John Marshall - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

John Marshall - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

This thread is for John Marshall, council candidate.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: John Marshall - Council Candidate

Post by rekabis »

One of my best friends for many years. Real honest, blue-collar guy.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
orison

Post by orison »

I too have known John and his family for many years, going back to his Great Grandmother, Ruth Kraft. I believe him to be sincere, and willing to listen to listen to what the citizens of Kelowna are saying. I am proud to have him as a neighbour, and wish him success in the upcoming civic election. He has my support
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

I keep thinking i know his name for some reason, but can't put my finger on why. Does anyone know what kinds of things in the city he has been involved in etc?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

I've met John on a business level, and believe him to be a sincere guy. He's smart and a professional, with a "personable" side. I think he would listen our concerns. He has my support.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Timi
Fledgling

Post by Timi »

Don't know much about him yet. But, I was just at his webpage: http://www.electmarshall.com/
It doesn't list his experience, but it did mention that he was involved in the 2005 election. That may be why his name is familiar? Or he may have knocked on your door. His website advises that he has been going door to door to find out what Kelowna thinks...
stay real.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Hubby pointed out why i know the name- he is "Marshalls's feed lot". That is the smelly smelly place on Highway 97 (well was smelly, now an industrial park)
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Very funny.

No, he has no connection to that feed lot. Never did. Otherwise my parents would have gotten TONS of free fertilizer for their garden…

So, no. No link other than sharing the same last name. There *are* a lot of Marshall’s out there, you know. In fact, it is the 119th most common Surname in North America, last time I checked. And this is out of 10,000 Surnames.
GreyGoose
Fledgling

Post by GreyGoose »

JM has our 27 votes.
BGV666
Übergod

Post by BGV666 »

He is/was a Rotary member. His primary employment is home and business electronic security, he has been doing it for the last 6-7 years with a few different affiliations.
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.
GCLoulou

Post by GCLoulou »

BGV666 wrote:He is/was a Rotary member. His primary employment is home and business electronic security, he has been doing it for the last 6-7 years with a few different affiliations.

He was and still is a Jaycee
kokanutdad

Post by kokanutdad »

Simple question. Were you or are you in any way involved in the "Conservatory" project at Glenmore Rd and Summit Drive?
Kelowna, Born and Raised
Audentes fortuna juvat
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

kokanutdad wrote:Simple question. Were you or are you in any way involved in the "Conservatory" project at Glenmore Rd and Summit Drive?

No, he wasn’t. That was an entirely different Marshall family.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Please list 5 of your top priorities, and how you would deal with each issue if it were completely up to you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

mechanic_virus:

I don’t think John Marshall comes onto the Castanet forums. I do know he visited once, but he doesn’t even have an account. While a forum is an excellent place to get your name out, even I had to admit to him (when asked) that the same 20 people tend to dominate the majority of conversations here. There are a lot more lurkers than that, but he’s quite worried about having someone else start a flame war or start attacking him directly in an attempt to make him look bad. He’d just rather focus his attention on meeting people in person.

He’s also a very busy guy, and he’s been working his *bleep* off to make it onto council this term. AFAIK, he’s visiting with people on a daily basis, going door-to-door in order to understand what Kelowna residents feel are the important issues, and what they want their councillors to stand behind.

I will pass on these questions to him, and hopefully he’ll be able to answer them in a timely manner. I’ll post the results here when I get them back. If you want, please feel free to contact him in person. You can do it through his web site - http://www.electmarshall.com/.

Return to “Kelowna”