Pierre!

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Pierre!

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:03 pm Red Tories and moderate conservatives will desert Pierre and his far right gong show!
I doubt that. The only people in my extended family who actually joined the Conservatives, including several who had previously been quite committed to Green and NDP, to vote for the CPC leadership are staunch supporters of Poilievre.

Poilievre appeals to centrists, not to those who slid further left during the recent shift toward those fringes and still believe what happened over the past decade was the people on the right moving further in that direction.

While he doesn't get everything right and isn't perfect, it's a mistake to think people who support him and his efforts on behalf of Canadians are part of a "far right gong show".
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Too cowardly to tell him to his face. :thumbsdown:
Poilievre declined meeting with Johnston on foreign interference

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/johnst ... -1.6846235

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre's office says he is declining to meet with the government's special rapporteur on foreign interference because it is a "fake job" given to someone who is not impartial.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Spiff wrote: May 19th, 2023, 3:00 pm Too cowardly to tell him to his face. :thumbsdown:
Poilievre declined meeting with Johnston on foreign interference

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/johnst ... -1.6846235

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre's office says he is declining to meet with the government's special rapporteur on foreign interference because it is a "fake job" given to someone who is not impartial.
Typical Poilievre dumpster fire stinker of a position. David Johnston was appointed Governor General of Canada based on the nomination for the post by Stephen Harper. Doesn't get much more impartial than that.

Poilievre is a useless twit who thinks cranking out little videos in his basement serves anyone or anything but Pierre's fragile little man ego.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

hobbyguy wrote: May 19th, 2023, 3:07 pm
Spiff wrote: May 19th, 2023, 3:00 pm Too cowardly to tell him to his face. :thumbsdown:

Typical Poilievre dumpster fire stinker of a position. David Johnston was appointed Governor General of Canada based on the nomination for the post by Stephen Harper. Doesn't get much more impartial than that.

Poilievre is a useless twit who thinks cranking out little videos in his basement serves anyone or anything but Pierre's fragile little man ego.
Hmm, thought about it but no, I won't respond. People can see this comment for what itis.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

One thing we can be CERTAIN of, Mr Poilievre will NOT be giving our tax money to fund Chinese police stations in Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/su ... al-funding
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote: May 19th, 2023, 11:15 am Pierre is playing silly fool games around bail.
Actually, he's playing great games around bail. Pierre is making the Liberals look like massive fools, and he's skewering the scum responsible for letting out multiple offenders. Pierre we need you right now to save Canada from Liberal scum, who are making everyone in Canada unsafe.

Go Pierre!!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Mr Poilievre is 100% right about C-48. It does nothing to make bail tougher for violent, repeat offenders.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 19th, 2023, 3:59 pm
hobbyguy wrote: May 19th, 2023, 3:07 pm

Hmm, thought about it but no, I won't respond. People can see this comment for what itis.
Well I guess what it is is Blanchet can take all the credit come Tuesday.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:30 pm Mr Poilievre is 100% right about C-48. It does nothing to make bail tougher for violent, repeat offenders.

It should include all repeat offenders not just violent ones
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Sabrina Maddeaux: Left-wing caricatures of Poilievre have failed to convince Canadians

While future platforms and local candidates will play a role in the next federal election, anyone who thinks large portions of the electorate cast their vote based on little more than vibes is kidding themselves. Often, vibes decide elections — in particular, the vibes of party leaders.

A new national poll out of Abacus Data reveals how perceptions of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is adamant he’ll lead the Liberals into the next election, and Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre are evolving. The results show Trudeau on increasingly shaky ground, with key vibing opportunities opening up for Poilievre.

Trudeau, back in 2015, rode “sunny ways” all the way to 24 Sussex — or as close as he could get without risking life and limb to feral rodents and asbestos. While the mood surrounding Trudeau’s leadership has since been on steady decline, voters decided Conservative challengers in 2019 and 2021 didn’t exactly provide a dopamine rush, either.

Next election could be the first time Trudeau goes up against an opponent with vibes greater than his own, and it could well be his undoing.

From the start of the CPC leadership race, it was clear Poilievre had this potential. Large crowds, record membership sales, a decisive victory and energized support from unexpected demographics suggested as much. However, many remained skeptical about whether these vibes could ripple beyond the party base and into the general electorate.

Abacus’ survey suggests they are. “We found that Poilievre holds significant advantages over Trudeau in terms of competence, judgment, and empathy (understanding people like me),” reads Abacus’ report . The polling firm asked 2,500 respondents across Canada to evaluate Trudeau and Poilievre on several characteristics.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/sa ... ecb1&ei=15
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

The Green Barbarian wrote: May 20th, 2023, 10:33 am
Sabrina Maddeaux: Left-wing caricatures of Poilievre have failed to convince Canadians

Abacus’ survey suggests they are. “We found that Poilievre holds significant advantages over Trudeau in terms of competence, judgment, and empathy (understanding people like me),” reads Abacus’ report . The polling firm asked 2,500 respondents across Canada to evaluate Trudeau and Poilievre on several characteristics.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/sa ... ecb1&ei=15
Now that is the understatement of the year.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 20th, 2023, 1:21 pm
Now that is the understatement of the year.
From the Abacus poll.
According to David Coletto: The poll results indicate that the Liberals and Trudeau have a challenging road ahead when competing against Poilievre. Many people have not yet paid much attention to their political choices, but among those who have formed an opinion, Poilievre maintains a considerably stronger image than Trudeau. He surpasses the sitting Prime Minister in terms of judgment and competence among those who have an opinion and holds a slight lead among all Canadians, including those unfamiliar with Poilievre.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Pierre should be concerned about how many votes Max will take away in next Federal election. I strongly suspect JT hopping enough so his candidate slips past.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:30 pm Pierre should be concerned about how many votes Max will take away in next Federal election. I strongly suspect JT hopping enough so his candidate slips past.
would be nice if Max and Pierre could form a similar relationship as Justin and spineless Jagmeet. RIght now a vote for the NDP is a vote for the horrible Liberals and that can't be sitting well with any NDP voters that want to see their far Left extremist views represented in Ottawa. If the Green Party could ever get over their irrational hatred of Jews they'd really pick up a lot of votes on the Left, I'd say.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GordonH wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:30 pm Pierre should be concerned about how many votes Max will take away in next Federal election. I strongly suspect JT hopping enough so his candidate slips past.
Plus Pierre is a polarizing enough figure that the CIC group may just decide, in September, to launch a progressive conservative center right party.

That would place Pierre and the CPC in the same boat as the Liberals, with direct competition on both flanks.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/people-s-pa ... -1.6396260

"People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier aims to run in Manitoba byelection"

That development may present some serious problems for Pierre. A first real test for Pierre's leadership. Well sort of, in that in the by election already held in Ontario, Pierre was MIA, and the CPC lost....
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”