Perry Mack - Council Candidate

perrymack

5 Top Muicipal Issues

Post by perrymack »

Top 5 Municipal Issues

I want to answer your question as directly as possible. Keep in mind, that in dealing with issues we (you and I and the rest of the residents of Kelowna) have finite resources (we can’t go on a spending spree with dollars we don’t have). And the most fiscally responsible way to govern is to reach your objectives by taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. For instance, I may feel that having better bus transit is a higher priority than bicycle/pedestrian paths, but if we had a short window of opportunity to cheaply negotiate the right of way along railway tracks and invest here, the paths become the priority.
The issues I have chosen aren’t necessarily the ones I personally value the highest but they are the issues where I feel my education, experience and existing contacts in business and government have the greatest chance for success. I don’t think your question was what would I do in the role of Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty.

Philosophically, I believe we should always be weighing, the ways and means of doing the most good for the most people, taking into account the social as well financial long term costs and benefits. That’s enough preamble, here’s the meat and potatoes.

Top 5 Municipal Issues - Kelowna as a model of sustainability
1. Improved transit

During our upcoming OCP review, I would like to see higher densities planned near our major arterial routes and within our town centres. I would also push to see improved transit service including rapid transit (dedicated HOV lanes, etc.) and more express routes between town centres. When we have a great transit system (where transit is faster, and easier than using a car) proximity to transit becomes an important selling feature in a development and results in increased transit oriented development and transit use. I also feel a marketing campaign (this doesn’t have to cost a lot) to encourage transit use by changing people’s habits would be a priority.

2. More affordable housing

I've heard the term 'affordable housing' from numerous people used to describe completely different philosophies including everything from subsidized assisted living for the homeless up to housing which addresses working families. For me, this is the definition I use for affordable housing;

CMHC has defined “Affordable Housing” as: housing, a residence, a place to live, that is spacious enough by some minimum standard of SF per capita, includes an essential package of amenities (kitchen, bath, bed and common living spaces) and a basic package of utilities (heat, hydro, water) that people earning a total family income which is average for the community, can live in and it will cost them no more than approximately 1/3 of their total, family, gross, annual income.

Right up until grade 10, I grew up very happily in a family of four living in a two bedroom apartment with both parents working and roughly 800SF of living space.

If we take an average total two-income family gross annual income of $60,000, this definition of affordable housing would allow for a maximum of $20,000 per year or approximately $1,600 per month for housing and related utilities. Housing, as described in the above example, can be supplied by the marketplace in the form of rental townhome/condo or possibly single family units.

With respect to how this can be achieved;
I feel secondary suites are a good form of affordable accommodation in neighbourhoods where we would like to see densification. As long as the proper inspections are done and bylaws are adhered to no rezoning should be required. This should be something that City staff can sign off on.

Density-bonusing for developers by making payments into an affordable housing fund and/or committing to building permanent affordable housing in their development (whichever generates the most affordable housing, taking into consideration we want mixed use neighbourhoods and don't want development charges so high they drive up the price of all housing or halt development in Kelowna and drive it into neighbouring cities or continue the urban sprawl in rural areas).

3. Support for Green Building practices The City should take a leadership role in becoming more sustainable. It is important that the City have a good understanding of the merits and the cost of the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) components and asking it of themselves is a good way to learn. However LEED is certainly not the only rating system they should consider. While LEED is becoming one of the most well known rating systems, its weaknesses were one of the reasons UBC developed their own sustainability standards for their buildings. In fact, one of the weaknesses of LEED is its inflexibility in some circumstances. I would require the city to meet a reasonable rating level for their buildings including any one of the three systems, Built Green (Canadian Home Builders Association designed for single to multi family units), LEED, or Green Globe (developed initially for resorts). The City needs to use taxpayers’ money wisely and while energy efficiency has to be top of mind their decisions have to make good economic sense as well. My understanding is that a LEED certification can cost $100,000 or more which means it may not make sense for smaller buildings. In addition, Built Green and Green Globe are more user friendly an easier to understand standards which would increase the adoption by smaller builders.
Support the creation of the Sustainability Advisor position. With City Staff as busy as they are and to my knowledge with no one dedicated to being a resource/liaison person in the area of sustainability, this advisor could be very helpful to both City/Regional staff and the development industry. I believe it would be very helpful if there was someone easily accessible who was up to date on this issue so everyone to get more educated in this regard.

