Re: Rating Councillors/Directors

Post by the truth »

lets see
crime is up
cost of homes way up
low income houseing not.they have been looking in to it lol lol

lets see

o ya they all su* K
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
unfazed
Übergod

Post by unfazed »

While I am not about to blame city council for a nation-wide housing bubble, its clear that the entire crew should just step aside for new blood. The lack of attention to the wishes of the electorate is, sadly, all too apparent.

I mean, if I were on council and ideologically opposed to challenging the Covenant in the first place, I would not remain silent about it. Who cares about hurting the feelings of your fellow councillors? They're not your boss - its the citizens of the city that you answer to. The fact that they don't feel it necessary to even explain their positions logically (who goes to the court of appeal for clarity? jeez!) make me think there is something foul afoot.

Sharron Simpson should run for mayor.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

unfazed wrote:While I am not about to blame city council for a nation-wide housing bubble, its clear that the entire crew should just step aside for new blood. The lack of attention to the wishes of the electorate is, sadly, all too apparent.

I mean, if I were on council and ideologically opposed to challenging the Covenant in the first place, I would not remain silent about it. Who cares about hurting the feelings of your fellow councillors? They're not your boss - its the citizens of the city that you answer to. The fact that they don't feel it necessary to even explain their positions logically (who goes to the court of appeal for clarity? jeez!) make me think there is something foul afoot.

Sharron Simpson should run for mayor.

Did you mean Sharron Shepherd?? I have a friend who insists that they are sisters. Something funny is going on....... Confuses me too.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Pretty sure she means Simpson. No one on here wants to vote for Shepherd.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

city: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 but really all are zero's
Time for change
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Never mind the councillors we have to dump the non elected senior staff at city hall, and the legal people who give advice that costs us all kinds of money.
This council doesn't care about what you and I think unless we have something to develop.
We need a government locally that not only listens but hears what we the people have to say its time for them all to go
holdin

Post by holdin »

Its time to stop the maddness--where did the moritorium go on development in the Mission??
Someone is going to get killed in the area around the Eldorado/Manteo/Playa del Sol--I've witnessed two close calls there lately and it seems it's just a matter of time --the area is so congested and with the new restaurant there, cars are parking on yellow lines, in peoples driveways, at fire hydrants, on parts of Lakeshore where parking isn't allowed and anywhere they can find a spot--what happened to providing parking spaces when you develop.
The area is just too congested--I was told Council over ruled the planning Dept. who said Playa del Sol was too big for this area (RIGHT) and now we have the Manteo wanting to build 15 stories, a huge development beside the Eldorado, a huge complex at Gyro park and the big daddy of them all, right beside the Playa del Sol, at the Hiawatha with 1200 units, yep 1200 units by our Kelowna hero Milroy himself.
When is this council going to just say no--show some guts and start thinking about the people instead of the god-like developers!
We desperately need new blood on not only the council but as others have said new staff as well--everyone knows that if you want to be a planner(like the administrator) for this city you better tow the line or they will get rid of you.(the scary part is what are they going to do before the next election for all their friends)
How many Wal-Marts do we need or better yet how many Andres stores do we need?
Its time for a change before this city is completely ruined by the greed and stupidity of this council--they are getting fooled every day by developers who give us the idea that if they can't do what they want the city is going to die and everybody is going to starve to death!
It's time to stand up and demand better representation!
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

I don't think city council knows how to spell moratorium, just full speed ahead. It's funny, I thought Shepherd was elected on the platform of slowing down our growth so that we can catch our breath. Gosh, if this is slowing down, then I would hate to see Kelowna grow at full bore.

And excuse me, who is going to occupy all these high rise condos. We are not Hong Kong, New York or London. We are Kelowna. Somebody is going to get hurt, but the city won't care because they would have collected all their development charges up front.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

TimmyE wrote:I don't think city council knows how to spell moratorium, just full speed ahead. It's funny, I thought Shepherd was elected on the platform of slowing down our growth so that we can catch our breath. Gosh, if this is slowing down, then I would hate to see Kelowna grow at full bore.

And excuse me, who is going to occupy all these high rise condos. We are not Hong Kong, New York or London. We are Kelowna. Somebody is going to get hurt, but the city won't care because they would have collected all their development charges up front.

I suppose it is the developers problem then. And personally I don't feel sorry for someone who builds a big development and can't sell it. I don't think it has been a problem as of yet anyways. Would you rather the city allowed that many more homes up on a mountain somewhere or stacked on top of each other in the form of condos??
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
sheepy

Post by sheepy »

Reggin wrote:On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being least effective and 5 being most effective, how would you rate the following: Just put numbers in order of names.

CITY-Blanleil. Day, Shepherd, Hobson, Rule, Letnick, Gran, Given, Clarke

Blanleil -4, Day -3, Shepherd - 1, Hobson - 4, Rule - 1, Letnick - 1, Gran -1, Given -4, Clarke -3.

Gran and Letnick and Rule have been invisible and Shepherd is possibly the worst mayor in the history of earth. I would give here a minus infinity if that was possible - absolutly zero leadership skills. Blanleil, Given and Hobson at least have opinions on matters - like the opinions or not they at least have them and voice them.

:skippingsheep:
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Someone called me grumpypants and suggested I lived in a mobile home. Guess again, I don't live in a mobile home and never have. And I have been to city council, not very often but I have been there and this year too. This city council has a total lack of respect for the people of this community, and unfortunately they are going to face the wrath of the public. The Simpson thing is now going to put the Downtown highrise developement back on the agenda, and hopefully in the dust bin where it belongs. If you want highrises put them back somewhere near Gorden or at least back to Ethel Street, not anywhere near the park.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Here is a rating that reflects a number of voters views not just mine.
Blaneil 1 Day 3 Shepard 1 Hobson 1 Rule 1 Letnick 3 Given 1 Clarke 2

They all have to go basically perhaps Letnick could stay at least he states where his coming from and stays with it. I don't alway agree with Letnick but at least he is consistant.
Given demonstrated the other day he is not ready to be Mayor and he is not someone who is
politically mature, his little outburst the other day, finished any respect I had for him. He has
only contempt for the voters of this city
Blaneil, he is developers only, all other citizens will not be heard and the rest are people who behave more like spoiled children that councillors
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

The problem is: who is going to run against our 'Miss. Dithers' Mayor?

She does nothing for 3 years about the City trying to change the Simpson Covenant, and now, right before election time, and people are *bleep* off, she goes and says now she doesn't want to appeal? (It's Popular to be against the Simpson Covenant!)

Further, at an in-camera meeting (which was her decision iirc), she doesn't like the outcome, so she breaks the spirit of it and goes against it! I really think appealing the Simpson Covenant is stupid, but to go behind Council's back like she did was just low.

She has no principles, zero leadership and has dug Kelowna into a hole. The "change" she campaigned for, was not what she delivered. In hindsight, she was the worst person for the job.

I am really looking for a mayor who's not a tool. It's really sad that over the last 3 years all we're (maybe just me) just hoping for ever-so-slightly more than a complete incompetent in the mayor's chair.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

FunkyBunch wrote:She does nothing for 3 years about the City trying to change the Simpson Covenant...

You don't know that. The major decisions were made in-camera and neither you nor anyone else knows who voted which way in those meetings. Further, a mayor's job includes being the voice of council and that means, regardless which way she voted on an issue, she has to go with the will of the majority of council.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
holdin

Post by holdin »

AMEN damngrumpy!!

Return to “Kelowna”