Andre Blanleil - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Andre Blanleil - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Andre Blanleil, council candidate.
omisimaw
Guru

Re: Andre Blanleil - Council Candidate

Post by omisimaw »

Time for him to retire!
He stated he wanted to "see" if any "business" people were going to run before he threw his hat in yet again. Guess he determined there either were non or he is better. What a joke, like he is such a bright star on council or in the business community for that matter.
I am sure many of the new names come with just as much business expertise and probably some with much more.
He does get A for arrogance for sure!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Lady Pinot Blank
Fledgling

Post by Lady Pinot Blank »

If he was at all interested in running a real campain he would at the least post something on the City web site - no statement, link or otherwise.
leroibrown

Post by leroibrown »

I agree that Mr. Blanliel should retire. *deleted/Jo* He also was the one on council to speak up about the grafitti problem in this city, but only after he was a victim when his business was targeted. It was only a problem when it effected him personally. That makes him self serving. Pack it in Andre. There are far more qualified individuals running to take your place. I for one would like to see all new faces in council chambers. Replace every last one of these self serving nit wits, including Shepherd.
shrory
Fledgling

Post by shrory »

This is going to be a very short post...

I agree, he should retire. lets have some NEW blood
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Post by nellietheelephant »

shrory wrote:This is going to be a very short post...

We need some continuity from the old council - Blanleil and Hobson are the only ones who can do that. The rest are a waste of a good seat!

Nellie
stearnzy

Post by stearnzy »

I’m also sure that most people are not aware that Andre is the head of a large company with over 100 employees and has stores in many cities not just the stores in Kelowna as well as being on the steering committee of Dumolin Audiotronic for all of Canada. To say that he is not knowledgeable in the practices of business is outragous. He is always looking to see what is best for every community in witch he has stores.
Last edited by stearnzy on Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

nellietheelephant wrote:
shrory wrote:This is going to be a very short post...

We need some continuity from the old council - Blanleil and Hobson are the only ones who can do that. The rest are a waste of a good seat!

Nellie

OH PLEASE CONTINUITY!

Both these people need to grab their lives and go on a hike, somewhere else. They add nothing but continuity of the problems that have plagued this city for too long.

TIME FOR NEW BLOOD

NO VOTE ANDRE OR HOBSON
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Andre really should go. He is there for business interest (his own?) and he is there to make sure that softball diamonds keep on being built. Never has seen his real agenda. This city needs new blood. I agree Andre and Hobson HAVE TO GO!
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

John500 wrote:Andre really should go. He is there for business interest (his own?) and he is there to make sure that softball diamonds keep on being built. Never has seen his real agenda. This city needs new blood. I agree Andre and Hobson HAVE TO GO!

Not really sure why everyone feels hobson has to go, but i completely agree about Andre. He is going on name recognition alone, and has pretty much every election IIRC. With his brother as Fire Chief and his name well known in town, i guess he figures the city of kelowna is dumb enough to vote him back in without giving us any reason to. Tells me how seriously he takes his committment to this job, and to us, so he will certainly not be getting a vote from the adults in my house this year!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

John500 wrote:Andre really should go. He is there for business interest (his own?) and he is there to make sure that softball diamonds keep on being built. Never has seen his real agenda. This city needs new blood. I agree Andre and Hobson HAVE TO GO!

So, providing recreational facilities for our youth is a bad thing in your eyes? Would you rather they be hanging around the 7-11 dealing drugs, or be playing baseball where they'll learn about respect and teamwork? Also, shouldn't people with successful business backgrounds be considered better able to handle Kelowna's largest business, our city, with our money, than those with little or no business acumen?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Fisher-Dude wrote:

So, providing recreational facilities for our youth is a bad thing in your eyes? Would you rather they be hanging around the 7-11 dealing drugs, or be playing baseball where they'll learn about respect and teamwork? Also, shouldn't people with successful business backgrounds be considered better able to handle Kelowna's largest business, our city, with our money, than those with little or no business acumen?

Yes but they should also feel like they are accountable to the public and it is apparent from his lack of campaign that Mr Blanleil does not.
RJ7

Post by RJ7 »

And since he only shows up to what, 'maybe' 50% of council meetings?
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

RJ7 wrote:And since he only shows up to what, 'maybe' 50% of council meetings?

Seriously? Is that documented somewhere? Very interesting
G W`s

Post by G W`s »

RJ7 wrote:And since he only shows up to what, 'maybe' 50% of council meetings?

If this is true than do they receive 50% pay?! He would never let that happen with his employees, they would most certainly be fired!! I would like to have their attendance out for the public to see prior to any vote or better yet monthy and yearly with how much they were docked! We pay taxes and we deserve this information of all our polititions!!! That would be a certain consideration for me and my family vote!!!!!! ACCOUNTABILITY FIRST

Return to “Kelowna”