4. Boost Tourism – especially signature events and athletic tourism

As a director with the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce and an appointee to the board of Tourism Kelowna I know Kelowna needs a host of signature events in order to support a healthy tourism industry. This industry generates roughly $346 million in spending per year to Kelowna, almost 7,000 direct jobs and roughly $91 million in tax revenues which goes to supporting education, healthcare, transportation infrastructure etc. ‘Beaches and Peaches’ may have sustained us in the past but in this globally competitive market place our scenery gives us an advantage but it does not make a complete destination package.
The city should have on staff or assign a current entity like to Tourism Kelowna to have a City Event Coordinator position. This individual will be familiar with the requirements of hosting and building, successful long term events. This person or organization should be able to;
a. assess the value of an event to the city
b. be familiar with all the cities policies which address policing, parking, hours of operation, location etc.
c. provide information on local resources
d. work to attract and encourage the type of popular events our tourism sector needs

When local, national and international event organizers know we are open for business with predefined criteria, reduced red tape and plenty of local resources, they will come.
The side benefit of encouraging these types of events is it often leads to, or begins with, building sport facilities that we, as residents of Kelowna can use. These sport facilities can be self-sustaining by raising funds through event hosting.

5. Help Kelowna create and build a green technology industry

I will work to improve the quality of life in Kelowna to make it a very desirable place for workers to relocate. One of the keys to any successful industry is a qualified workforce.
a. More public green spaces
b. Reduce the need to commute
c. Improve cycle and pedestrian walkways
d. Improve and expand arts and culture
e. More athletic facilities with greater ease of use paid for through improved athletic tourism development
f. Enhance the cooperation between the university and business to produce more graduates in green technology who will want to stay and live here.
g. Further assist the Economic Development Commission and the Okanagan Environmental Industry Alliance
h. Create a commercial ‘green zone’ with zoning bylaws that provide the infrastructure (stable power, communications, tax incentives, transit service, proximity to the university and airport, reduced red tape) to encourage green industries to locate here.
i. Work more closely with the federal and provincial governments to share the costs of attracting these desirable industries.

So there’s my answer, hopefully there’s enough substance although I realize there’s a bit of rhetoric. I’ve put answers to a few of the many questionnaires on my web site to give you my thoughts and plans on other issues. Please feel free to send your comments and questions personally via email as well.
"I'd be honoured to be your hardest working councilor."
Perry Mack
www.perrymack.com
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Re: Perry Mack - Council Candidate

Post by mechanic_virus »

Thank you, Perry.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
SAH

Post by SAH »

In reference to your 5 topics of importance:

1. You say that you would like to see "a marketing campaign (this doesn’t have to cost a lot) to encourage transit use by changing people’s habits would be a priority." Are you willing to de-insure your family vehicle(s) and ride the public transit system to model your dedication to this cause?

2. You state that you wish to "improve and expand" the arts in Kelowna. Kelowna is known for already having a very large and vibrant arts & cultural arena, including the downtown Cultural District, the Rotary Centre for the Arts, the KAG (one of the top public Art Galleries in Canada), Ballet Kelowna, Theatre Kelowna, many private Galleries, etc just to name a few. Kelowna is not large enough to sustain and support the tremendous amount of arts already available in this town. What are you wishing to improve? Are you a member and avid supporter/frequenter of ALL the arts and cultural organizations in Kelowna? I am curious as to how you will expand on what is already a large aspect of this small town.

3. You will "reduce the need to commute"? What exactly does that mean? People live in homes. People go to work. People go to school How can the NEED to commute be reduced? I am interested. It sounds excellent in theory. But exactly how would you go about making this happen?

4. Where are you planning to find the "more public green spaces" you promise? It sounds fantastic in theory. But what is the reality? I think everyone would hope for this, but is it viable to make it happen? And how will you make it happen?

5. It sounds nice in theory to work closely with the university to "produce more graduates in green technology who will want to stay and live here." as you stated. But again, how will you do this? Who at the university will you work with? Students are just people. How will you, yourself, convince people who come from all over to attend university, to study in the area of "green" as you say? And who will make all of these jobs to support these people in staying here? Kelowna is already suffering for lack of competent employees in the jobs already available in this small town. What will these new jobs be?

6. Where do you plan to house the facilities you promise: "More athletic facilities with greater ease of use paid for through improved athletic tourism development"? We are not a large city, and yet we already have numerous athletic facilities. Where will you put the others you promise. And whom will be your target market for these facilities?

