Westside Naming Referendum

canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by canadman »

Thought it would be worth posting here that I received an email this morning that said that three of the vote West Kelowna signs on the highway had been destroyed overnight. Unbelievable.

For those who question why many of us are tired of the bullying of the Westbank lobbyists this may give some indication.

that they would resort now to destruction of property is just plain disgusting. To think people had to pay for those signs... It's one thing to disagree with a point of view and another entirely to be so aggressive as to break the law to get your way.

I hope those who condemn this type of action will consider sending a message on voting day to the Westbank bullies who do things like this that we won't be bullied into voting for Westbank nor would we want our community to be associated with these types of actions.
"The road to hell is paved with concrete."
steren
Board Meister

Post by steren »

canadman wrote:Thought it would be worth posting here that I received an email this morning that said that three of the vote West Kelowna signs on the highway had been destroyed overnight. Unbelievable.

For those who question why many of us are tired of the bullying of the Westbank lobbyists this may give some indication.

that they would resort now to destruction of property is just plain disgusting. To think people had to pay for those signs... It's one thing to disagree with a point of view and another entirely to be so aggressive as to break the law to get your way.

I hope those who condemn this type of action will consider sending a message on voting day to the Westbank bullies who do things like this that we won't be bullied into voting for Westbank nor would we want our community to be associated with these types of actions.

Why are you placing the blame for all of this on the Westbank lobbists?? Quite frankly I have had it with your name calling, your accusations, and your negative campaigning to get people to vote for West Kelowna. We too had signs destroyed--fixed them--thought that it must have been kids with nothing better to do. End of story. What gives you the right to make accusations with no proof. I would imagine by now people have seen your true colours, Canadman. Perhaps your negative campaigning will bite you in the you know what!!!
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

canadman wrote:Thought it would be worth posting here that I received an email this morning that said that three of the vote West Kelowna signs on the highway had been destroyed overnight. Unbelievable.

Could this be the West Kelowna zealots themselves trying to create an issue with canadman as their mouthpiece. Three signs, you would think it was three hundred? :smt023
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

No Angusog... just three. You're right, I suppose that makes it ok.

Sorry steren, you've had it with the name calling? Which names? Zealots, poofters, divas?

And of course, it couldn't be Westbank supporters destroying vote West Kelowna signs. How silly. Why would any of us jump to that conclusion.

And by the way, thanks for confirming that Westbank supporters have been meeting by phone, email, etc... and that you put your own money into your campaign. That you have had your signs destroyed too and put them up again... Glad to see it hasn't been an organized effort. (Oh and let's not forget your petition... Funny how West Kelowna advocates never got petitions together... guess we weren't as dis-organized as your supporters)
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

canadman wrote:No Angusog... just three. You're right, I suppose that makes it ok.

Sorry steren, you've had it with the name calling? Which names? Zealots, poofters, divas?

And of course, it couldn't be Westbank supporters destroying vote West Kelowna signs. How silly. Why would any of us jump to that conclusion.

And by the way, thanks for confirming that Westbank supporters have been meeting by phone, email, etc... and that you put your own money into your campaign. That you have had your signs destroyed too and put them up again... Glad to see it hasn't been an organized effort. (Oh and let's not forget your petition... Funny how West Kelowna advocates never got petitions together... guess we weren't as dis-organized as your supporters)

So far you have used these terms more than I have canadman. Zealot is a term used to describe an excessively zealous person or fanatic which describes you to a tee. Diva or Prima Donna; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience. No more said! The other term which I will not use again, I admit was excessive and may only be the way I see you but I do apologize for that.

Three signs canadman! I had nothing to do with this but you make it sound like a major crime spree. Perhaps it was the Drug Lords in your neighbourhood my friend ? :smt023
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

steren wrote:Why are you placing the blame for all of this on the Westbank lobbists?? Quite frankly I have had it with your name calling, your accusations, and your negative campaigning to get people to vote for West Kelowna. We too had signs destroyed--fixed them--thought that it must have been kids with nothing better to do. End of story. What gives you the right to make accusations with no proof. I would imagine by now people have seen your true colours, Canadman. Perhaps your negative campaigning will bite you in the you know what!!!

What negative campaigning are you referring to? I haven't seen any negative information from canadman. I rec'd an email a couple of weeks ago that was not negative, in fact, I recall that he told people that if they supported Westbank, that was fine. I think you might be building this into something more than it is. It's obvious that you and angusog (and your recent sign-ups), think you can bully canadman into submission. From what I've seen, I highly doubt that will happen. He doesn't come across as a submissive person, but does appear to be much more professional, logical and fair than yourselves. You're making yourselves look quite ridiculous, immature and a bit neurotic, imho.

