Full Gospel Church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Full Gospel Church

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Big ned wrote:Christ stated that his church would be called by his name...

Is that another case of that good ol' self-fulfilling prophesy? "Look, our church has Jesus in the name, just like he said it would, it's a miracle!"
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Big ned wrote: Christ stated that his church would be called by his name...

Where did he state that?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

From wacktacula:

The Book of Mormon explains this even further. Jesus Christ appeared after His resurrection and ascension into heaven to the ancient inhabitants in America. He declared to them,

"Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in my name that he will bless the church for my sake. And how be it my church save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses' name then it be Moses' church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel."
~3 Nephi 27:7-8
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

:sunshine:
Last edited by RR24K on Oct 28th, 2008, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

I could go all Walter Martin all over this thread, it would be nasty.

But i won't, I'm a good guy.

I am your father!
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Back on topic please, everybody.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Jo wrote:Back on topic please, everybody.

The topic was answered, there are a few options available, continue allowing posters to answer where the Full Gospel Church is, lock the thread as completed, or allow Godless pokes at the LDS religion to run rampant.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

The pokes are nothing we haven 't had before. I'm sure what in that post makes one who believes in God think that the lds should be lsd.(except of course that some atheists think all people of religion are on lsd).

If one believes in God and that he reveals himself to His prophets, nothing new with Joseph Smith.

Quite impressed with hello's quick reference to Book of Mormon doctrine... nicely done.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

haven't you heard Big ned? there is to be no discrimination unless it applies to Christians. end of story. :) how DARE you belive in God? Allah is okay though...lol!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Big ned wrote:...
If one believes in God and that he reveals himself to His prophets, nothing new with Joseph Smith.

Quite impressed with hello's quick reference to Book of Mormon doctrine... nicely done.

I guess the LDS people over looked the part of the new testament where Jesus used his kung-fu grip to shutoff the prophet tap, no mortal can open them, even if they use one of those infomercial gadgets.

what?
- Carl Sagan
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Ferri,
Ain't it the truth. The wasps of the world are being discriminated against these days... The pendulum has swung... wish it would just stay in the middle.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

ferri wrote:haven't you heard Big ned? there is to be no discrimination unless it applies to Christians. end of story. :) how DARE you belive in God? Allah is okay though...lol!

Big ned wrote:Ferri,
Ain't it the truth. The wasps of the world are being discriminated against these days... The pendulum has swung... wish it would just stay in the middle.

where is the discrimination? Come on! :cursor:
- Carl Sagan
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

:sunshine:
Last edited by RR24K on Oct 28th, 2008, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Could you provide some kind of link to the portion of the bible that says the prophet tap was shut off Hello? I'm no bible scholar, but I'm pretty sure there is no such place. In fact in Amos it states that God will do nothing save he reveal it to his servants the prophets.... Hmm. Ok, your turn.
Hollywood1670

Post by Hollywood1670 »

Prespertian :sunshine:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”