7. You will work to create events to promote tourism. What types of events, beside the usual? The Beerfest did not seem to be aimed at tourism, in the professional sense. It was held in the local curling rink, set up like a beer hall, and put people on the street, in cars and straight to the bars after they had spent hours drinking. This is the reality. How different was this event than the local house parties, with the exception of the size of it? Was it really to attract tourism? Most who attended were the locals. Unless you call those coming from the west side, Vernon and Penticton, tourists.

It is one thing to make hopeful promises, as we see with all politicians. But what is your concrete means to make these promises come to fruition?
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Post by nellietheelephant »

SAH wrote:In reference to your 5 topics of importance:

1. You say that you would like to see "a marketing campaign (this doesn’t have to cost a lot) to encourage transit use by changing people’s habits would be a priority." Are you willing to de-insure your family vehicle(s) and ride the public transit system to model your dedication to this cause?

2. You state that you wish to "improve and expand" the arts in Kelowna. Kelowna is known for already having a very large and vibrant arts & cultural arena, including the downtown Cultural District, the Rotary Centre for the Arts, the KAG (one of the top public Art Galleries in Canada), Ballet Kelowna, Theatre Kelowna, many private Galleries, etc just to name a few. Kelowna is not large enough to sustain and support the tremendous amount of arts already available in this town. What are you wishing to improve? Are you a member and avid supporter/frequenter of ALL the arts and cultural organizations in Kelowna? I am curious as to how you will expand on what is already a large aspect of this small town.

3. You will "reduce the need to commute"? What exactly does that mean? People live in homes. People go to work. People go to school How can the NEED to commute be reduced? I am interested. It sounds excellent in theory. But exactly how would you go about making this happen?

4. Where are you planning to find the "more public green spaces" you promise? It sounds fantastic in theory. But what is the reality? I think everyone would hope for this, but is it viable to make it happen? And how will you make it happen?

5. It sounds nice in theory to work closely with the university to "produce more graduates in green technology who will want to stay and live here." as you stated. But again, how will you do this? Who at the university will you work with? Students are just people. How will you, yourself, convince people who come from all over to attend university, to study in the area of "green" as you say? And who will make all of these jobs to support these people in staying here? Kelowna is already suffering for lack of competent employees in the jobs already available in this small town. What will these new jobs be?

6. Where do you plan to house the facilities you promise: "More athletic facilities with greater ease of use paid for through improved athletic tourism development"? We are not a large city, and yet we already have numerous athletic facilities. Where will you put the others you promise. And whom will be your target market for these facilities?

7. You will work to create events to promote tourism. What types of events, beside the usual? The Beerfest did not seem to be aimed at tourism, in the professional sense. It was held in the local curling rink, set up like a beer hall, and put people on the street, in cars and straight to the bars after they had spent hours drinking. This is the reality. How different was this event than the local house parties, with the exception of the size of it? Was it really to attract tourism? Most who attended were the locals. Unless you call those coming from the west side, Vernon and Penticton, tourists.

It is one thing to make hopeful promises, as we see with all politicians. But what is your concrete means to make these promises come to fruition?

Well, - I have to say right upfront that I am not a big Perry Mack Fan - But the guy did take the time to answer all of these questions - he did it graciously and he did it well.
He gets Brownie points for that. So for that, please cut him some slack. Did you notice that all of the candidates were asked the same questions and most of them didn't bother to respond? Perry is running a good campaign. I ain't voting for him (our views and goals are too different) but I can still recognize and appreciate a pro when I see one. So he has my utmost respect. I wish him well and hope that he comes in number nine :):):):):)
(For the humour impaired, that was :):):):):):) )
Nellie
SAH

Post by SAH »

I was just asking Mr.Mack some legitimate questions. Isn't that what this forum is for? Why have a forum if not to ask pertinent questions? We need to get down to the nitty gritty and make the most informed voter decision.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Thank you for adding the follow up questions, SAH. I encourage you to respond to other candidates' answers as well, if you find the time. The better educated we are going into the voting booth, the less surprise and disappointment we will feel a year after making our decisions.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
perrymack

Post by perrymack »

Hi SAH,

Thanks for your questions. I understand your concern.

When I can get to work in less than an hour, I'll use transit as I have done in other cities I've lived in. And so will many others. I like being driven to work. De-insure the family vehicle - no. I still need a vehicle for much of the work and volunteering I do. Better transit isn't a 'cause', it is task that needs attention.

