Campbell has to go..

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Campbell has to go..

Post by Nebula »

Steven, not all journalists focus on provincial matters. Some of us are more local in nature.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Nabcom wrote:
writerdave wrote:Shall we dig up all the NDP disappointments over the years also?

Go fer it WD, I'ld really like to hear more from you than just one or two liners. But you might like to review some of the other threads first, particularly those Al Czervic is posting in, so you can add something new if you can.

Better yet, maybe you can make a thorough case as to why Campbell should stay from your perspective? But then again look at Al Czervics posts so it can be something new.

Just to be clear, I'm not against the Liberals per se, but rather that I think they need a much more competent leader, instead of someone who leads from the rear.

Nab

Wow Nab,

I didn’t realize my posts were so lacking in something “new” for you. I really try hard to be factual and when I post opinions to state my personal point of view I try to be upfront about it as just that (personal points of view) and nothing more.

I always try to answer questions people have even when they are criticisms with actual factual information. I do insert my own comments from time to time but I really believe most people are unaware of much of what really transpires.

How often do people spout things as fact when they are completely untrue and inaccurate? I am not talking about personal opinions that everyone is entitled to, however factual misrepresentations; often intentional are the things I find not right.

But that’s just me.
Back with a vengeance
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Um, Al, I think you have Nab's post backwards.

Nab was goading me to express my viewpoints but he said I should read other threads (particularly the ones you have posted in) so that my viewpoints would be "new" as in "something Al hasn't already covered".

He didn't mean YOUR posts aren't good or new.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
writerdave wrote:Shall we dig up all the NDP disappointments over the years also?

Go fer it WD, I'ld really like to hear more from you than just one or two liners. But you might like to review some of the other threads first, particularly those Al Czervic is posting in, so you can add something new if you can.

Better yet, maybe you can make a thorough case as to why Campbell should stay from your perspective? But then again look at Al Czervics posts so it can be something new.

Just to be clear, I'm not against the Liberals per se, but rather that I think they need a much more competent leader, instead of someone who leads from the rear.

Nab

Wow Nab,

I didn’t realize my posts were so lacking in something “new” for you. I really try hard to be factual and when I post opinions to state my personal point of view I try to be upfront about it as just that (personal points of view) and nothing more.

I always try to answer questions people have even when they are criticisms with actual factual information. I do insert my own comments from time to time but I really believe most people are unaware of much of what really transpires.

How often do people spout things as fact when they are completely untrue and inaccurate? I am not talking about personal opinions that everyone is entitled to, however factual misrepresentations; often intentional are the things I find not right.

But that’s just me.

Evening Al

Perhaps you took me wrong. I wasn't at all suggesting that your posts were lacking in something new to me, in fact quite the opposite.

What I was suggesting was the WriterDave take the time to review your excellent input, so as to avoid repetition and be able to add something new that you hadn't already covered.

I really appreciate what I learn from your posts, and your willingness to provide information that you have access to.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Nabcom wrote:I really appreciate what I learn from your posts, and your willingness to provide information that you have access to.
Nab

As do I. And Al's posts make it difficult to add anything new. :sunshine:
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

writerdave wrote:
Nabcom wrote:I really appreciate what I learn from your posts, and your willingness to provide information that you have access to.
Nab

I appreciate your guy’s comments. They mean a lot; and I apologize that I took the post the wrong way. I am a tad emotional tonight and not thinking as clearly as I usually try too.

I may have to move on and deal with some health issues. I hope one day to return. And if not, keep up the good fight (and dialogue). It has been fun a few years and in spite of what anyone says I do truly love the Okanagan !
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Al Czervic wrote:
writerdave wrote:
Nab

I appreciate your guy’s comments. They mean a lot; and I apologize that I took the post the wrong way. I am a tad emotional tonight and not thinking as clearly as I usually try too.

I may have to move on and deal with some health issues. I hope one day to return. And if not, keep up the good fight (and dialogue). It has been fun a few years and in spite of what anyone says I do truly love the Okanagan !

Hang in there Al. I obviously cannot know what health issues you have to deal with, but one thing I know for sure from your strong participation here - you WILL put up a credible fight! Keep your laptop handy and stay in touch whenever you can.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Canada's Premiers appear to have wrapped up their meeting in Quebec with still no concensus on how to tackle climate change. Clearly we have a "country" that is little more than a loosely knit Federation of little independent kingdoms still.

From: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... e2e482f662

However I picked out this little gem..

