The future of the municipal district of Westbank

inquisitive
Fledgling

The future of the municipal district of Westbank

Post by inquisitive »

It is within our power as voters to steer our municipal district into a glorious future, and that future starts tomorrow.
Before we even cast our votes, having read these posts on various related topics, it is quite evident that quite a few of "us" who utilise Castanet, will never, ever, unless lightning strikes, make a move to resolve our differences, given the stances adopted at this time.
So, let us start to concentrate on those others, who obviously read our posts but choose not to respond, but who might, just might, be pursuaded to add their thoughts if we move to a much brighter and positive subject.
I invite them, those who have remained silent, perhaps because of acrimony which is prevalent so much of the time here, to join in with their views as to the candidates for office, their views on the so-called platforms ( platitudes I call them in the main) that have been revealed to them, where their own thoughts and aspirations for the place in which they live differ, with regards to our future, and how they believe that other paths to success are feasible, in other words a divergence from these posts that seem to dwell too much on the past, rather than reveal to us some brilliant flashes of insight and intuition that would be far more meaningful and effective.
Let's hear from the silent majority, so that we all might achieve compromise where belligerence now prevails, and revive a dichotomy that displays brotherhood and sisterhood ( isn't that what our local historians emphasised? ) rather than animosity and entrenched, immobile, mind-freeze over otherwise resolvable issues.
Duuugh?
inquisitive
Fledgling

Re: The future of the municipal district of Westbank

Post by inquisitive »

I stand corrected in my post's heading - a senior moment, if I can be excused? I did intend to correctly describe " The municipal district of Westside" - not a Freudian slip, I assure you.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

I agree....I think when you have a topic that is utilized by some pretty dominate characters, it is intimidating to try to join the fray.
But my advice is to look at whose posts you agree with the most and try to post in response to them, letting them know they have an ally.
And if people start to attack the newbies, most often others will stand up just as strong to defend that poster. And just ignore the disturbers....
You may not be answered on your first or couple posts because people don't know you, but hang in there, we need more people to offer their opinions and visions.
timeout4u

Post by timeout4u »

The future of the municipal district of Westbank has come to a crashing halt! I ask myself over and over and over again "Why, when just a year ago the majority vote was to not align itself with Kelowna, did the majority vote to align with Kelowna?" That is exactly what choosing the name District of West Kelowna did. Residents had the extremely rare opportunity to choose an identity for themselves and instead chose the identity of a neighboring city. How disappointing. They chose to discard a name that has been around for over 100 years (longer than Kelowna, by the way). As a point of interest, not too long ago, Kelowna was not very well known. Even now, Peachland, Penticton and Summerland are all rated more well known than Kelowna. Kelowna made itself known through marketing that focused on places such as Big White, Mission Hill Winery, Silver Star and Grey Monk (notice that none of these are actually in Kelowna?)!
Personally, I am glad I am leaving this district. Good bye and good luck.

Return to “Westside”