Rick Thorburn - Mayoral Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Rick Thorburn - Mayoral Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Rick Thorburn, Vernon mayoral candidate.
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Re: Rick Thorburn - Mayoral Candidate

Post by nellietheelephant »

Jo wrote:A thread for Rick Thorburn, Vernon mayoral candidate.

The first sensible candidate to come foreward.
An award winning architect who has done more than most over the last several years for the citizens of Vernon.

This candidate deserves your vote.

Nellie
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I also saw Rick Thorburn at a recent forum. I was really impressed. He's lived here for decades, is an architect who has ideas for how the community should grow. I'm voting for him.
localgovtjunkie

Post by localgovtjunkie »

Why would I want to vote for someone who is going to increase my taxes, simply because he doesn't like a pothole in a City of Vernon street and wants to blame it on someone who lives in the surrounding area? In case you didn't know, roads in electoral areas are maintained by the Province. So you want to amalgamate areas B and C, do you? Well lemme tell you, there's quite a few roads in those areas, and if the City takes these areas over, it will be 100% responsible for all the roads in the expanded area of the City. So that means MORE COSTS, PLENTY MORE COSTS, for all of us doofus City taxpayers to share.

If a "smart" man like Rick Thorburn can't comprehend this basic principle, he has NO business letting his name stand for mayor.

Return to “Vernon”