Charlie Hodge - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Charlie Hodge - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Charlie Hodge, council candidate.
Bestside
Guru

Re: Charlie Hodge - Council Candidate

Post by Bestside »

Charlie has council experience. A good candidate!
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

A lot of information about his family ties as a kid but nothing about the today of his family ties.
Not that this is a big issue but it is information that gives one a sense of knowing who the person is.
Take it he is into hockey and music. Not a bad thing.
Big into environment and this is a great thing.

Sure why not give him a go.

I would rather have a newby like Charlie as opposed to the old boys club that want more than their 15 minutes of fame.

Will watch this guy.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
stefzaz

Post by stefzaz »

He's only lived in Kelowna for 8 years......I personally feel that whoever is on council should have lived in Kelowna since before the big growth in the early 90's. Otherwise I don't think they know what Kelowna's all about, where it should be going, and what's in it's best interest.
leroibrown

Post by leroibrown »

I disagree with that statement. The current administration has turned this city into a lights out after nine old folks home. Time for a new council that will bring some events back to this city for the summer. Family events not drunken teenager party events. Just because he has only been here for 8 years doesn't mean he can't be on council. Remember he is only one councillor and will not have the final say on what decisions are made. It would be nice to have input from individuals that come from other cities to help not make the same mistakes that were made there. Chuck's got my vote. Seems like a fine fellow. Read his statement. If Howie Meeker likes him he must be a keeper. :runforlife: :discodance:
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Chucks got my vote too, we need a totally new council, time to get rid of all incumbants
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Just got done reading his site (wasn't sure if he was who i was thinking of) and he is definitely getting my vote. I think he would be a huge asset to council!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

stefzaz wrote:He's only lived in Kelowna for 8 years......I personally feel that whoever is on council should have lived in Kelowna since before the big growth in the early 90's. Otherwise I don't think they know what Kelowna's all about, where it should be going, and what's in it's best interest.

My wife went to KSS with him so he was raised in Kelowna and knows exactly what it was like before the boom. He moved away for awhile and came back, so that's a good thing because he has seen other perspectives too.
She says she will vote for him and that is good enough for me.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
stefzaz

Post by stefzaz »

Then he should add that somewhere in his profile that he's lived here before.
To me, someone who's lived here a long time knows what Kelowna's all about, where it's been, where it's at, and where it's going, and would be more capable at making the right decisions for our city. Everyone has their own opinions, that's just mine.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

stefzaz wrote:Then he should add that somewhere in his profile that he's lived here before.

Then I suppose if some research was done before making a statement like that.
All I was doing was pointing out an error on your assumption, it would not be fair to Charlie to have people not know that he grew up here.

http://www.charliehodge.ca/experience.html
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Bsuds wrote:
stefzaz wrote:Then he should add that somewhere in his profile that he's lived here before.

Then I suppose if some research was done before making a statement like that.
All I was doing was pointing out an error on your assumption, it would not be fair to Charlie to have people not know that he grew up here.

http://www.charliehodge.ca/experience.html

Mr. Community!
Who is Charlie Hodge?

Charlie Hodge was born in Penticton in 1955 and moved from Summerland to Kelowna at age seven. A mid-70’s KSS grad he spent the majority of the following 30 years as a newspaper reporter, photographer, columnist, and editor. Charlie left fulltime media 10 years ago to write books and run his communications company. He currently writes a weekly newspaper column titled HodgePodge.

From 1997 to 2000 Hodge served an effective three-year term on Parksville City Council.

He finished ninth in the last Kelowna civic election.

Hodge was a 2008 Male Citizen of the Year Award finalist for his outstanding community work, and a finalist for the 2007 Okanagan Musicians’ Humanitarian of the Year.

He’s the executive director of the Okanagan Wildlife Recovery Centre Society.

“I carry no axes to grind, no party affiliations, and no provincial or federal aspirations. I simply want to serve my community,” Hodge says.
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

As I said before Charlie, and Gunnar are at the top of my choices for this election and today I
decided to add John just to keep the place lively.
Charlie is a hard working, thoughtful guy, who would be one great asset for this city
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

damngrumpy wrote:As I said before Charlie, and Gunnar are at the top of my choices for this election and today I
decided to add John just to keep the place lively.
Charlie is a hard working, thoughtful guy, who would be one great asset for this city

Which John? There are 2. :sunshine:
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

John Zeger of course. No I don't really like the guy, but then I don't like some of people already on
council. If they get re-elected they will get a taste of the medicine they inflicted on us for the past
three years.
SOMA

Post by SOMA »

Charlie's idea of only LEEDS projects is misguided since LEEDS do little more than add to development costs which are in turn passed on to the buyer. Causing to increase housing costs in a market like Kelowna isn't helping anyone. We need solutions to problems, not making the problems worse.

Return to “Kelowna”