Judy Sentes - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Judy Sentes - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Judy Sentes, council candidate.
jenitsallgood

Re: Judy Sentes - Council Candidate

Post by jenitsallgood »

We could use a "doer" in council and not another spender! Good luck to you Judy!
Jenitsallgood
valleyman

Post by valleyman »

Cant we get people to run for council that dont do so only for their own benefit? What about someone with even a minor amount of political experience?
penticton23

Post by penticton23 »

valleyman wrote:Cant we get people to run for council that dont do so only for their own benefit?

If that is part of your criteria, then Judy Sentes fits it to a tee.

Judy has been a tireless volunteer for the community, invested thousands upon thousands of hours into Ironman Canada, all I think with no renumeration.
Judy has worked as the EO of OSNS for many years, she is paid to do this job, however given the amount of pay, the hours she puts in and her dedication, she could be classified as a volunteer.

Penticton should consider itself blessed to have a person such as Judy putting her name forward for council.
local4ever

Post by local4ever »

I truly believe that Judy would be an excellent choice for councillor. She is driven, not afraid to speak her mind and knows what she wants...AND she doesn't appear to have any business ties that she would benefit from, nor that would cause her to declare a conflict of interest and force her to leave the room at council meetings where certain issues are dicussed, should she win a seat on council. I have to question "some" (not all) Realtors, and business owners who may be running just to pad their own nest. Judy does NOT appear to fall into that category. She has my vote! :nyah:
captainc

Post by captainc »

I have heard that Judy has joined up with the OSRA slate - Judy - say it isn't so...
penticton23

Post by penticton23 »

captainc wrote:OSRA slate .

?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Divamom

Post by Divamom »

Has not, and will not be part of any slate. But, she has asked for an independent assessment before the auditorium is torn down. Seems reasonable.... I like many, don't know what the right and wrong is regarding that building. I do know that it is very unlikely that we will have the money available to build a NEW performing arts centre, so let's be very sure we know what we're doing before we tear the old one down.
penticton23

Post by penticton23 »

ferri wrote:here you go penticton23 :)

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... search.htm

Thank you.

If my memory serves me correctly, Elvena Slump and/or her husband, have been trying to get the Fed Govt to change a meal allowance law, their lawyer is Tom Johnston.
judysentes

Post by judysentes »

Building a community's capacity is essential to the well being of the community itself and is truly a mandate for the elected governance.

Many factors play a part in this process and key among them are:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Transparency
- Decision making strategies and protocols

You, the Electorate, will establish your choice of Mayor and Council to set the definition of the personalities creating the governance. Your expectation and indeed entitlement is to be treated with respect, truth and clarity as decisions are make which impact our community.

Municipal governance must be sensitive to the trust given them, remain approachable and willing to listen, safeguarding against singular agendas and strice for the well being of the whole. Diligence to the task with a spirit of cooperation and partnership, seeking positive resolution is key to decision making.

I have chosen to put my name forward as a candidate for Councillor for the City of Penticton because I believe in the opportunity of this community and offer my commitment to making it the best place to stay forever.

Economic Development and sustainability are challenging, new horizons need investigation and encouragement, partnerships with the arts and culture, sports, festivals and tourism need our support. The nucleus of our residents deserve our diligence in matters of their security and safety.

Your questions and concerns need answers that make sense, give assurance of due process and build confidence in your leadership.

I hope to be part of a team that will make a difference in taking our community forward in the next three years.

Voting is a privilege not to be taken for granted and indeed encouraged to be exercised. Strategize and empower your Vote by choosing those you believe and trust in. You are not required to vote for 6 candidates just because there are 6 vacancies - your ballot is valid if you choose only one or a few, but choose because you have confidence in them.

I remain available for your further discussion on my decision to be nominated for an elected position on Penticton's council through my website, http://www.judysentes.com or my cellular phone, (250) 462-JUDY (462-5839). In voting for me you have my assurance that I will represent you to the best of my ability with respect and dignity.
judysentes

Judy Sentes - Meet & Greet

Post by judysentes »

There will be a Meet & Greet for Judy Sentes tonight, Wednesday, November 12th from 5PM - 7PM at Theo's Restaurant. It's a great chance to meet Judy and ask any questions you might still have regarding her campaign. Election day is this coming Saturday, so come to Theo's Restaurant tonight and get to know the candidate who's working to "Let the Sunshine In."
jenitsallgood

CONGRATULATIONS JUDY!!!

Post by jenitsallgood »

I'm so very pleased to see a person of Ms. Sentes calibre on board for Council. I sincerely hope she does for Council what she has done for everything she has been involved with throughout Penticton.
Here's to REAL change! :-)
Jenitsallgood

Return to “Penticton”