Westside All Candidates Forum

brightstar
Fledgling

Westside All Candidates Forum

Post by brightstar »

Can someone confirm when/where the Westside All Candidates Forum is being held?
sheltiepup
Fledgling

Re: Westside All Candidates Forum

Post by sheltiepup »

I believe CBC Radio Daybreak and the Capital News are sponsoring a forum on Tuesday, October 28th at Westbank Lions Community Hall on Main Street in Westbank (above the current District of Westside Municipal Office). Runs from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaksouth/
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

I just saw an ad in the Westside Weekly on page 8, top left corner, that there is another All Candidates Forum on Monday November 3rd at 7 pm at the Daimler Church, across from CNB. All candidates will be there except for Findlater. Moderator will be John McDonald. "Put the candidates under a spotlight"!
Apparently, you can submit questions directly to candidates.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

So, why won't Findlater be there?
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

Apparently he has some other meeting he has to be at. Could be interesting to see the other four without their ringleader.
:skippingsheep:
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

Another meeting to be at? I'm sorry but doesn't this guy want to be Mayor? Isn't this kind of important? Hmmm....seems a bit suspicious to me...perhaps he can't control the organizers of this forum and he's scared.
Sodapop

Post by Sodapop »

chrschar.... Do you actually think before you let things spill out of your mind ? It shouldn't suprise me coming from one of the "Flunky Four" (Bestside, hereiamagain and parachute). You are all like broken records that skip. For your cause, I can only hope people with listen to the others who support your opinion because you certainly know how to put peole off (I'm talking about those you wish to inform or sway not those you already have). I hope that one day you all will run for office. Now that would be fun to watch. Imagine the decisions, the transparency....Imagine the posts...oh yeah. Most are from you. Nevermind
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

sodapop....As a voting citizen, do I not have the right to ask WHY Mr. Findlater won't be present this evening??
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Here are people spinning out again with incomplete information. Doug Findlater is one of the two Westside directors on the regional board. He is chosen by our council to represent us on regional board, and the issue tonight is a public hearing by the regional board into a zoning bylaw that will allow the regional board to better regulate watershed lots if the province sells them to leaseholders. Rosalind Neis is the other regional board member for Westside. You would think she'd also be at the regional public hearing tonight, no?
Last edited by occasional thoughts on Nov 3rd, 2008, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sodapop

Post by Sodapop »

*removed/Jo*

Thanks for clarifying Rob.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Sodapop wrote:chrschar.... Do you actually think before you let things spill out of your mind ? It shouldn't suprise me coming from one of the "Flunky Four" (Bestside, hereiamagain and parachute). You are all like broken records that skip. For your cause, I can only hope people with listen to the others who support your opinion because you certainly know how to put peole off (I'm talking about those you wish to inform or sway not those you already have). I hope that one day you all will run for office. Now that would be fun to watch. Imagine the decisions, the transparency....Imagine the posts...oh yeah. Most are from you. Nevermind

Hmmmm that would be interesting... would we be doing performance reviews? Or are you just upset because of the "Fab Five" handle? Personally I don't agree with that characterization BTW... :)
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum

Return to “Westside”