Gunnar Forsstrom - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Gunnar Forsstrom - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Gunnar Forsstrom, council candidate.
leroibrown

Re: Gunnar Forsstrom - Council Candidate

Post by leroibrown »

Can't take someone who is too lazy to release his campaign platform serious. I've heard some people who don't care for this guy too much. Maybe this is why. Doesn't list a website address. Just says My Website Address is: Seems like another Andre Blanliel type. Definitely not a front runner. Show some incentive Gunnar. You're not impressing me much.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Gunnar took the time to respond to my email, and did so relatively quickly. I liked his answer, and it didn't feel as "canned" as some of the others.

I like that some candidates do have websites, but I personally believe I get a better feel for a person from direct correspondence. It was after I perused several websites that I felt that I was watching a commercial, and had no real sense of the person behind the candidacy. I guess I was being lazy and hoping for easy answers. It took a little bit more time to start emailing them directly, but I am finding that the responses are changing how I will be voting.
I haven't failed until I quit.
carolynmcewen

Post by carolynmcewen »

Gunnar Forsstrom IS a front runner. He actually cares about the community, the people in it, and is a solid candidate. Good luck to you Gunnar!
leroibrown

Post by leroibrown »

FRONT RUNNER
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

I have known Gunnar a long time and he is neither arrogant or lazy. He is a guy who actually gives a damn about this place grows and progresses. He believe's that everyone should have their say whether or not they agree with him. I first met Gunnar back in the mid 1970's when he worked in the news department of CKOV, then above the old Toronto Bank.
If you want someone who will actually think before he votes for or against vote for him
gforsstrom

Post by gforsstrom »

Greetings Bloggers:
Thank you for your continued support. As for the lazy comment, I have been campaigning full-time for the past four months, knocked on more than 1500 doors and met with numerous coummunity organizatons. It takes more than a slick website to be a good councillor. I have posted my profile on this site if anyone is interested.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Please list 5 of your top priorities, and how you would deal with each issue if it were completely up to you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
gforsstrom

Post by gforsstrom »

Hi Mechanic:
Thank you for your posting. I feel my job as a councillor is to represent the residents. So why don't you tell me your 5 top priorities so that I can represent your views at City Hall.
All the best,
Gunnar.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

I'll definitely share mine if/when you become elected.
For now, I'd like to hear some of yours.
Thank you,
mechanic.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
shortstuff86

Post by shortstuff86 »

Hi Gunnar,
I just wanted to say that you seem like a nice guy, and I appreciate the fact that I have seen you at numerous community events and meetings. However, just a small tip: try to at least remember the faces of the people you meet.
You have met me AT LEAST 6 times that I can remember. You have sat down with me each time for at least 10 minutes, and engaged in a very serious conversation about my non-profit agency, and how you would like to help us. You have looked me in the eye and shook my hand every time. However, you seem to forget that we have met.
I know you are visiting a lot of people, and I don't expect you to remember my name, but at least try to remember my face, or the agency I work for (since you seemed so interested in helping). This kind of thing really makes me wonder if you were really listening/ really care.
I'm on the fence about you....
gforsstrom

Post by gforsstrom »

Hi Shortstuff86:
Thank you for your message and kind words. I have been campaigning full-time for four months and have met countless individuals and interest groups. I try my best to connect a face, a name and an affiliation. It's a learned art to remember everyone and every situation. Nonetheless, since you communicated anonymously, I'm no further ahead. If you will contact me with a name and organization I will make a point of remembering.
Thanks,
Gunnar.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Gunnar, just keep on keeping on, I will be voting for you not because I agree with everything you
do, but I know you well enough for a long time to know that you will stick to your guns on serious issues. Good luck, and I sure hope you and Charlie Hodge make it to council.
chevrolet1947

Post by chevrolet1947 »

Gunnar has been with just about every political party in B.C., so is this another attempt to get on somebody elses band wagon.
leroibrown

Post by leroibrown »

:coffeecanuck: :dyinglaughing: :sillygrin: :nutzoid:

Return to “Kelowna”