Carol Zanon - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Carol Zanon - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Carol Zanon, council candidate.
GlenCanyon

Re: Carol Zanon - Council Candidate

Post by GlenCanyon »

At last night's debate I like so many others appluading your direct answer to which name you will choose. You clearly demostrated you will take your lead from the voters. Nice job.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Talked to you after the meeting. Nice to know you are a nice in person as you seem from a distance. Excellent answer, very imformative and well thought out. Got my vote.
bear11

Post by bear11 »

I was at the meeting at Westbank and Zanon DID NOT answer the issue and was very rude -refused to answer the question. Who does she think she is? Her reign is going to be over. An indication into her attitude and how she behaved in council this past year. She will not get my vote.
waterskirick

Post by waterskirick »

I've sent this to all candidates. A yes or no answer will do.

I'd like to vote for someone with a little spine. Our mayor has stated (unlike all other cadidates) that she will only support a new name that has shown more than 50% support from the whole community. A new name will not help unify us if it only has 30% or 35% support. We need a majority, and if we don't get that, then some kind of run off until we do.

So far I have only one candidate to vote for, Neis for councillor. I'll vote for others only if they show leadership and commit to a 50 + 1% requirement for a new name. Will you commit to this?
p2malone

Post by p2malone »

Hello, I am undecided about which candidates to vote for in the upcoming election, so I am sending out a question for all. We have lived here just a short time (8 months) and my family and I are horrified with the amount of crime and drugs that Kelowna /Westside has. Both places are getting a very bad reputation for high criminal activity and I strongly believe that something needs to be done about it. The name of the Westside does not have very much importance when the world is referring to it as Crack Alley, Drug City, Meth. Meadows, etc...... These are just a few names that I have heard in other provinces, when referring to Kelowna and the Westside. My question.......if you are voted in will you support a increase in policing? Thank you in advance.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Do your homework when considering voting for Carol Zanon.

Capital News writer Judie Steeves asked Zanon the question "Should parkland be open to future development?" Zanon responded "It could be open for housing the homeless or accessible housing or trading for another piece". Zanon must be set on that position as Steeves also wrote that Zanon "sat firmly on the fence on most of the questions".

Steeves wrote "In my mind, once designated as parkland, parks have to remain parks, or we may as well not bother ever setting aside land for parks".

I agree with Steeves. Zanon lost my vote with that revelation. Zanon's idea is totally absurd. Scoop our parkland? Trade it to a builder? What a slippery slope that would be. Time for Zanon to retire.
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
elendil

Post by elendil »

Bestside wrote:Zanon failed the test big time - To Cap News Judie Steeves question "Should parkland be open to future development?" Zanon responded "It could be open for housing the homeless or accessible housing or trading for another piece".
Steeves wrote "In my mind, once designated as parkland, parks have to remain parks, or we may as well not bother ever setting aside land for parks". Zanon must be set on that position as Steeves also wrote that Zanon "sat firmly on the fence on most of the questions".
Zanon lost my vote with that. Zanon's idea is totally absurd. Scoop our parkland? Trade it to a builder? What a slippery slope that would be. Time for Zanon to retire.

At last week's forum, someone asked Zanon for her views on development control. In her response she waffled on about sustainability and LEED, completely missing the question asked. Planning and development control (e.g. zoning, etc) is a key aspect of a municipal council's function and when an incumbent has as poor a grasp of this subject as Councillor Zanon obviously has she clearly has no place on council.

Return to “Westside”