Vote in Kelowna Election via mail?

BoB76
Guru

Vote in Kelowna Election via mail?

Post by BoB76 »

[color=#000000]Vote by mail option for some
by Castanet Staff - Story: 42702
Oct 26, 2008 / 5:00 am

Kelowna residents will be able to vote via mail in the upcoming municipal elections.

For the first time, some electors in the Kelowna area will be able to cast their ballot by sending it through the mail, provided they meet some criteria.

Chief election Officer, Stephen Fleming, says the City of Kelowna Election bylaw has been amended to reflect new provincial legislation for local governments by including an option for mail ballot voting.

“Only eligible voters with a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote, or those who expect to be absent from the city on Election Day, November 15, or during the advance polls may vote by mail,” says Fleming.

He says advance polls are open November 5 and 12.

“Eligible voters must be a Canadian citizen, 18 years of age or older as of November 15, 2008, and not be disqualified by law from voting. Voters must also be a resident of B.C. for at least six months and a resident of Kelowna for at least 30 days prior to registering to vote, or owned property in Kelowna for at least 30 days.”

Flemings says applications for a mail ballot package can be submitted to the City Clerk’s Division at the City of Kelowna.

Packages will be sent out once ballots are available, late October or early November.

In order to be counted for the election, mail ballots must be received at City Hall, no later than 8 p.m. on Saturday, November 15.
[/color]

Wouldn't this be a great idea for those of us who are just too lazy to go and vote?

I am sure that they have handicap parking and wheelchair ramps to get to the voting stations. Why are the sick and handicapped getting this deal and not the rest of us? If I broke my leg on election day I would have to go to the voting station.....wouldn't I? And if I was really sick is my vote going to really count anyways?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “Kelowna”