What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Sounds like you and I are almost having the same thing shoo. I have a pot of homemade beef barley soup simmering on the stove and it smells soooooo good. I cheated though. I used store bought stock, so I guess my soup is really only half homemade eh. :lol:

~D
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Last night I made pasgetti sauce with ground turkey! Wow! No fat to drain. I was impressed. I added shrooms, onions and garlic, and the noodles were whole wheat. I loved it. I'm not so sure I would make sketti with ground beef again!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Try it some time with a big bottle of mild Safeway Select salsa. Add sauted onions, mushrooms, more peppers. Lots of good stuff already in it.

We got that tip from a man we talked with in Safeway that was shopping in the 'salsa' aisle. He's not into meat and swears the salsa makes a great pasta sauce. He adds meat to his wife's portions.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

BriTer wrote:Try it some time with a big bottle of mild Safeway Select salsa. Add sauted onions, mushrooms, more peppers. Lots of good stuff already in it.

We got that tip from a man we talked with in Safeway that was shopping in the 'salsa' aisle. He's not into meat and swears the salsa makes a great pasta sauce. He adds meat to his wife's portions.

That sounds yummy... Have you made sheppards pie with ground turkey?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

No but I bet it would be delicious. You should try it, maybe use a can of mushroom soup for a bit of sauce. Mushrooms, onion....mmmmmmmmmmmm
Incidently, shepherds pie is a term everyone uses but the original has lamb, hence 'shepherds' pie. Everything else is called cottage pie.
Ever since we were kids it was called either shepherds pie or pate chinoise and always had ground beef.
Lots you can do with leftover turkey. Turkey casserole with baked dumpling top crust, so easy and fast, turkey a la king, yummy! Turkey or 'white' lasagne.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

Turkey chili with white kidney beans is awesome too.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I am all over the turkey. My girlfriend made meatloaf with 1/2turkey & 1/2 ground beef. That is tonights special. With some salad!
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Sounds good! Is the turkey mixed with the beef or will the meatloaf have a turkey centre? Like a 'stuffed' meatloaf.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

BriTer wrote:Sounds good! Is the turkey mixed with the beef or will the meatloaf have a turkey centre? Like a 'stuffed' meatloaf.

I'm not sure. I will let you know after dinner! :)
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

We are making BBQ bison burgers and ceasar salad. Simple,fast,yummy. Now,do I open red or white? :skyisfalling:
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Both.........

Chicken strips and ceaser salad for us tonight
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

LOL Max mom!!!

Now I am sorely tempted to do just that,except tonight is chore night. DH is doing the bathrooms and I'm doing laundry. Not sure if we should be half bagged while operating machinery. :nutzoid:
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

But is is simple machinery and you aren't driving.........LOL
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

Triple 6 wrote:I am all over the turkey. My girlfriend made meatloaf with 1/2turkey & 1/2 ground beef. That is tonights special. With some salad!

You've got to try Turkey Bombs! Not necessarily good for those watching their waistlines, but a treat!

Mix cut up turkey, celery and onions with cream cheese to make the filling.

Get a package (or two) of the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (the ones you buy in the tube unbaked). Unroll the crescent rolls and in the centre of each triangle add a generous amount of your filling. Bring the corners of the crescent roll triangle together at the top and press the sides together to seal it all in. Bake in the oven until the pastry is golden brown.

Sooo yummy and easy to heat up for left overs in the toaster oven! =P~
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Warden, thats sounds fab.... Waistline, We all need a treat every once in awhile!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”