BC Election 2024

Veovis
Guru
Posts: 7802
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Veovis »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 28th, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thank you. Seems others here don't agree with how I come to decide who I will or will not vote for.
No most people don't agree that racism, bigotry, stereotyping are the ways to make good decisions. You've been clear you are proud that those are your decision making processes, and that is fine, great even as our country allows people to be themselves.

Just don't expect to find much support outside your fellow hate mongers.
LovemyBolt
Übergod
Posts: 1712
Joined: Jun 19th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by LovemyBolt »

Veovis wrote: Mar 28th, 2024, 12:20 pm
No most people don't agree that racism, bigotry, stereotyping are the ways to make good decisions. You've been clear you are proud that those are your decision making processes, and that is fine, great even as our country allows people to be themselves.

Just don't expect to find much support outside your fellow hate mongers.
Nope, not hate. As much as you like to keep pounding away on that. I do not approve of any government forcing religious tenets on me. Religious followers are completely free to believe whatever they want. Don't make me have to adhere to your edicts.
Not hate. Just vehement disagreement.
User avatar
liisgo
Guru
Posts: 5107
Joined: Jan 19th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by liisgo »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 28th, 2024, 12:26 pm
Veovis wrote: Mar 28th, 2024, 12:20 pm
No most people don't agree that racism, bigotry, stereotyping are the ways to make good decisions. You've been clear you are proud that those are your decision making processes, and that is fine, great even as our country allows people to be themselves.

Just don't expect to find much support outside your fellow hate mongers.
Nope, not hate. As much as you like to keep pounding away on that. I do not approve of any government forcing religious tenets on me. Religious followers are completely free to believe whatever they want. Don't make me have to adhere to your edicts.
Not hate. Just vehement disagreement.
I don't and have never felt any pressure from a religious one against myself, via politics'.
However, using what you are saying to show who we all should hold this idea against it would have to be these new far left woke liberalist governments. Making decisions, applying them against us all in the name of their ideology of claiming woke and virtue signalling as a tool against others is sick. Telling the country what words they cannot use anymore. What books they can no longer read. Reprogramming of the people through constant woke education. Programming kids in school instead of teaching them education stuff. Insisting we have a white advantage and are racist people because of the past, etc.
Sorry, if your in disagreement of something religious most of us have never even noticed that's fine, but why are you not in disagreement of a government over ruling the people with all this woke claiming, shaming, name calling and re education thing? Are value's only recognized in the boundaries of a chosen political party.
Seems odd, or do you support it.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
LovemyBolt
Übergod
Posts: 1712
Joined: Jun 19th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by LovemyBolt »

liisgo wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 8:17 am
I don't and have never felt any pressure from a religious one against myself, via politics'.
However, using what you are saying to show who we all should hold this idea against it would have to be these new far left woke liberalist governments. Making decisions, applying them against us all in the name of their ideology of claiming woke and virtue signalling as a tool against others is sick. Telling the country what words they cannot use anymore. What books they can no longer read. Reprogramming of the people through constant woke education. Programming kids in school instead of teaching them education stuff. Insisting we have a white advantage and are racist people because of the past, etc.
Sorry, if your in disagreement of something religious most of us have never even noticed that's fine, but why are you not in disagreement of a government over ruling the people with all this woke claiming, shaming, name calling and re education thing? Are value's only recognized in the boundaries of a chosen political party.
Seems odd, or do you support it.
To declare things to be "woke" automatically puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people.
Just because you don't agree with the governmental decisions being made does not make them wrong. They're just wrong to you. Them making decisions to apply to all is exactly what governments do. That's their job. If you don't agree with their decisions and you have enough people that agree with you then you have the democratic ability to remove them from office. That's how it works. But if there aren't enough of you that feel that way then you lose. That's democracy.

Words: since you say it's all about "woke" then it seems you have no tolerance and respect for the dignity and rights of others. Nice.
Books: Religious groups are notorious for demanding the removal of books from grade school libraries. Even general public libraries. Religious groups have attempted to get onto school boards. Fortunately their intolerance gets found out and they don't get elected. So what level of government is going about requiring the removal of some books? Oh wait, is it a conservative branded political party to appease their religious voters?
Reprogramming of people: ??
Reprogramming of kids: So apparently you're of the mind that the only thing to teach kids are the 3 R's. Nothing else about life, the universe and everything. Nope, 3 R's, that's it. And of course train them to be good little slaves to the corporations by remaining ignorant to the world.

White males totally have the advantage and default privileges in this society and culture. Then white women (just my observation of which I don't adhere to). That they are racist because of the past is ridiculous. I have great respect for those that have endured being impacted in the past and that it still runs through them to this day. My head is not in the sand. I wish to know their stories. I don't wish to remain ignorant to the continuing effects still being felt. I want to know and share in their struggles they face in their lived lives and not be "one of those guys".
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 89269
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 9:48 am

To declare things to be "woke" automatically puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people.
Nope. Saying you're not voting for the BC Conservatives because some of them might be Christians puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people. Bigotry is bigotry.
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 58968
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by ferri »

:135: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13528
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 10:42 am Nope. Saying you're not voting for the BC Conservatives because some of them might be Christians puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people. Bigotry is bigotry.
Justin Trudeau is a Roman Catholic. Jimmy Jagmeet is a Sikh.

