Gord Milsom - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Gord Milsom - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Gord Milsom, council candidate.
JVD3741

Re: Gord Milsom - Council Candidate

Post by JVD3741 »

Hello Mr. Milsom;

Have read your Campaign Statement. You have not passed comment on any of the real issues that have arisen during the term of the last council. Your comments would be appreciated .

1) Voting against the formation of a Citizens Advisory Committee?

2) The Backroom Politicing regarding the renaming process w/ total disregard for the work that was done by the citizens ..?

3) Is there a plan for a "townhall location"? It should be located somewhere in middle of the district, your think?.

4) AND where are the candidates? I hear about all the door knocking. This is the 2nd election, to date NOBODY has knocked on our door. Maybe we live too far north, or the streets & driveways are too steep?

The candidate that can answer our questions honestly will get our vote.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

At last night's debate you did incredibly well. Your concern for those less fortunate came across and I was impressed. On your idea of secondary suites I hope we can see them done on a broad base as opposed to house by house. You got my vote, good luck.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Another excellent meeting. Well done. Got my vote.
waterskirick

Post by waterskirick »

I've sent this to all candidates. A yes or no answer will do.

I'd like to vote for someone with a little spine. Our mayor has stated (unlike all other cadidates) that she will only support a new name that has shown more than 50% support from the whole community. A new name will not help unify us if it only has 30% or 35% support. We need a majority, and if we don't get that, then some kind of run off until we do.

So far I have only one candidate to vote for, Neis for councillor. I'll vote for others only if they show leadership and commit to a 50 + 1% requirement for a new name. Will you commit to this?
p2malone

Post by p2malone »

Hello, I am undecided about which candidates to vote for in the upcoming election, so I am sending out a question for all. We have lived here just a short time (8 months) and my family and I are horrified with the amount of crime and drugs that Kelowna /Westside has. Both places are getting a very bad reputation for high criminal activity and I strongly believe that something needs to be done about it. The name of the Westside does not have very much importance when the world is referring to it as Crack Alley, Drug City, Meth. Meadows, etc...... These are just a few names that I have heard in other provinces, when referring to Kelowna and the Westside. My question.......if you are voted in will you support a increase in policing? Thank you in advance.

Return to “Westside”