.

And,

"Tornadoes and Climate Change"

https://education.nationalgeographic.or ... te-change/
Last edited by Spiff on Mar 26th, 2023, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Spiff wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 10:54 am
GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 10:40 am Preventing tornado’s &/or hurricanes, you’re have as much luck as preventing Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

Good luck trying.

Um, sorry, I didn't see that a direct reply yesterday making an erroneous assumption about my post has somehow been withdrawn.

And,

I was responding to your last line in your post on page 2.

btw when warm tropical air meets cold northern air on land it can form a tornado... over an ocean a hurricane. Been happening forever.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 11:10 am

btw when warm tropical air meets cold northern air on land it can form a tornado... over an ocean a hurricane. Been happening forever.
Exactly. Only a fool would think that you can prevent tornadoes, or even dumber, that mankind can somehow wave some kind of wand and make tornadoes "less severe". It doesn't work that way. What the movie Twister taught us - the only defense is a warning system allowing people to get to shelters that work against natural disasters. Bangladesh figured it out - they had 500,000 people die in a 1970 typhoon. Now, they get similar typhoons and far fewer people die. That's what mankind should focus on, surviving naturally occurring events that we can do nothing to stop, and would be fools to even try to stop.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 11:10 am
Spiff wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 10:54 am

And,

I was responding to your last line in your post on page 2.

However, there may be a path towards understanding and mitigating their formation.

And the lesson I learned is to always examine the thread and the materials in the post before I go on to formulate a reply.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Come on Spiff spit it out already... whatever it is you really want to say.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 1:03 pm Come on Spiff spit it out already... whatever it is you really want to say.
Okay, I'll make this a two parter.

One,

I acted hastily, and the lesson I learned is to always examine the thread and the materials in the posts before I go on to formulate any replies.

Two,

And,

So there may be a path towards understanding and mitigating how tornados are formed. Thus towards prevention.

How's that?
Last edited by Spiff on Mar 26th, 2023, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Spiff wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 1:30 pm

So there may be a path towards understanding and mitigating how tornados are formed. Thus prevention.

How's that?
In order to "believe" this, you have to "believe" in the evil man made climate change sky genie. Which means that you are trying to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist. You can't "control" tornadoes, this is insane to even contemplate. Tornadoes happen because weather happens. It's just that simple. All we can do is figure out when and where they are going to happen, and then get out of the way.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 1:03 pm Come on Spiff spit it out already... whatever it is you really want to say.

One,

I acted hastily, and the lesson I learned is to always examine the thread and the materials in the posts before I go on to formulate any replies.

Two,

So there may be a path towards understanding and mitigating how tornados are formed. Thus prevention.

How's that now?
If someone can keep warm tropical air from mixing with cold northern air over relative large flat areas land, then poof tornadoes are gone.
Mountainous terrain doesn’t get tornadoes, extremely strong windstorms yes.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

GordonH wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 1:39 pm

One,

Two,

How's that now?
If someone can keep warm tropical air from mixing with cold northern air over relative large flat areas land, then poof tornadoes are gone.
So how might they do that?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gordon - the bottom line with these Klimate Kooks is that they honestly think that mankind has the power to control the weather and the climate. We don't. And we never will (at least I hope we never gain that much power) and so unproven theory about CO2 doesn't change anything, we can't control tornadoes. We just need to figure out how to get out of the way. That's it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Spiff wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 1:40 pm

So how might they do that?
Hence the problem, no one can.
It’s one of many forces that naturally happens on this planet. Along with hurricanes/typhoon, earthquakes and volcanoes.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Okay then, one more question for everybody and then I’m out.

So please look and listen to these people (besides me).

A documentary produced by Climate Productions and released this December.

Then would it be “fake climate mongering,” in other words, ‘fear mongering’ to suggest that studying and trying to attend to everything on the table about climate change may help towards finding a path for prevention?

I love these people.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Does anybody else besides me keep missing the GB's posts?

Sorry, I guess that's another question, but I'd like to know.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Spiff wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 3:06 pm

Then would it be “fake climate mongering,” in other words, ‘fear mongering’ to suggest that studying and trying to attend to everything on the table about climate change may help towards finding a path for prevention?
Yes. 100% waste of time and resources. Man-made climate change doesn't exist. Like....what is there to even "get" about that?

Much like all the other insane nonsensical bad ideas causing trillions of dollars to be diverted away from real actual problems to this fake made up "problem". There is no problem here, all there is is how to find a way to avoid human harm, and that comes from increasing the warning times so that people can get out of the path and find safety.

Return to “World”