Sure didn't stop these lovely dolts from the far left from voting for them, despite both men (well, Jimmy is a hairy man, jury's still out on the other one) being members of a religious organization.

The BCC seems poised to make huge gains in this province. What kind of snot will Eby try to blow on them besides his bigoted supporters' current, baseless fearmongering?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
LovemyBolt
Übergod
Posts: 1712
Joined: Jun 19th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by LovemyBolt »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 11:42 am
Justin Trudeau is a Roman Catholic. Jimmy Jagmeet is a Sikh.

Sure didn't stop these lovely dolts from the far left from voting for them, despite both men (well, Jimmy is a hairy man, jury's still out on the other one) being members of a religious organization.
How often do I need to repeat this? All of these people can believe whatever they want. If they were to impose their religious edicts on everyone then I would have something to say about them too. It's that religious fundamentalists are predisposed to imposing their edicts onto everyone.
And again, I do NOT represent or speak for the entire left of the political spectrum. I speak for myself. Only myself.
Veovis
Guru
Posts: 7802
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Veovis »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 11:49 am
Gone_Fishin wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 11:42 am
Justin Trudeau is a Roman Catholic. Jimmy Jagmeet is a Sikh.

Sure didn't stop these lovely dolts from the far left from voting for them, despite both men (well, Jimmy is a hairy man, jury's still out on the other one) being members of a religious organization.
How often do I need to repeat this? All of these people can believe whatever they want. If they were to impose their religious edicts on everyone then I would have something to say about them too. It's that religious fundamentalists are predisposed to imposing their edicts onto everyone.
And again, I do NOT represent or speak for the entire left of the political spectrum. I speak for myself. Only myself.
And since they Don't the BCC did not deserve your prejudice and you can now vote for them. Otherwise just for existing you will need to eliminate EVERY party as they all have people of faith.

OF course you don't speak for all the left, you can only speak for yourself.

However you are a very perfect example of them, and represent their bigoted views well.
Veovis
Guru
Posts: 7802
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Veovis »

Friday afternoon now....no signs of Eby popping up to yell Election so far.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 727
Joined: Feb 5th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by polelady »

Hi Eby is busy looking for the Easter Bunny... lol and does not have time to come to Vernon
So he can facetime... it appears... what is next... ?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/47 ... ll-April-9

Town hall meetings and all virtual.. that way the bad ones can hide when asked a transparent question... !!!
Veovis
Guru
Posts: 7802
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Veovis »

polelady wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 1:37 pm Hi Eby is busy looking for the Easter Bunny... lol and does not have time to come to Vernon
So he can facetime... it appears... what is next... ?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/47 ... ll-April-9

Town hall meetings and all virtual.. that way the bad ones can hide when asked a transparent question... !!!
HA! So he is literally just phoning it in now.
User avatar
liisgo
Guru
Posts: 5107
Joined: Jan 19th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by liisgo »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 9:48 am
liisgo wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 8:17 am
I don't and have never felt any pressure from a religious one against myself, via politics'.
However, using what you are saying to show who we all should hold this idea against it would have to be these new far left woke liberalist governments. Making decisions, applying them against us all in the name of their ideology of claiming woke and virtue signalling as a tool against others is sick. Telling the country what words they cannot use anymore. What books they can no longer read. Reprogramming of the people through constant woke education. Programming kids in school instead of teaching them education stuff. Insisting we have a white advantage and are racist people because of the past, etc.
Sorry, if your in disagreement of something religious most of us have never even noticed that's fine, but why are you not in disagreement of a government over ruling the people with all this woke claiming, shaming, name calling and re education thing? Are value's only recognized in the boundaries of a chosen political party.
Seems odd, or do you support it.
To declare things to be "woke" automatically puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people.
Just because you don't agree with the governmental decisions being made does not make them wrong. They're just wrong to you. Them making decisions to apply to all is exactly what governments do. That's their job. If you don't agree with their decisions and you have enough people that agree with you then you have the democratic ability to remove them from office. That's how it works. But if there aren't enough of you that feel that way then you lose. That's democracy.

Words: since you say it's all about "woke" then it seems you have no tolerance and respect for the dignity and rights of others. Nice.
Books: Religious groups are notorious for demanding the removal of books from grade school libraries. Even general public libraries. Religious groups have attempted to get onto school boards. Fortunately their intolerance gets found out and they don't get elected. So what level of government is going about requiring the removal of some books? Oh wait, is it a conservative branded political party to appease their religious voters?
Reprogramming of people: ??
Reprogramming of kids: So apparently you're of the mind that the only thing to teach kids are the 3 R's. Nothing else about life, the universe and everything. Nope, 3 R's, that's it. And of course train them to be good little slaves to the corporations by remaining ignorant to the world.

