Gary Leaman - Mayoral Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Gary Leaman - Mayoral Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Gary Leaman, mayoral candidate.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Re: Gary Leaman - Mayoral Candidate

Post by OREZ »

*removed off topic remark - Jennylives*
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
skahalaker

Post by skahalaker »

onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

mug48

Post by mug48 »

Don't forget, this guy is the one who wants to take the road out along Okanagan Lake. He wants to 'privatize' the beach area. And wasn't he in charge of city transportation board with the Government Street widening for 4 lanes....sure screwed that up.
Tom
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

mug48 wrote:Don't forget, this guy is the one who wants to take the road out along Okanagan Lake. He wants to 'privatize' the beach area. And wasn't he in charge of city transportation board with the Government Street widening for 4 lanes....sure screwed that up.
Tom

Thanks. I will look into that part of his platform.

I am new to town and don't know the candidates from Adam.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

iTard

Post by iTard »

Can someone please let me know why a whole bunch of comments were removed?
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Read the special conditions for using this election section.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=15789
iTard

Post by iTard »

Mr. Leaman, was it not only a month or so ago that you were planning on moving to Thailand to run a hotel in your wife's family's name? What has changed?
My wife call's me an "iTard" because I own too many Apple products, iPhone, iMac etc.
lindsayclements

Post by lindsayclements »

What road along Okanagan Lake are we talking about here? Is there additional information on this? I haven't heard anything about it. Also, what's this about privatizing? I'd like to hear more about that if you have more information.
I think its okay for people to change their minds about moving places.
Gary Leaman

Post by Gary Leaman »

mug48 wrote:Don't forget, this guy is the one who wants to take the road out along Okanagan Lake. He wants to 'privatize' the beach area. And wasn't he in charge of city transportation board with the Government Street widening for 4 lanes....sure screwed that up.
Tom

I raised the issue of removing cars from a section of Lakeshore drive in 2002. I believed we needed to talk about the public's ability to connect with the water, and perhaps the beach should be about people and not about cars. I wanted to discuss the idea of a boardwalk for greater public use, walking, rollerblading, cycling, etc. It became apparent that Penticton is still very much in love with its car culture. I have no interest in doing anything against the greater public will.

Government Street was widened to four lanes during the Mike Pearce administration, prior to my being elected to Council.

I am happy to discuss any issue at 250-493-3396 or [email protected]

Gary Leaman
Penticton Mayoral Candidate
Gary Leaman

Post by Gary Leaman »

iTard wrote:Mr. Leaman, was it not only a month or so ago that you were planning on moving to Thailand to run a hotel in your wife's family's name? What has changed?

Our retirement plans involve Thailand when the timing is right. My current focus is Penticton.

Gary Leaman
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

I am presuming that given your experience managing Cherry Lane, and having been on Council before, you understand the difficulty of budgeting. Could you outline how you would see proceeding in the budget process given the tight economic times in general and those in Penticton City coffers in particular?

Could you also please articulate your position on the ALR. Do you favour maintaining agricultural lands? Would you consider selling at least two of the Munson's properties back into agricultural use?

Return to “Penticton”