JC Rathwell - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

JC Rathwell - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

This thread is for JC Rathwell, council candidate.
roberm

Re: JC Rathwell - Council Candidate

Post by roberm »

I have no idea why I would ever vote for someone who blatantly parks his Hummer in a NO PARKING zone near the sails. I've observed this on a regular basis, and it appears as though he thinks it is acceptable due to the fact that his 4 way flashers are on!

Someone with such disregard for Kelowna's bylaws is obviously not going to work well on City Council.
Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

roberm wrote:I have no idea why I would ever vote for someone who blatantly parks his Hummer in a NO PARKING zone near the sails. I've observed this on a regular basis, and it appears as though he thinks it is acceptable due to the fact that his 4 way flashers are on!

Someone with such disregard for Kelowna's bylaws is obviously not going to work well on City Council.

He drives a hummer?

He doesn't get my vote
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

I think that speaks greatly towards their environmental beliefs which could be a key issue for many voters.
dckelowna

Post by dckelowna »

I observed said Hummer (Legit) parked on the Median at Gordon and Harvey tonight. There were two guys a few feet back using what looked like cordless hammer drill on the median. I'm guessing the guy with the drill was drilling holes in the paving stones to put up the JC Rathwell campaign sign lying next to him. I'm just speculating here, but I don't think the city would be too crazy to know that their paving stones might be getting drilled out for campaign signs..
roberm

Post by roberm »

I hope someone reports him to the City Bylaw Officers.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

roberm wrote:I hope someone reports him to the City Bylaw Officers.

I second this!
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

roberm wrote:I have no idea why I would ever vote for someone who blatantly parks his Hummer in a NO PARKING zone near the sails. I've observed this on a regular basis, and it appears as though he thinks it is acceptable due to the fact that his 4 way flashers are on!

He seems far to full of himself. I can't help to think he is only running for council to somehow get personal gain. As well what the heck is with the hummer and why does he think he can park it anywhere?
concerncitizen

Post by concerncitizen »

Be careful in regards to what you read here in the comments section.

We are all aware, mudslinging has become as much a part of political campaigns as shaking hands and kissing babies.

In the typical political campaign, people and opposition work behind the scenes, digging up dirt on rivals, spinning half-truths, spreading innuendo, and stirring up emotions with hot-button issues all to win votes.

Kelowna’s greatest asset is the wonderful people who call our city home. We have strength in our diversity and a richness in our shared culture. Time, opportunity and a shared common vision set around priorities will continue to bring us together and make Kelowna an even better place to live, work, and raise a family for generations to come.

Our greatest liability is the politics of the past that keeps holding us back. We keep doing the same things the same way and we are expecting different results. This year we have to make a change – change the way we govern, change the style and tone of leadership at city hall, change the way we think about education, economic development for our city, and everything else that impacts our quality of life here. Kelowna is a great city with great people, and it’s time our local government lives up to that standard.

That is why I will vote for JC Rathwell. I have met JC Rathwell and spent time talking with him about his "vision" for Kelowna. He is honest, kind and outspoken. He cares about this City and will make a difference, as he is able to think 'outside the box'.

I am appalled about the lies that are being spread about Mr. Rathwell. Yes I have seen his vehicle, a Hummer parked in the loading zone by the sails and that is exactly what he was doing, unloading his vehicle. So if you want to know the real JC Rathwell, then attend the council meetings and speak with him, get to know him. Yes, he may drive a Hummer (which he as earned by hard work and needs by necessity ) but he is the most unassuming, down to earth person I know. So please, before posting something negative make the effort to go to the next council meeting and talk with him, then you can post an honest opinion.

Concern Citizen
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

am appalled about the lies that are being spread about Mr. Rathwell. Yes I have seen his vehicle, a Hummer parked in the loading zone by the sails and that is exactly what he was doing, unloading his vehicle. So if you want to know the real JC Rathwell, then attend the council meetings and speak with him, get to know him. Yes, he may drive a Hummer (which he as earned by hard work and needs by necessity ) but he is the most unassuming, down to earth person I know. So please, before posting something negative make the effort to go to the next council meeting and talk with him, then you can post an honest opinion.

I would love to know how anyone NEEDS a hummer out of necessity?
Last edited by Chmmr on Oct 24th, 2008, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
concerncitizen

Post by concerncitizen »

Whether 'NEEDS' was the proper word to use or not the Hummer is not the issue here. What is the true purpose of your post? How is it relevant to the issue of being a good councilman? May I ask you if agree with anything in my post other than the Hummer issue?
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

concerncitizen wrote:Whether 'NEEDS' was the proper word to use or not the Hummer is not the issue here. What is the true purpose of your post? How is it relevant to the issue of being a good councilman? May I ask you if agree with anything in my post other than the Hummer issue?

Yes you definitely may :)
I am well aware that in any campaign there is mudslinging and the like. Trust me, while i may use the forums for a jumping off point for questions and concerns etc, it is far from my only source of info, and also i am well aware that going direct to the source is always the best place for info. That said, i have not been impressed with anything that i have seen of Mr Rathwell, and honestly he just rubs me the wrong way. That does not mean that i can not be swayed should i find some reason to believe that he is best for Kelowna.
People can be just as overexuberant and exaggerated in their support of a candidate, as can those that oppose them.
JKelowna

Post by JKelowna »

Question: Would you continue with the city‘s planned appeal of the Simpson covenant ruling?

JC Rathwell: I think the appeal should proceed. Downtown redevelopment has to go ahead, and this is an issue that needs to be reviewed.

Suuure.. he's got a Hummer so obviously he can afford to waste money.. as for the rest of us..
unbiased

Post by unbiased »

I for one would never vote for a person such as Mr. Rathwell . . . besides his hummer and his cars with the trunk thumping sound systems - he owns and rides a harley with loud, unrestricted exhaust pipes, with almost a certainty violate our bylaws.

With behavior like this, do you think he could ever represent the residents and neighbourhoods of Kelowna properly, I think not.

He is just another businessman serving his own self interests . . . a little too narcissistic for me. . . guess he has a lot in common with Mr. Blanleil
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

JKelowna wrote:Question: Would you continue with the city‘s planned appeal of the Simpson covenant ruling?

JC Rathwell: I think the appeal should proceed. Downtown redevelopment has to go ahead, and this is an issue that needs to be reviewed.

Suuure.. he's got a Hummer so obviously he can afford to waste money.. as for the rest of us..

and that's enough to clinch JC Rathwell a big fat NO vote from me.

Return to “Kelowna”