2. You state that you wish to "improve and expand" the arts in Kelowna.
Am I an avid supporter/frequenter of all - no. Like most people, I attend what I enjoy or think I might enjoy. And often there are great events that are poorly attended. You state "Kelowna is not large enough to sustain and support the tremendous amount of arts already available". I disagree. I don't think it's a question of population but opportunity and awareness.

3. You will "reduce the need to commute"
You reduce the need to commute by building complete communities which should be a priority in the next OCP review. A complete community has a mixed use of residential housing, commercial space and schools. Where the opportunity to work, shop and play doesn’t require driving. Glenmore Valley and Pandosy by the Lake area are good examples, Crawford Estates is not. Downtown after the CD21 will be a great example (with the exception of schools). Will everyone want to live there? No, but this type of neighbourhood is a desirable lifestyle for a lot of us.

4. Where are you planning to find the "more public green spaces"
Rutland will be my first priority where the city currently has a plan to turn Mara lumber up to AG Superstore into a park. However, I feel that Rutland isn’t being given the attention it deserves nor is the process fair for all the stakeholders involved. The city can and does create more green spaces by buying land when it comes up for sale. It decides on which pieces of land by planning for parks in the OCP and subsequent amendments. It’s also achieved through the institution of a comprehensive development plan. In this strategy, which was used downtown, developers need to purchase a number of parcels of land and dedicate a portion to green/public space. In this way I understand that downtown will have 10,000 sq meters of public/green space than it has now. I would like to see Rutland benefit from this type review. It won’t be a rubber stamp of downtown, but Rutland has great potential with its proximity to the university, the airport and a well diversified commercial core.

5. "produce more graduates in green technology who will want to stay and live here."
I grew up in Waterloo, ON when it was roughly the size that Kelowna is now. At that time, the city invested in creating a Information Technology zone around the university to encourage that type of industry to locate or relocate there. The university benefited by receiving funding from industry for math and computer sciences. Industry subsequently benefited from research by working with the university and students had jobs when they graduated. RIM is one of their great success stories.
It won’t happen quickly, it takes years. I won’t achieve it alone. But I do have relationships within the business community and the university to start and I’m willing to put the effort in. It can be done.
Sadly, I believe you’re out of sync with the status of the current labour pool, current economic conditions are putting more and more people out of work and on the job market. It started with the construction industry, now real estate and it will filter throughout our local economy.

6. "More athletic facilities with greater ease of use paid for through improved athletic tourism development"
In speaking with ball tournament organizers there still aren’t enough ball diamonds, try to find an unused soccer field on a summer Saturday, I know people who play hockey at 1am because they can’t get ice time, the Glenmore residents association says they haven’t enough recreational facilities so to suggest that we have enough “We are not a large city, and yet we already have numerous athletic facilities” is in conflict with what I see and hear from residents. Where does the land come from and where is it? It is part of the green/public spaces we acquire through proper planning and densification of our town centres and arterial routes. Who is the target for these facilities - the residents of Kelowna who use them. How will we pay for them – by facilitating local sport organizations with hosting provincial, national and international events.

7. You will work to create events to promote tourism.
Music festivals, art festivals, business seminars, conventions, let’s do more of the ‘usual’. We can benefit from hosting more signature events as many smaller communities seem to do so successfully (Salmon Arm Roots and Blues, Merritt Mountain Music festival, Stratford Shakespeare Festival etc.) as well as creating athletic tourism events like a 150 km bicycle race around Okangan Lake whether it’s competitive or a recreation fundraising event.

The Kelowna Beer Festival had its inaugural year and it obviously wasn’t for you but a couple thousand guests from as far as Prince George and Vancouver had a great time. They didn’t all come just for the Kelowna Beer Festival. As they describe it ‘it was just one of the highlights of their trip’. Yes, it can it be enhanced and improved, every first sport, arts, culture etc. event can. It did get good exposure outside of Kelowna in the BC Beer Guide, Pacific Brew News and the Beer Advocate. Who knows where it could go, and it might not be by me.

Let me also say that while the one Beer Festival seems to get the dialogue in this forum, I have also been involved with creating three annual ‘Carvefest’’s – family skiing/snowboarding events at Crystal Mountain Resort, two annual ‘Wakebomb’s’ – family wakeboard events held long before Wakefest, four annual ‘Okanagan Winter Sport Shows’ to support the Canadian Ski Patrol, three annual ‘Cops for Kids’ bike rides to raise money for children in distress in the RCMP southeast district and numerous of other smaller events.

I hope that helps clarify some concerns. By nature I’m not a politician, I am not one to make empty promises.

