Kelowna Mayoral - General Discussion

joeblow
Fledgling

Kelowna Mayoral - General Discussion

Post by joeblow »

Any ideas it is just a few months away! time for a fresh start.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Re: Who is going to run against Sharron Shepherd?

Post by damngrumpy »

I think the battle will be one between Sharron Shepherd and Brian Given.
The other posibility is that someone is waiting in the wings and the circus will begin anew.
There will be a lot of candidates running and I suspect there will likely be more than two candidates and that would actually work in Shepherd's favor. I think if Given runs alone against her, he will win. Sharron lost her credibility with the public in the shell game over the Simpson affair.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Yes, Shepherd has no credibility left. As far as Given is concerned, I wonder how he voted on the Simpson affair. Secrecy or not, I think city council should publicly declare how they voted on the decision to appeal the court's decision.

I feel that the Simpson affair will be the number 1 issue, when in fact there are other issues out there.
mott.hoople
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mott.hoople »

Given is out spoken that is for sure. Is he tied to the Milroy clan though? My belief has always been that most are on the take, however he would certainly run circles around Sheppard in an election for Mayor.
These high thread count sheets feel amazing on my naked skin. Oh Oh... Here comes the Zellers manager. I wonder what she wants?
unfazed
Übergod

Re: Who is going to run against Sharon Shepherd?

Post by unfazed »

If the above is true I can't leave this town soon enough.
holdin

Post by holdin »

Sharon Shepherd is the mayor??-- and all this time I thought Milroy was.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Could someone please explain about the Milroys?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

Oh god if Given wins I will simply implode.
To be inspired.
2by4angel
Fledgling

Post by 2by4angel »

I'd probably explode - not implode :dyinglaughing:
...Wonder who else (if anyone) is running for Mayor?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

What qualifies him to run a multi-million dollar business (our city)? NOTHING that I've seen in his resume. He's an embarassment to Kelowna, and shouldn't even be in politics. Besides, is his health even up to the stress of the job? He's had more than his share of health issues, and right now he's an over-weight, pale, heartattack-in-the-making.

IMO!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

And Miss. Shepherd is a better candidate?

Promise one thing before an election, deliver another until right before election, and then promise the exact same thing right before an election.

It'd be really cool if there was a younger generation of candidates and we could convince the younger generation of voters to go out and vote.

IMHO the whole slew of Kelowna's council needs to be tossed to the curb. Not one of them has the city's populace best interests at heart.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

She's brutal as well. It certainly sucks to hold one's nose when marking the ballot. Voting for the lesser evil is really frustrating.

I fully agree with your comments, BTW. It's time for a wholesale changing of the guard at City Hall!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

How do we go about getting a changing of the guard done?

I'd run for council (I'm currently thinking of running as a school trustee as my first foray into politics), but I am worried about getting funding and getting beaten by sheer name recognition and the fact that I'm 24.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

We need someone who is not connected to the crowd presently there. We need a new council for that matter. Maybe we could organize an anti incumbant campaign where we encourage people to vote for those not currently on council. I know, there would be experience issues, but that is the
problem already, these folks have all the experience as to how to get what they want at the expense of the publc and we should throw the buggars out that simple. Incidently I think Sharon could beat Given, he demonstrated to me why he should not be given the top job. Until his little outburst I might have given some thought to him being Mayor, now, no way
mott.hoople
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mott.hoople »

FunkyBunch wrote:How do we go about getting a changing of the guard done?

I'd run for council (I'm currently thinking of running as a school trustee as my first foray into politics), but I am worried about getting funding and getting beaten by sheer name recognition and the fact that I'm 24.

Drop the school trustee idea - go for council - one of the best things you have going is your age - we so need some fresh ideas and the people to pull it off.
These high thread count sheets feel amazing on my naked skin. Oh Oh... Here comes the Zellers manager. I wonder what she wants?

Return to “Kelowna”