White males totally have the advantage and default privileges in this society and culture. Then white women (just my observation of which I don't adhere to). That they are racist because of the past is ridiculous. I have great respect for those that have endured being impacted in the past and that it still runs through them to this day. My head is not in the sand. I wish to know their stories. I don't wish to remain ignorant to the continuing effects still being felt. I want to know and share in their struggles they face in their lived lives and not be "one of those guys".
Unfortunately anyone claiming elegance to the left of governments, the Niberals, and judging any other after their 8 years of ridicule, shaming, naming against all others for not being part of their mob, have no right to cast a judgement. The very principal of the niberal woke government is always attacking others over speech, freedom and acceptance. And spending every minute of their time applying their woke virtue signalling claims against others for not taking part in it.
Feeling threatened, maybe offended because people are now calling Niberalism out, welcome to the club, you've been doing it for 8 yrs.
Time to look in mirror. Liberals have become the exact thing they have been claiming against others.
Enjoy, its been part of your Niberal parties platform from day one.
Interesting your offended, but no where has a single liberal fired back upon their party for calling citizens Nazi supporters, woman haters, threats to democracy, terrorists, extremists, misogynists, etc.
The liberal mindset that believe they are the ones to teach our kids about life is an absolute joke.
You cant define a woman but believe to understand life?
Really.

Surprised you were allowed that post, this is about BC election, not liberalism needing to validate itself through hatred.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 9702
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LovemyBolt wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 9:48 am
liisgo wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 8:17 am
I don't and have never felt any pressure from a religious one against myself, via politics'.
However, using what you are saying to show who we all should hold this idea against it would have to be these new far left woke liberalist governments. Making decisions, applying them against us all in the name of their ideology of claiming woke and virtue signalling as a tool against others is sick. Telling the country what words they cannot use anymore. What books they can no longer read. Reprogramming of the people through constant woke education. Programming kids in school instead of teaching them education stuff. Insisting we have a white advantage and are racist people because of the past, etc.
Sorry, if your in disagreement of something religious most of us have never even noticed that's fine, but why are you not in disagreement of a government over ruling the people with all this woke claiming, shaming, name calling and re education thing? Are value's only recognized in the boundaries of a chosen political party.
Seems odd, or do you support it.
To declare things to be "woke" automatically puts you in the ignorant, stagnant, unchanging, intolerant groups of people.
Just because you don't agree with the governmental decisions being made does not make them wrong. They're just wrong to you. Them making decisions to apply to all is exactly what governments do. That's their job. If you don't agree with their decisions and you have enough people that agree with you then you have the democratic ability to remove them from office. That's how it works. But if there aren't enough of you that feel that way then you lose. That's democracy.

Words: since you say it's all about "woke" then it seems you have no tolerance and respect for the dignity and rights of others. Nice.
Books: Religious groups are notorious for demanding the removal of books from grade school libraries. Even general public libraries. Religious groups have attempted to get onto school boards. Fortunately their intolerance gets found out and they don't get elected. So what level of government is going about requiring the removal of some books? Oh wait, is it a conservative branded political party to appease their religious voters?
Reprogramming of people: ??
Reprogramming of kids: So apparently you're of the mind that the only thing to teach kids are the 3 R's. Nothing else about life, the universe and everything. Nope, 3 R's, that's it. And of course train them to be good little slaves to the corporations by remaining ignorant to the world.

White males totally have the advantage and default privileges in this society and culture. Then white women (just my observation of which I don't adhere to). That they are racist because of the past is ridiculous. I have great respect for those that have endured being impacted in the past and that it still runs through them to this day. My head is not in the sand. I wish to know their stories. I don't wish to remain ignorant to the continuing effects still being felt. I want to know and share in their struggles they face in their lived lives and not be "one of those guys".
Someone really really needs to get off the kool-aid.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
LovemyBolt
Übergod
Posts: 1712
Joined: Jun 19th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Re: BC Election 2024

Post by LovemyBolt »

Veovis wrote: Mar 29th, 2024, 12:07 pm
And since they Don't the BCC did not deserve your prejudice and you can now vote for them. Otherwise just for existing you will need to eliminate EVERY party as they all have people of faith.

OF course you don't speak for all the left, you can only speak for yourself.

However you are a very perfect example of them, and represent their bigoted views well.
As I said, again, sheesh, it's that religious fundamentalists naturally gravitate towards a conservative kind of party. For as long as there is only one hard right party for them I will not be voting for that party.
Calling everything one disagrees with as being "woke" is being totally 100% bigoted as well and all that being anti-woke entails. So get off your self-righteous horse and stop being a hypocrite.

Return to “B.C.”