Jim Edgson - Regional Director West

Jo
Slot 16

Jim Edgson - Regional Director West

Post by Jo »

A thread for Jim Edgson, regional director candidate.
Bartlett

Re: Jim Edgson - Regional Director West

Post by Bartlett »

It is extremely disappointing that the voters of North Westside will not have an opportunity to have an All Candidates meeting as Jim Edgson has refused to engage in one. Our democratic right gives us the ability to question our candidtaes as they run for their elected positions. If Jim Edgson will not present himself to us, I encourage you to ask him questions. :ohmygod:
NWSIDER

Post by NWSIDER »

Mr Edgson has had many meeting with people that have asked him into their home to ask them the questions that they have for him. He has no problem answering the question that you have for him. Plus I would not want to put myself thought the staged question that Mr Robertson clearly suggested to his supporters. Most of the the questions were so off topic that it just wasted our time. I suggest that if you have question contact him and set up a meeting in your home and have your question answered.
varmint

Post by varmint »

To Jim Edgson;
I noticed on October 27 meeting Mr.Edgson voted for a variance for Lake Okanagan Resort which will in fact have the effect of saving LOR hundreds of thousands of dollars in property taxes. According to Mr. Edgson's own campaign contribution report from the last election LOR was one of his largest contributors along with La Casa. La Casa by the way on October 27 meeting was granted 7 hectares of crown land for a transfer site which will be leased back to Regional District.
When do we get some tax relief and free land Jim?
Varmint
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

I would beg to differ NWSIDER. Jim Edgson having one on one meetings in people homes, whom he knows support him, is not supporting to all Constituents of this area. He does not hold public information meetings because he knows he is likely to encounter opposition which is unfortunate. As an elected official, he should be facing the tough questions because he may learn that there is more opposition than there is support. But if he is only seeing people he knows support him, he is only getting one side and typically the side HE supports.

Elected offcials are supposed to represent all constituents of an area...not a select few. I have asked Jim Edgson to attend public meetings and he has refused. He has also refused to answer questions I have put forward to him.

I have personally attended the RDCO monthly meetings and I have grave concerns as I watch our Regional Director Jim Edgson raise his hand as often as possible in an effort to get his name in the meeting minutes as a motioner or seconder verses the elected offical we need that will ask the tough questions and challenge some of the decisions being made in the Central Okanagan West.
cybergal
Board Meister

Post by cybergal »

meeting in your home

:ohmygod: You must be nuts!! We couldn't get that many people in anyone's home LOL!! And if we did the building inspector would show up immediately after to inform us we would have to rebuild the roof caused from it raising sky high from all the yelling LOL!!! :dyinglaughing:
cybergal
Board Meister

Post by cybergal »

On the money subject

:ohmygod: 2 1/2 million dollar surplus in these garbage disposal accounts over the years at Regional District of Central Okanagan. This info came from asking through the freedom of information act.

http://www.okanaganlakebc.com/community ... _02-08.htm
cybergal
Board Meister

Post by cybergal »

Bartlett wrote:Elected offcials are supposed to represent all constituents of an area...not a select few.

:ohmygod: I feel the same way as Dave Robertson does when he says, "I ran for Director last year because I was dismayed about the silent majority being allowed no voice in Community affairs."
http://www.rocdoc.ca/platform.html

I attended the all candidates forum at Killiney Beach last year and there were many there who were dismayed with Jim Edgson, which I was one of them. I suspect that is why Jim Edgson refuses to have an all candidates forum with Dave Robertson at Killiney Beach Hall this Nov 2008 election. Dave and Jim are each having their own candidates forum separately.

I feel the reason why many in the Killiney Beach area are dismayed with Jim Edgson is because he strongly supports the North Westside Communities Association who claim to be our defacto government. A letter posted to the local bulletin board late last year by Ian and Eileen Kilpatrick (Ian is now President o the association) stated there were 375 plus members of the North Westside Communities Association, but there are approx. 2000 residents of the Killiney Beach area that the Communities Association makes decisions for. I as a resident feel ignored and feel this has gone on long enough. We don't need dicatorship.

:ohmygod: If you count the Nov 2007 election votes just at the Killiney Beach voting station, Dave Robertson would have won. Its time to :bump: Edgson out in my eyes! I don't know who would vote for him unless they were from the South. During the 2007 election in the South is where Jim Edgson's support previously lay ... farthest from where Jim is well known and where he resides. The people in Jim Edgson's home area know who to vote for. I encourage you to vote for Dave Robertson this time instead, and you just may see a change for the better! :sunshine:
Last edited by cybergal on Nov 14th, 2008, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

Thanks for your comments.
I have been spending a great deal of time researching the ethical requirements a Regional Director must adhere to. Interesting to some degree but it gives me another angle to work from. If our current Regional Director will not participate in an All Candidates Forum, not answer platform questions, then it is imperative the appropriate steps are taken to report his behaviour and I encourage all of you to do that same thing.

