The Cancelling of Women Continues

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Cancelling of Women Continues

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote: May 26th, 2023, 10:33 am
JLives wrote: May 26th, 2023, 9:48 am

Listen. I really don't give give a *bleep* about any of that. Live your life and don't be an *bleep*. Drop the hatred. It's pretty simple.
IMO, routinely referring to "hatred" where there's no hatred in a post is a pretty ugly way to deflect from the reasonable points made in the post, in this case about how the current activism for trans rights is affecting everyone, including many of the people who seek happiness through transitioning.
*removed* It IS hatred.
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2023, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2023, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2023, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2023, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

localtransguy wrote: May 26th, 2023, 10:02 am
To be honest, I also find it somewhat disrespectful when someone uses they/them pronouns when talking about me. I will use whatever pronouns someone wants me to use, but I am a woman and do not want my identity as a woman to be diminished in the attempt to not offend those who identify differently.
For what it's worth, there are a lot of trans people who agree with you on this. I think some people use they/them when they aren't sure what gender someone is trying to present as, and nonbinary people can benefit from this, but for people who want to present themselves as specifically male or specifically female, whether they're trans or not, it can definitely be invalidating to hear that they aren't being perceived or treated that way. My guess is that people who mistakenly use they/them pronouns for you would likely be happy to correct themselves if you let them know.
I don't find it disrespectful so much as awkward. (Just as for me, taking offense is a choice I make. Calling me "cis" doesn't change anything about me, and it seems a waste of energy to assume disrespect toward me personally, or to dwell on it.)

It doesn't seem to me most people are actually being offensive as often as activists tell us a group of people is feeling offended.

Perhaps, then, this is another case of the trans activism creating the illusion "most" trans people want us all to not automatically use the pronoun we're most likely to use, when "most" trans people would prefer to be referred to as they are presenting themselves.

Which results in the activism creating absolutely unnecessary backlash against people who had nothing to do with the activism "on their behalf".
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

localtransguy wrote: May 25th, 2023, 11:14 pm
Iamme wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:54 pm As a biological woman I will not be sub categorized or erased or canceled as a woman.
I say this as gently as possible, because I don't want to come across as patronizing or condescending, but I do feel the need to point out that there are already subcategories of women.

There are women with red hair and women with brunette hair. There are women who are Black and women who are Jewish. There are women with and without uteruses, and there are women with and without breasts. There are women who need to take hormone replacement therapy, and there are women with broad shoulders and narrow hips. There are women with PCOS who grow facial hair and experience other effects from elevated testosterone levels. There are intersex women with any combination of anatomical traits. There are trans women who are treated by the world around them as women, and they may share any number of these same traits with non-trans women.

The broader umbrella category of womanhood is big enough for all of these people inside it, and nothing about these subcategories does anything to diminish the other subcategories. The existence of blonde people does not erase brunette people, and the existence of trans women does not erase or cancel cis women.
Subcategories? [icon_lol2.gif] Where does that come in?
You fail to realize that there are almost 4 billion females on Earth which means there are 4 billion subcategories of women.

And the same applies to men.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

"A trans 4-year old is like a vegan cat, we all know who is making the lifestyle choice here." Blaire White.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

normaM wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:41 am I found this an interesting read
https://www.gendergp.com/transgender-ba ... tion-2022/
It is based on a lie:
The apparent fear, stoked by bad faith actors online and in the media, is that if people are simply allowed to self-identify as trans, non-trans cis males will start using this as an opportunity to disguise themselves as women in order to access women’s spaces, such as public bathrooms. That no data or body of real-world examples supports this theory, which seems to step out of the pages of fantasy fiction, has not deterred the narrative taking hold. Nor indeed the clear fallacy of assuming that predators disguise themselves or are deterred by signposted gender-defined areas, a belief again unsupported by evidence.
We do have real-world examples. The writer chose to ignore the evidence, and chose to make assumptions there's no risk if we normalize seeing men going into women's spaces.

The piece relies on ignoring reality and referring to logical people as prejudiced, discriminatory bigots. The piece also emphasizes greater risks to the safety of trans women while downplaying greater risks to not only women and girls, but also trans women who are unlikely to welcome the normalization of men entering women's spaces.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

daria wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:54 am

"A trans 4-year old is like a vegan cat, we all know who is making the lifestyle choice here." Blaire White.
She's a realist.

Good on her for continuing to call out the activists whose activism make life worse for trans people.
LeroyJ
Fledgling

Post by LeroyJ »

rustled wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:06 am It is based on a lie:
No, it isn't.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:06 am
We do have real-world examples. The writer chose to ignore the evidence, and chose to make assumptions there's no risk if we normalize seeing men going into women's spaces.

The piece relies on ignoring reality and referring to logical people as prejudiced, discriminatory bigots. The piece also emphasizes greater risks to the safety of trans women while downplaying greater risks to not only women and girls, but also trans women who are unlikely to welcome the normalization of men entering women's spaces.
We saw the same thing when Donald Trump pointed out how many illegals coming across the US border were engaging in murder and rape (including an illegal who raped a 10 year old girl in Ohio, and somehow the only issue the media wanted to go on about was that she had to "cross state lines" to get an abortion) and how it was time to put a stop to said illegals murdering and raping, at which point the loony-tunes and woke nut-cases spread the lie that Trump was calling all illegal immigrants "murderers and rapists".

It seems to be an effective technique, in at least it gets truly gullible unquestioning fools to ignore real world examples of illegals murdering and raping in order to qualify for that "warm tummy" they are always seeking. Must allow illegals to murder and rape, or my tummy might go cold. Must ignore all evidence of said murder and raping, as tummy will go cold. Must ignore all evidence of men going into women's spaces, or my tummy will grow cold. Must scream BIGOT and RACIST to everything that is real, in order to stop my tummy from growing cold.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LeroyJ wrote: May 30th, 2023, 11:56 am
rustled wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:06 am It is based on a lie:
No, it isn't.
100% it is. Good grief, now black is white and up is down, all in the name of warm tummy. Enough with the lies. Just disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LeroyJ
Fledgling

Post by LeroyJ »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 30th, 2023, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

There is no right or wrong way to be a little boy or girl. Trans kids do not exist.

There are no vegan children only vegan parents.

Elementary Educators of Ontario think that kids of ANY age ALL GRADES should be thinking about genderqueerness.

Keep your kids out of public school.

https://twitter.com/ETFOeducators/statu ... 7372917760
Across Canada and worldwide, what we are witnessing is an alarming trend of 2SLGBTQI+ hate, conservatism and bigotry
disguised as concern for children. We must not allow human rights to be rolled back. Creating a safer inclusive space and #onted school starts with you! #onpoli

Return to “Social Concerns”