"B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell stressed two-thirds of the Canadian population, which represent 50 per cent of the country's emissions, is committed to a cap-and-trade system."

HUH???? Think about it........ :-)
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

So math is not his strong suit? I thought we already knew that... :dyinglaughing:

Additionally, Al I hope that everything works out for you! All best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

That's part of it IMO ndp- but not necessarily the worst part. Keep trying LOL :-) We'll see if anyone here is smart enough to peg it, or if the Gordo Spin is just accepted at face value.

Here's another reason::::

BC is the worst in property crime in Canada. Abbotsford and Victoria stand #1 and #2 in the Province.

Considering Victoria's high crime rate standing with a rate double that of Toronto, and 6th overall worst crime rate in Canada, is it any wonder some folk there may think the police are getting a bit strict? Interestingly, in spite of all the beoching here, Kelowna and region don't appear to have made the worthy of comment list, although perhaps they don't make the population 100,000 and above criteria.

Interestingly, the overall graphs show crime rates increasing from 1962 to 1991, then from 1991 to last year in steady decline. Now I am not an expert as to trying to comment as to why that may be, but perhaps Steven can provide some input.

Heeeyyyyyyy Sttteeeeeeeveeennnnnn, we need some input :-))))) Seems to me we have been doing something right across much of the land for the last 17 years (although I doubt any of it can be credited to our current governments both federally and provincially)! Do I sense perhaps that indeed our current provincial government may be part of the problem in BC? Naw, you wouldn't support that notion would ya ;-)

Edit to add: Considering the latest allegations about Gordo's support of the RCMP actions in the Airport tasering affair (note that was before he had even received any results of investigations or hearings), is it any wonder that the crimos see Gordo as a buddy in arms?

Nab

The complete stats can report can be found here:
http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/080717/d080717b.htm

StatsCan report finds Victoria has B.C.'s second-highest crime rate
Per-capita offences more than double the rate in Toronto
Pedro Arrais, Times Colonist
Published: Friday, July 18, 2008

The highest crime rates in Canada are in the western provinces and Greater Victoria is second only to Abbotsford in British Columbia, according to an annual crime-statistics report released yesterday by Statistics Canada.

Despite a drop of 8.5 per cent from 2006, Victoria's 2007 crime rate of 9,335 offences per 100,000 population is more than double Toronto's 4,461.

Nationally, the crime rate declined more than seven per cent compared to the year before, continuing a downward trend in police-reported crime since the rate peaked in 1991.

Among the provinces, the highest crime rates were in Western Canada, continuing a trend observed over the last 30 years. Saskatchewan led the country with the highest overall crime rate, as well as having the highest rate of violent crime.

In B.C., a large number of thefts under $5,000 gave the province the distinction of having the highest property crime rate, despite a 8.8 per cent drop from 2006. Violent crime was down 3.6 per cent and the province's homicide rate last year was the lowest in over 40 years.

For the fourth year in a row, Ontario and Quebec had the country's lowest crime rates. Quebec City earned the distinction of reporting no homicides in 2007.

Nationally, impaired-driving offences were up three per cent, with the increase attributed to a 19 per cent rise in arrests in Alberta. An increase in marijuana possession charges drove drug-offence rates up four per cent.

Twenty-seven metropolitan areas across Canada were surveyed by Statistics Canada for the report, which was calculated based on Criminal Code offences compiled from police reports. It excludes traffic offences.

The report in its entirety can be read online at the website http://www.statcan.ca
Last edited by NAB on Jul 18th, 2008, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Ah, Nab. I haven't read the article yet.... I just based that on the quote you gave. :)
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

So,what the hell are we supposed to do to get rid of the Campbell and his bs. Our hands are effectively tied until the election. Till then,he merrily screws and gives sloppy seconds to any that want a piece of BC.
I am so sick of it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

With all the things he has taken away from the seniors, Gordie has to go.
Just a one liner that says it all. Thank you.
clefairy47_

Post by clefairy47_ »

and the mentally disabled too.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Gordo is in a lot of trouble, he has put in one tax too many, and the people are really well, ticked
It is not the gas tax, it is the heating oil and farm desiel and all the other aspects of life that are being touched by this. Next spring when people pay their home heating bills on the way to the polls, they will be thinking of Gordon and the Green Party for that matter, as they advocate for the same silly policies. The NDP sometimes really makes me angry, but I dislike the Liberals and Greens even more.
This party is in trouble and as the economy sinks into a massive slowdown the anger will build and the big economic chill is just around the corner

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”