Cheers,
Perry
Perry Mack
www.perrymack.com
barrymor

Post by barrymor »

I invited him to part of [email protected] Perry turned me down.

FROM THE PEN OF SHARON SHEPHERD
"I do support the concept of a raised viaduct from the bridge to Gordon (?), potentially establishing Highway 97 above Harvey Avenue, being considered by all levels of government as an option to a second crossing. During the upcoming year Kelowna is embarking on its transportation planning for the 2030 Official Community Plan and it would be an appropriate time to have this review. All levels of government and the communities impacted should consider a comprehensive evaluation of this as an option that would consider the financial impact, environment and social impacts, and the economic advantages and disadvantages."

IF Perry is elected, surely he will support the 12 other candidates who have registered support
Last edited by barrymor on Nov 12th, 2008, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAH

Post by SAH »

Thank you for your clarification Perry. I appreciate it.

In respect to the comment on the arts/culture in Kelowna. When you, Perry, state: "that you wish to "improve and expand" the arts in Kelowna. Am I an avid supporter/frequenter of all - no. Like most people, I attend what I enjoy or think I might enjoy..."

Perry, this is exactly what I meant in saying that Kelowna is not large enough to sustain the vast amount of events already held. The interest level and support is still not there in what is still a small town. Thus, many, many events and organizations are suffering because of the lack of people and support. There are excellent events and facilities. Therefore, when you said that you would like to expand upon the amount of arts/culture available in this town, it made no sense to me. When there is so much already going on that is not supported. Promote and get the support for what is already happening, before further expanding on it. However, I like your idea of music events. I have often been saddened that Kelowna does not host interesting music festivals and events as many other smaller towns do. Excellent idea Perry. Make it happen. We desperately need it. Promote the visual & perfomring arts at the same time as some smaller music festivals.

You have clarified what you meant. We need advocates to promote the arts/culture already available. People assume they are not interested, so they do not attend. What needs to happen is educating the public on the vast amount of arts/culture available. So that they do become interested. And therefore, do attend and support. The promotion and education is what needs to be expanded upon.

I like your views on promoting students to study in "green areas" and to work with the city to promote jobs for them upon graduation. I was wondering how you will do this, and you have clarified this for me as well. I am in full support of this and hope it can happen.

I, too, know people who play hockey at 1AM because they cannot get ice time. You are right. As well as with baseball diamonds. But most people also know that they call themselves "Beer Leagues" for fun, and a lot of these events involve drinking as much as they do playing the game. Perhaps giving a more serious "sports minded innuendo" to these smaller "clubs" would make the community take their needs for further facilities more seriously. Perhaps smaller rinks (community hall size) here and there throughout the community, rather than large structures such as Prospera and Capital One would be something to consider? I agree with what you are saying now. But I think changes need to be made to the attitude as well, so that the support from the community is there.

I also like your idea of breaking in to Rutland for green space, etc. Thank you for clarifying. We need more parks, and we need to utilize the land available and save it as park land. And stop so much of the "quick housing" that has been going up the last few years. More thought needs to be put in to all of our city planning and surrounding area.

You state: "Sadly, I believe you’re out of sync with the status of the current labour pool, current economic conditions are putting more and more people out of work and on the job market. It started with the construction industry, now real estate and it will filter throughout our local economy." ----- No, I am well aware of the current economic conditions, as well as the state of our job market and labour pool. I think most people are now. However, it is also public knowledge that many companies and businesses are finding it more and more difficult within Kelowna to find employees not only willing to work, but willing to do their best. There has been a real "slack attitude" by many the last several years, and it has been seen in a great deal of occupations within this town. Businesses crying out for "professional and competent" employees WISHING to work. Perhaps it's been because of the lack of interesting jobs for people, or the wages given. I am sure there are many reasons behind it. This was evidentual with the new bridge construction. I see many able bodied, mid-30 yr old men in this town who spend most of their time griping about their jobs, or griping because they are unemployed. Yet when it came to working as part of the bridge construction team, they were not interested because they didn't like the hours. They prefer to sit around together griping. Hence, employees were brought in from Jamaica who were willing and wanting to work. So many who complain in this town about the lack of jobs and their unemployment, are complaining because they are not willing to get off their butts and work the jobs that are available.

