2023 NHL Playoffs Round 1

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Make your picks

Poll ended at Apr 16th, 2023, 7:40 pm

Florida or
3%
Boston
9%
NY Islanders or
3%
Carolina
9%
NY Rangers or
9%
New Jersey
3%
Tampa Bay or
3%
Toronto
9%
Winnipeg or
6%
Vegas
6%
Seattle or
3%
Colorado
6%
Los Angeles or
No votes
Edmonton
12%
Minnesota or
6%
Dallas
6%
Or don’t give a damn
9%

Total votes: 34

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2023 NHL Playoffs Round 1

Post by GordonH »

I suspect Edmonton fans are definitely not happy with tonight’s results.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: May 8th, 2023, 9:09 pm I suspect Edmonton fans are definitely not happy with tonight’s results.
Nope, not at all. Out for dinner and missed pretty much all of the game and it looks like that was a good thing. :-X
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Does the Leafs have what it takes to force a game 7 or will Florida stick a dagger into the Leafs in game 5.

Can Vegas cause overtime after Edmonton took a 4 nothing lead.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^No OT. Final ... Edmonton 4 - Vegas 1.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

At a pub and saw Florida score and the Leafs looked pretty dejected. I guess the Leafs lost and are now out? How did the wheeling and dealing for a stacked team go for the Leafs. Can they keep the same lot for next year?

The talking heads will have no end of verbal diarrhea analyzing this series.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

seewood wrote: May 12th, 2023, 9:16 pm At a pub and saw Florida score and the Leafs looked pretty dejected. I guess the Leafs lost and are now out? How did the wheeling and dealing for a stacked team go for the Leafs. Can they keep the same lot for next year?

The talking heads will have no end of verbal diarrhea analyzing this series.
Got to wonder who’s losing their job in Toronto, GM or Head Coach or both.

Meanwhile Edmonton fans must be getting rather nervous as well, losing to Vegas again. Next game is do or go golfing.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/42 ... ers#426561
woooooooooooooooo :smt045 :up:
imo auston matthews is the most over rated player in the nhl, come playoff time no show ,like every other year
last night zero points ,and a total of only 2 points in the 5 games against the panthers and that was 2assists ,and zero goals

https://imgflip.com/i/5bnsqt
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

15f1f672a16d4325a8da9fe051f97dda.jpg
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tonight it’s win or go golfing for the Edmonton Oilers, if it’s the latter wonder who’s losing their job and which player/s will be on trade board.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: May 14th, 2023, 6:55 am Tonight it’s win or go golfing for the Edmonton Oilers, if it’s the latter wonder who’s losing their job and which player/s will be on trade board.
Unless Edmonton can force overtime in next few minutes, the cup will not be coming north this year.

Oilers have been sent packing and off to golf courses.

Bettman wins again
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: May 14th, 2023, 9:31 pm Oilers have been sent packing and off to golf courses.
The Stanley cup has now become far less interesting. Maybe the Kraken can get to the next round. Plucky team being their second year.

The rest-- meh...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: May 14th, 2023, 9:31 pm
GordonH wrote: May 14th, 2023, 6:55 am Tonight it’s win or go golfing for the Edmonton Oilers, if it’s the latter wonder who’s losing their job and which player/s will be on trade board.
Unless Edmonton can force overtime in next few minutes, the cup will not be coming north this year.

Oilers have been sent packing and off to golf courses.

Bettman wins again
something needs to change on that team also, just like the laffs
sad but true,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

:130: ...........Oilers out!........... :130: another losing year for the only two players on the team, McDavid and Draisaitl.......... :cuss: em! At this point in time If I was either of them I would just be looking at my bank account everyday to put a smile on my face.

How long can they endure the moron Katz as the owner and Ken Holland not being able to figure it out. Why Holland did not go to the Kraken when that job had his name all over it is beyond me.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

A buddy of mine jokingly said maybe the Oilers & Leafs should just switch GM’s and Head Coach’s.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Round 3

Florida at Carolina
Dallas at Vegas

Who the :cuss: cares about the outcome, 30 years and growing since Lord Stanley’s Cup was at Home with Canadian based team.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”