Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine war/President/news

Post by gertlush »

I will give Zelensky credit for being a very effective politician. Holding Bakhmut, although a poor military decision for Ukraine, has been very important to maintain the Ukie will to resist. Now he is also very careful to hold back on any offensive, despite his commanders saying it is coming. He knows the attack cannot win the war, but its defeat will certainly lose it. So keep playing for time and hope for a miracle, but his time is rapidly running out.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Thats why I love the Western MSM headlines like "Putin is gambling the West doesn't have the will to keep supporting Ukraine"

Gamble? Its a dead cert! [icon_lol2.gif]
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Leaders of 5 Eastern European nations complaining to EU about Ukraine agri-exports being dumped in their local markets, depressing prices.

Russian offensive stalls due to Russian incompetence. Ukrainian offensive stalls due to mud season. Huh, weird.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Ukraine/NATO terrorists blew up a restaurant in St Petersburg yesterday to kill a journalist.

Yet another attack inside Russia.

Wounded 12 other people.

I guess when Russia starts placing bombs in Washington restaurants to kill CNN hosts we'll be back on par.

All together now, every sing along:

"WE-ARE-THE-GOOD-GUYS! WE-KILL-JOURNALISTS-IN-RESTAURANTS LA-LA-LA!"
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Apr 2nd, 2023, 2:31 pm Ukraine/NATO terrorists blew up a restaurant in St Petersburg yesterday to kill a journalist.
Yeah right. Peaceful objective journalism suffered a huge loss yesterday.

Tatarsky (real name - Maxim Yuryevich Fomin): ""We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone we need, everything will be as we like."

Or, maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just to add insult to injury, Tatarsky's pal Mikhail Luchin's AliExpress account was hacked. He was fund raising for the Russian Armed forces and planned to buy $25,000 worth of drones. Instead, he bought $25,000 worth of sex toys.

In other news...

Shocked! Shocked, I tell you. https://twitter.com/i/status/1640475382406103042
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Nordstream just gets better and better! The most recent WaPo article was a gem, including the quote "Don't talk about Nordstream". [icon_lol2.gif]

Apparently there is now some scepticism that 6 people in a tiny yacht could have done this, ya think!?

Maybe the Poles, maybe Ukrainians, huh, so mysterious :biggrin:
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

The Japanese asked for permission to buy Russian oil above the price cap, the Yanks gracefully acquiesed, such a kind, caring hegemon :biggrin:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

And another one has come to my attention. It happens almost everyday.
Untitled-4.jpg
https://twitter.com/i/status/1638356461741826048

No, I'm not talking about Ukrainians being caught and shipped off to the front. I'm talking about the gullible victims of propaganda actually falling for these stories. Ukraine is a country and like most civilized countries it has criminals that get detained by the police or, as was the case in this particular video, it has active Russian FSB agents that are detained by Ukrainian security officials.

Untitled-5.jpg
https://ssu.gov.ua/en/novyny/sbu-zatrym ... rony-video
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Whaddaya telling us for? Tell that Twitter guy. Also - why would you believe anything posted on Twitter? [icon_lol2.gif]
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Apr 3rd, 2023, 7:02 pm Whaddaya telling us for? Tell that Twitter guy. Also - why would you believe anything posted on Twitter? [icon_lol2.gif]
I used to see a lot of these videos here on this forum, but it has slowed down lately.

@FirstName_bunchofnumbers isn't the most reliable source on the net, to be sure, but there's lots of good information on Twitter too. I do commend your patience in waiting for the Washington Post to put together stories, but I like to keep abreast of current developments while I'm doing other things.

I'm quite enjoying the real-time angst playing out in Muscovy between the Russian Orthodox Christians and the Muslims over the last couple of days. WaPo probably won't have that story developed for weeks, too busy collecting clicks on the scrap metal sitting at the bottom of the NATO sea... nord-something-or-other...meh, who cares? Nope, I'm enjoying the protests and threats between the two armed groups of Russians, and that certainly looks like it has the potential to go hot.

You know how it is, unlike you, Mark Milley and I don't have chats about Ukraine, so I have to take what I can get. How else am I going to keep up on things like General Rustam Muradov's dismissal after the abysmal performance during the Russian winter offensive near Vuhledar? After almost completely wiping out the 55th Guards Naval Infantry Brigade and the 40th Naval Infantry Brigade, Muradov is being described as "a mad idiot" that "ordered soldiers to go to a certain death".

That's exactly the content I saw on Twitter weeks ago, so no surprise to me seeing him canned, or referred to as "a mad idiot".

Staying up to date saves me from saying embarrassing things like "Russia is winning", "western support has dried up", or talking about mud on the day there's over a foot of fresh snow on the ground...

:admin:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

And today Finland joined NATO on the anniversary of NATO's inception. : https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/fi ... ril%204%20(,from%20Moscow%20of%20%22countermeasures%22.

snip : "HELSINKI/BRUSSELS, April 4 (Reuters) - Finland formally joined the NATO military alliance on Tuesday in a historic policy shift brought on by Russia's invasion of Ukraine, drawing a threat from Moscow of "counter-measures".

And Moscow's threat of counter measures are going to be ??? Write a strong letter of protest with a pen stolen from Ukraine?

Poo-tins invasion of Ukraine to stop NATO's expansion ( one of his ill conceived reasons) kinda backfired, Finland has around --
: "a population of just 5.5 million, Finland has more artillery than France and Germany combined and can call on as many as 280,000 troops in time of war. Though most of those are trained reserves, the figure is larger than that of the UK.Dec 18, 2022"

This makes NATO's reactionary alliance even stronger. Best Russia stay their side of the international recognized border, unlike what they have done in Ukraine.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

gertlush wrote: Apr 2nd, 2023, 11:44 am Leaders of 5 Eastern European nations complaining to EU about Ukraine agri-exports being dumped in their local markets, depressing prices.

Russian offensive stalls due to Russian incompetence. Ukrainian offensive stalls due to mud season. Huh, weird.
They could give away the food to the countries with starving poor.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Finland is in! Now Nato countries need to get off the pot, accept Ukraine into Nato, and move Euro and Allied troups into ukraine. Just a friendly visit for tea , and park. Canada could donate a whole buncha truckers who love to stir up *removed* and park in the roads and close borders, and love to fight for FREEDOM! U.s. has thousands of *removed* disturbers willing to attack a capitol building, send them too.
Last edited by ferri on Apr 4th, 2023, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

So using bombing a restaurant and killing journalist's is OK because you don't like what they say! Thanks Drip!

The 12 civilians hurt and killed - are they martyrs?

Does God love them, praise be?

Return to “World”