Another shooting rocks the world

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Mazdatruck »

This thread endlessly discusses the politics of shooters.

What has changed?
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

Mazdatruck wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 6:35 pm This thread endlessly discusses the politics of shooters.

What has changed?
The way the msm reports it. They do their best to brain wash the masses into seeing things that way. Just as politicians are so wrapped in race.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

This recent shooting is very interesting.

When a radicalized ultra right person does it - the media examines the ultra right and condemns it.

When a radicalized religious persson does it - the media examines the religious nuts and condemns them.

When a radicalized trans person does it - the media runs stories about how trans people are the victims of the shootings bad press about trans people. I just heard a CBC radio host suggesting this.

I honestly do not think you can talk about trans people anymore.

Don't even think about them unless it's to bend the knee.

They are above reproach and any speech is hate speech.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Mazdatruck wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 6:35 pm This thread endlessly discusses the politics of shooters.

What has changed?
All mass shootings are committed by individuals who have hate and anger in their heart and obviously have mental issues.
There's nothing wrong discussing the politics of the shooters and their hate and anger towards others.
But for some reason, with this latest massacre, some have come to this conclusion below:
Transgender .. mass shooting .. mental disorder = all transgenders have a mental disorder.
If that was the case then they should also come to the conclusion that since 99% of mass shootings are committed by men:
Man .. mass shooting .. mental disorder = all men have a mental disorder.
Which obviously is not the case.
Well, I certainly hope not anyways.
Although it would mean only women are sane on this earth. :D
In my view, all mass shooters are equally crazy.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Mar 27th, 2023, 4:30 pm
Ken7 wrote: Mar 27th, 2023, 4:20 pm Where did that stabbing occur?? He did not make it I'm sure.
West Pender and Granville. Yesterday at 5:40 pm. He definitely died. Murder charges laid. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... -vancouver
It’s actually amazing twitter hasn’t taken down that posted video.

My condolences to his wife and child/s, family and friends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

GordonH wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 8:25 pm
Glacier wrote: Mar 27th, 2023, 4:30 pm
West Pender and Granville. Yesterday at 5:40 pm. He definitely died. Murder charges laid. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... -vancouver
It’s actually amazing twitter hasn’t taken down that posted video.

My condolences to his wife and child/s, family and friends.
I absolutely agree.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

What has changed?
Not discussing how to actually change things. The focus is always on the shooters. Showing their faces. Sharing their manifestos. Making them famous. We shouldn't know their names. They should be shunned.

And dealing with the guns in the US. They are a festish. They are seen as a means to solve a problem with another person. They are seen as a more important right than their children have a right to attend school without being murdered. And the gun lobby is huge. It's not a one party problem. It's a country problem. Democrats are as much to blame as Republicans.

Too many people would rather pass this off as anything but the guns. The culture of guns is the problem. And the laws help shape the culture.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

JLives wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 9:28 pm

What has changed?
Not discussing how to actually change things. The focus is always on the shooters. Showing their faces. Sharing their manifestos. Making them famous. We shouldn't know their names. They should be shunned.

And dealing with the guns in the US. They are a festish. They are seen as a means to solve a problem with another person. They are seen as a more important right than their children have a right to attend school without being murdered. And the gun lobby is huge. It's not a one party problem. It's a country problem. Democrats are as much to blame as Republicans.

Too many people would rather pass this off as anything but the guns. The culture of guns is the problem. And the laws help shape the culture.
Guns have been around forever. People use to freely carry loaded guns in their gun racks in their vehicles. There were no mass shootings like we have today, or have had over the past 10-20-30 years. What in society has changed? Parenting, teaching, politicians. And of course today we have the internet, social media, which came into households within the past 25-30 years. Every freak and weirdo now has a soap box and can congregate with like mind souls who push all the right button, and check the right boxes.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

What has changed?

You're correct JLives. It's the American mentality that is causing these shootings.
It doesn't take much for a person to go off the deep end. American, guns, shootings everyday and suddenly there's another shooting.
Restrictive gun laws, which likely will never be brought in, still wouldn't stop these shootings.

Realistically, I doubt they will ever end.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 8:15 pm Transgender .. mass shooting .. mental disorder = all transgenders have a mental disorder.
Did you know the controversial billboard in West Kelowna was almosted sawed down / destroyed and a death threat was made against the company BC Billboards?

Official police investigation still ongoing.

Now a shooting.

Not the people - the trans rights movement no matter what movement.
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Mar 29th, 2023, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

65deluxe wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 9:48 pm

Guns have been around forever. People use to freely carry loaded guns in their gun racks in their vehicles. There were no mass shootings like we have today, or have had over the past 10-20-30 years. What in society has changed? Parenting, teaching, politicians. And of course today we have the internet, social media, which came into households within the past 25-30 years. Every freak and weirdo now has a soap box and can congregate with like mind souls who push all the right button, and check the right boxes.
Back in the day tho, there weren't millions and millions (estimated 200 million in the u.s.) of these semi-automatic assault type weapons commonly carried around.The internet and social media have provided a wonderful platform for all the nutjobs to demonstrate their nuttiness. This is definitely feeding their need for attention.
We have gun nuts in Canada too, it's just not as cool here to be one.
America loves its guns more than it's school children, more than coworkers. If they truly wanted to do something about their problem they would have done what Australia did, where they saw a problem and then miraculously, decided to do something about it.
Countries which have seriously restricted certain types of weapons:
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/cou ... 20Union%20

We will never be able to outlaw unbalanced, aggressive people. So the aim is to make sure they don't have access to a firearm. This includes preventing firearms being stolen from otherwise law abiding people.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Mar 28th, 2023, 9:56 pm

You're correct JLives. It's the American mentality that is causing these shootings.
It doesn't take much for a person to go off the deep end. American, guns, shootings everyday and suddenly there's another shooting.
Restrictive gun laws, which likely will never be brought in, still wouldn't stop these shootings.

Realistically, I doubt they will ever end.
100%. It's the culture of division, fear and isolation. And the culture of guns. We don't see pictures of Canadian politicians posting pictures of their families with young children all holding AR-15s in front of the Christmas tree or wearing guns pins to the office instead of flag pins. Because we rightfully think that is messed up and weird. Add to the level of easy access to high powered killing machines and of course the violence becomes unmanageable. But they lack the WILL to do literally anything about it. I doubt it will end as well, and is why I won't travel there. If they didn't take to stop the violence after Sandy Hook, what could possible motivate them to now? Is there a number of dead children they won't cross before taking steps toward change? I don't believe there is but really hope I'm wrong.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

What has changed?

Absolutely agree !!!
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

The police will not help me if a crackhead decides they want to pull a knife on me and slash my face off. I end up being disfigured for life and the person who slashed me ends up in a healing circle. No thanks.

The police do not care if a crackhead has entered my house and stolen things. Additionally I have to say that during COVID when I saw the Government lock everyone down and take away their bank accounts if they thought a certain way, I realized how the people with the guns were the ones trying to put me in jail inside my own house and prevent me from buying food. I felt very naked - sort of like how certain groups of people must have felt in Nazi germany. Everyone had guns but them.

Canadians love to feel holier-than-thou when talking about Americans and their love of guns.

Criminals in the US know that if they start trouble they can end up dead.

Criminals in Canada know they can get away with anything.

As Canadian society erodes I find myself wanting to be armed. I am very left wing.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “World”