The Beer Fest has been acknowledged on this forum, I believe, because it was your latest venture that you spoke of on your website, etc. Most of the people from Vancouver/Prince George, etc (from what most saw) were 30/40 something year old friends of people in Kelowna coming up to drink and party as Kelowna is known for. They come up to do that every weekend, and if it's not someone's house, a bar, or someone's boat, then it's wherever else they can find to do it. Hence, the beerfest was right up their alley. I think a lot of people saw that with the beerfest. You know what weekends are about with people you know and their friends. It's everywhere here. Beer and partying is what Kelowna is about for a great deal of the culture living here. It's the reality. It would be nice to broaden, educate and change the mentality of many.

I would also suggest more dog parks. We are one of the least animal friendly cities in BC. Something should change in this manner. I know many, many people who are wishing for this. People keep talking about it, but nothing changes. We need change.

Thank you for your clarifications. Kelowna needs some spicing up and some change in attitude.
perrymack

Post by perrymack »

Thanks for all your feedback SAH. You raise some great points. For anyone in the forum, I apologize but the rest of this isn’t municipal politics, more personal blog. But perhaps it will be alright to take a short break.

Wow, you're right about the dog parks, I had forgotten. Our dog Hercules (British Bulldog) died four years ago and we still can't bring ourselves to get another dog (but usually a dog finds us). Herc loved the water, couldn't swim, big heart, big dog, small brain. Lots of time spent out at Cedar Creek Park...

Arts and Culture appreciation, I couldn’t begin to figure out the logistics but couldn’t every child in high school get to see at least one ballet, one symphony, one play, one art exhibit a year? Fill the dress rehearsals? There’s no substitute for a live performance. I love math and science but it will never make me laugh or cry. Something my father used to say, in respect to everything from reciting a poem to swinging a hammer was ‘mit gefüll’, German for ‘with feeling’.

Work ethics. I understand your point of view. I don’t have a definitive answer however I think managers need to accept a fair share of the responsibility. There will always be some who, either by nature or nurture, are harder workers.

I like sports analogies for business. If you can’t field a winning team you don’t fire all the players. I feel employees (actually all of us) need to be trained, motivated, thanked and share in the ownership, the success of our organization. So perhaps we need to train a generation of better managers and give our human resources people more respect.

Why don’t we teach a single semester first aid course at say grade 10 or 11? Imagine if every person in the city (country) could react and respond at a car accident, heart attack or stroke, choking, poisoning etc. If the Swiss can teach every person to fire a gun why can’t all Canadians be taught to save a life?

Once again I apologize for the diversion. I will be at the Rotary Centre for the Arts tomorrow from 5 to 7pm for a candidates meet and greet. I believe most of us will be there to answer your questions and hear your views.

Cheers,
Perry
Perry Mack
www.perrymack.com
SAH

Post by SAH »

Thank you for listening to our (the public's) questions and opinions, and for taking the time to post on "your" forum. It is refreshing and optimistic. You have added a human side.

You have brought some concrete content to your forum, which was otherwise acting as a sounding board for some to carry on competitive spats. (ie. You can't so shuttie; Perry Mack is our guy to get in there and change these knee knocking panzies like yourself; He is a friend of mine and I take offense to your comments which you are entitled to make.) Boorish posts like these are detrimental to the intelligence of your campaign, especially when acknowledging themselves as your "friend'. After all, we are the company we keep.

I am grateful that mechanic-virus asked you the question about your 5 specific areas, as he/she did other candidates. Your time in answering his/her question is what caught my attention to your campaign specifically. Good for you for stepping up.

Good luck.
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Castanet on your cellphones?

As I have said all along, Perry is extremely good at selling a product - and in this election he is the product.

Does anyone really believe that the Castanet on your Cellphone announcement wasn't timed to coincide with the elections? Not!

He is a great marketer - but I cannot support hin for council.

Nellie
perrymack

Post by perrymack »

Hi Nellie,

I respect your opinion. However I can't take credit for the Castanet announcement, my partner has been working with Castanet and programmers on both sides for 6 months to form the partnership and integrate the software. This group has worked very hard in a ground breaking technology and I applaud their achievements.
Perry Mack
www.perrymack.com
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

perrymack wrote:Hi Nellie,

I respect your opinion. However I can't take credit for the Castanet announcement, my partner has been working with Castanet and programmers on both sides for 6 months to form the partnership and integrate the software. This group has worked very hard in a ground breaking technology and I applaud their achievements.

Hey Perry

you are so good at what you do, you are starting to sway me!!! :)

I applaud you - i really do. Damn - you're good! Maybe you should get our vote.

And I do have to say,

your timing was bloody brilliant :):):) !!!

Yep - ya got my vote!

Nellie

Return to “Kelowna”