You are correct that both Jim Edgson and Dave Robertson are having separate forums. NWsider mentioned that an All Candidates Forum would be a "waste of our time" referring to themselves, I'm sure. However, NWsider as Jim Edgson campaign manager, you should be more worried about wasting the voters time with 2 separate meetings outside of the one Dave Robertson will be having. In addition, the fact that you have not posted notices or advised the residents of the northern part of Central OKanagan West is alarming. It clearly shows Jim Edgson's lack of respect, lack of interest and the lack of concern he has for anyone he perceives he will have a conflict with.

I encourage all of you in the Central Okanagan West to ask Jim Edgson questions about his platform. Post his reponses here for or against...it doesn't matter. If Jim Edgson will not speak up, then we can certainly do it for him.

Anyone asked him a question that you actually got a solid response on??

Let's start with the simple ones:
1) JIm Edgson - do you support the North westside fire department purchasing a fire boat? Please explain your answer!

A nice easy one for you Jim....we are waiting???????? :runforlife:
cybergal
Board Meister

Post by cybergal »

"varmint"
I noticed on October 27 meeting Mr.Edgson voted for a variance for Lake Okanagan Resort which will in fact have the effect of saving LOR hundreds of thousands of dollars in property taxes. According to Mr. Edgson's own campaign contribution report from the last election LOR was one of his largest contributors along with La Casa.

I would call it a "legal form of TAX EVASION"!
Regional District of Central Okanagan Regional Board Agenda October 27, 2008
Item 6.7a Development Variance Permit VP-08-12 Lake Okanagan Resort.pdf
http://www.regionaldistrict.com/docs/boards_committees/agnd/2008%20Agendas/08_10_27/Item%206.7a%20Development%20Variance%20Permit%20VP-08-12%20Lake%20Okanagan%20Resort.pdf
sheltiepup
Fledgling

Post by sheltiepup »

Excuse me folks...since when does a candidate host an 'all candidates meeting'? An all candidates meeting is supposed to be hosted by a non-biased, independant group or organization so that any and 'all' candidates are given a fair and equal treatment. When no true 'all candidates' meeting is held, i would guess that individual candidates would then be responsible for meeting with possible voters, however they choose. If they wish to host an open house, then I wouldn't be upset that another candidate doesn't want to attend.
Anyway, I commend anyone who lets their name stand for public office and puts themselves before the voters. At least they are doing something publically and not just sitting on their duff complaining!
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

Sheltiepup....

Thanks for your post but I think you are confused! No one is suggesting that Jim Edgson actually put on the All Candidates meeting himself...we just want him to agree to ATTEND an All Candidates meeting and he has refused time and time again stating it is a waste of time!!!!

I would agree that an All Candidates meeting should be hosted by a "non-biased, independant group or organization so that any and 'all' candidates are given a fair and equal treatment", but that is not the case in this area. Last year there was an All Candidates meeting for the Regional Directors and it was hosted by the North Westside Communities Association. Jim Edgson is a long standing, well affiliated member of this organization which clearly makes the North Westside Communities Association a group that is biased.

Jim Edgson has held meetings the last two nights and neither of them were advertised. If you are not on the mailing list...you find out about these meetings simply by chance. If a candidate is refusing to meet in an All Candidates meetings, is also refusing to answer questions via email, and does not advertise his "public" meetings....what other options would you suggest voters have to obtain information from that candidate???

I too, commend anyone who stands up, puts their name forward and tries to run for public office. However, I expect that candidate to be willing to answer challenging questions and represent themself publically. As for sitting on my duff...you make assumptions that are simply not true nor justified!
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

T'was the night before the election and all through the Central Okanagan West....not a creature was stirring not even......Jim Edgson......

Still waiting on your response to questions Mr. Edgson and less than 24 hours until the polls open. Would it be unreasonable of me to think that someone running for a tax paid position would need to respond to a voter's inquiries???? Hmmmm..apparently so!

With the questions I have...you may not want to get yourself elected! I'll be watching the polls closely...right at the polling stations in fact. :digging:

Thanks for running Mr. Edgson...just throwing your hat in the ring deserves a thanks...just wish you would had hit the ball when you stepped up to bat!
cybergal
Board Meister

Post by cybergal »

Jam Edgson doesn't reply to my emails either ... and just as one last test ... I sent Jam an email a few days ago to let him know that someone on Castanet.net forum had a question for him. Honestly, I didn't think Jam would answer your question, but it was worth one last try before election day. Hopefully this will be the last time we will ever need to try again. :hailjo: :dyinglaughing: :sillygrin: :dyinglaughing: :sunshine:
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

The voters of Central Okanagan West (the few that actually went to the polls) have spoken and sadly we are stuck with Jim Edgson for three years. Here come my questions Mr. Edgson....hold on to your seat because as an elected official, you will be required to respond. This time there will be no hiding as you did during this campaign!

Return to “Central Okanagan Regional District”