Perry Mack - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Perry Mack - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

This thread is for Perry Mack, council candidate.
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Re: Perry Mack - Council Candidate

Post by nellietheelephant »

Ron Cannans PR Guy - say it ain't so!

So we want to vote for you - convince us why we should.

Nellie
Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

This guy is all about flash and is an ego maniac. He calls himself an entrepreneur and marketer, which is true. He is the one behind that Beerfest disaster. Need I say more?
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Hmmm a little spark and flash to council.....
Might not hurt...
Although I think a closer look is needed beyond the today of this person.
Where is he from, what did he do before he got into promotions? What is HIS eductational background and other work skills he would bring to the table.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

nellietheelephant wrote:Ron Cannans PR Guy

Just as Cannan will never have my vote, neither will this guy.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

iphtheme wrote:
nellietheelephant wrote:Ron Cannans PR Guy

Just as Cannan will never have my vote, neither will this guy.

I'd vote for Cannon, his motives are legit. You can agree or disagree with his politics, but he is a good man.

I'm not saying Mack isn't either, but listen to him talk for 5 minutes, he likes himself too much for me. Confidence, ego all that are good to a point. But he is too much for me, just a personal opinion from the little bit I have observed
linkto

Post by linkto »

VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WEBSITE AND FOUND IT VERY INFORMATIVE! ALSO ENJOYED HEARING YOU SPEAK AT THE DOWNTOWN PUBLIC FORUM - YES, I WAS ONE OF MANY WHO STAYED UNTIL THE END.

I'VE HEARD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS, INCLUDING THE SUCCESS OF KELOWNA'S FIRST BEER FESTIVAL.

IT IS REFRESHING TO MEET SOMEONE WHO IS A THINKER, PLANNER AND DOER!

YOU HAVE OUR VOTE!

please don't type in all upper case. it is considered shouting. thanks!
ferri
:)
livingmydream

Post by livingmydream »

Great to see all your involvement in our community. I am a third generation Kelowna resident and have seen alot of changes here. You will be a much needed voice on council, and I look forward to your success.

I understand you were involved with the "healthy eating" program (or something along those lines?) at food consessions etc......good for you.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

I heard that when questioned about the rabbit issue, he was in support of letting them reside. Has anyone else heard this and can shed more light on it?
halftime

Post by halftime »

I think that if you have questions that you would like answered by any of the nominees, you should direct your questions directly to the individual. I know that he has a website and I've emailed questions, which he's answered.

Asking someone else to speak on behalf of the individual is wrong and you will get misguided information, especially from this "Vince Vega" person! Everyone has an opinion, so if you want the opinion of the nominee, isn't that a good place to start?
halftime

Post by halftime »

That is not what I heard, however again, you should ask him directly
Chmmr wrote:I heard that when questioned about the rabbit issue, he was in support of letting them reside. Has anyone else heard this and can shed more light on it?
L Meyer

Post by L Meyer »

Im also a third generation Kelowna resident and I have been concerned about the quality of the candidates running in this election. Norm Letnick's departure from council has left a huge hole that needs to be filled by someone informed about municipal issues. It's also important to have someone with good business sense, those skills will be needed to manage this city. Perry Mack has proven his success in both of these areas. His reputation as a businessman and his involvement in this community has been extremely positive. Anyone who says that the Kelowna Beer Festival was a failure clearly didn't attend. His current company is also a Business Excellence Finalist this year. This is the resume of a person that I want on City council.
Vanermi

Post by Vanermi »

Hey Vincent Vega,

You claim the beerfest was not a success? Were you involved in the organization of the Beer Fest Event? No you say, then how would you measure a failure or success of an event if you had nothing to do with it? You can't so shuttie

I would rather have someone working for me that takes risks in order to achieve success and fail, than have someone sit back and focus on the negative reasons why not to take risks like our council currently does. Wakefest for example was a HUGE success however all our city councillors and others like it (Penticton) are too damn shell shocked to figure out a solution to the problems that occur at successful events and deal with them the year prior to the event. I believe Perry Mack is our guy to get in there and change these knee knocking panzies like yourself.

It's always so easy to knock on people you know nothing about instead of looking for the good in people. Why don't you try to get to know him first before making irrational negative comments about him. He is a friend of mine and I take offense to your comments which you are entitled to make, I just felt I had to correct you.

GO PERRY!!
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

L Meyer wrote:Im also a third generation Kelowna resident and I have been concerned about the quality of the candidates running in this election. Norm Letnick's departure from council has left a huge hole that needs to be filled by someone informed about municipal issues. It's also important to have someone with good business sense, those skills will be needed to manage this city. Perry Mack has proven his success in both of these areas. His reputation as a businessman and his involvement in this community has been extremely positive. Anyone who says that the Kelowna Beer Festival was a failure clearly didn't attend. His current company is also a Business Excellence Finalist this year. This is the resume of a person that I want on City council.

I believe he is also a volunteer ski patroller at Big White as well which is also a great service to this community.
Last edited by Chmmr on Oct 26th, 2008, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halftime

Post by halftime »

to vanmermi.........I couldn't agree more!!!!! You said exactly what I want to say to Vega's face!!!!!

Return to “Kelowna”