Halloween

A potpourri of off-topics.
uwho
Fledgling

Halloween

Post by uwho »

Is there any good outdoor setups for kids for the spooky night of Haloween??????
onestop67
Guru

Re: halloween

Post by onestop67 »

uwho wrote:Is there any good outdoor setups for kids for the spooky night of Haloween??????

The fruit/veggie stand on KLO, just south of Benvoulin, used to have a big maze through the cornfield on Halloween. Complete with scary sounds and things that go bump.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Try city park or Hein Road. There are lots of spooky people there.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

or Bob's house or maybe check out Strut's neighborhood
uwho
Fledgling

Re: Halloween

Post by uwho »

"Try city park or Hein Road. There are lots of spooky people there."

MUhhhaahahahaaa

seriously folks....

Halloween is suppose to be for kids, and no good outdoor activites around here, like haunted houses? Fun houses, etc??

Ohh nice, i wonder if the KLO will be open, i will keep my eyes and ears open! Thanks
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

I posted one ^^^
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

doesn't someone like the Boys and Girls Club do a haunted house every year? :nutzoid:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

http://www.mcmillanfarms.ca/index.html

This is the only other thing I can find. Maybe call them and ask if they know of other events.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

ferri wrote:doesn't someone like the Boys and Girls Club do a haunted house every year? :nutzoid:

Can't find anything. And I searched Recreation Kelowna also.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

rats. i've heard it on the radio every year since we have been here. i'll be darned if i can remember who does it though.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

I don't think the KLO corn maze exist anymore. I thought I remembered seeing a for sale sign. I could be wrong though. It would be a shame if it was closed.
quietlywatching84
Übergod

Post by quietlywatching84 »

I don't know if anybody does a good haunted house anymore.

I remember my sister and her friends used to put one on every year when they were in high-school, it was more old folks orientated, it was actually pretty scary, they used a lot of movie make-up and crazy effects, things used to actually jump out at you. YIKES!

great fun! the good ol' days
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Smuckers wrote:I don't think the KLO corn maze exist anymore. I thought I remembered seeing a for sale sign. I could be wrong though. It would be a shame if it was closed.

An old timer named John used to own the place but I think he passed on a while back. I thought the new owners had done it in the past though.

My Country Garden, that's the name.
sparkey

Post by sparkey »

Just a slight change in Halloween topics..... How many of you would be into going Corraloweening!? It is always a great time and we can be in costume and just add to your already popular get togethers! Let's roll it around and see if it's a good idea or not. I have not missed one yet!!
EMAIL.....a useful device for gossiping with friends while you're in the office........and still looking busy!
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

The corn maze at the pumpkin patch? Man, we went there two weekends ago, it was great! I don't know if it's the same place that you're talking about, but it was a good day. The corn maze, choosing a pumpkin and hay rides were a nice change of pace. Girlfriends daughter had a blast. I'm looking forward to going with them there again come closer to Christmas to pick out a Christmas Tree. :discodance:

I actually have halloween off this year, so I get to go play "Real Ghostbuster" with the little "Vampiress" (she's pretty specific) and her mom (costume to be determined, lol!) trick-or-treating this year!

Return to “Grab Bag”