Wouldn't it be great if for the next five days, Castanet decided to completely shut down all the forums? You have my support Castanet...best thing that could happen before things get really out of control.
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

brightstar wrote:
What negative campaigning are you referring to? I haven't seen any negative information from canadman. I rec'd an email a couple of weeks ago that was not negative, in fact, I recall that he told people that if they supported Westbank, that was fine. I think you might be building this into something more than it is. It's obvious that you and angusog (and your recent sign-ups), think you can bully canadman into submission. From what I've seen, I highly doubt that will happen. He doesn't come across as a submissive person, but does appear to be much more professional, logical and fair than yourselves. You're making yourselves look quite ridiculous, immature and a bit neurotic, imho.

Perhaps you haven't noticed "bright" star but as a recent "sign up" you probably don't know the history of your hero canadman. He was a rabid amalgamationist before they lost the referendum and is documented as being in opposition to the general view that Westbank has any historical claim to the area we have been forced to call Westside. Building something into more than it is, is canadman's M.O. and he is using it now in a vain attempt to garner sympathy. Submissive he is not but extremely annoying to those who read his repetitive posts is how most would describe him without the latitude of using profanity. :smt023
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Lol... most would describe me that way? Lol...Brightside, feel free to read the preceding posts... you might not be able to read all of Angusog's as many have been removed for his ongoing attacks on people.
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

canadman wrote:Lol... most would describe me that way? Lol...Brightside, feel free to read the preceding posts... you might not be able to read all of Angusog's as many have been removed for his ongoing attacks on people.

Anyone who disagrees with you is either a berzerker ot a terrorist canadman! Did the person who allegedly assaulted you have a wheelchair or a walker? :smt023
Reg Forrest

Post by Reg Forrest »

YES

WEST KELOWNA
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

Fancy wrote:Name Change - yes - to Westbank

This site has been DELIBERATELY made difficult to navigate. I Most defintely prefer; WESTBANK. It has always been that, businesses should not have to change their letterheads, we did not vote to b be part of Kelowna so West Kelowna if OUT. The rest of the names are just plain dumb. Whose brain f@art were these names??? :ohmygod:
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

3 B's wrote:
Fancy wrote:Name Change - yes - to Westbank

This site has been DELIBERATELY made difficult to navigate. I Most defintely prefer; WESTBANK. It has always been that, businesses should not have to change their letterheads, we did not vote to b be part of Kelowna so West Kelowna if OUT. The rest of the names are just plain dumb. Whose brain f@art were these names??? :ohmygod:

My guess would be canadman, alias The Name Game or something like that! :smt023
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

Bestside wrote:Although Remembrance Day is rightly about freedom... it is about freedom from despots who wanted to extend their boundaries against the wishes of others.

Many Veterans who fought against extending boundaries and taking over another's place located in Lakeview Heights after the victory over evil.

I think a good way to remember those Veterans is to discuss their victory on Nov. 11 with any appropriate stories.

You know I Jst read your post - BRILLIANT!! You are so spot on sir/madam. Thank you!! And on top of that GOD BLESS YOU!!
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

angusog wrote:
canadman wrote:No Angusog... just three. You're right, I suppose that makes it ok.

So far you have used these terms more than I have canadman. Zealot is a term used to describe an excessively zealous person or fanatic which describes you to a tee. Diva or Prima Donna; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience. No more said! The other term which I will not use again, I admit was excessive and may only be the way I see you but I do apologize for that.

Three signs canadman! I had nothing to do with this but you make it sound like a major crime spree. Perhaps it was the Drug Lords in your neighbourhood my friend ? :smt023

FOTFALMAOF!!! What a great reply!! You go!! :dyinglaughing:
3 B's

Post by 3 B's »

angusog wrote:

Could this be the West Kelowna zealots themselves trying to create an issue with canadman as their mouthpiece. Three signs, you would think it was three hundred? :smt023

I'm sorry, this thing has almost become a joke!! I am laughing to be sure. The venom and belligerence here is quite unreal. What's in a name? To be sure, those who want to include Kelowna are NOT interested in the Westside. What could be clearer? Calling us West Kelowna is about all they can hold on to. I'm sorry, either be part of Westbank or be part of the cesspool called Kelowna. Who the sam H#ll says nobody will know who we are unless the name Kelowna is in it? Believe me, I work there every single day, and have to fight the traffic gridlock and all the blocked off streets to make way for all the chaotic development that is going on EVERYWHERE. We want that for Westank? I thnk not!! This entire valley is full to overflowing. It needs to stop now. I don't want Findlater as Mayor as he was a "join Kelowna" person. I will vote for Haslock. I will also vote for Greenberg, Zanaon, Strochen, and even Neis who has at least been fiscally responsible, and a few others. Not the regulars. Not Milsom, Not Dixon, not Ophus. The beat goes on. I have chosen my cnadidates. This election is very important and folks need to THINK about who they are casting their votes for. Findlater is a "get my face in the media every chance and for any reason possible, much like Sharon Shepherd in Kelowna:. ANYTHING to get yourself known so that the sheeple will say "yeah, I know that name, I will vote for it".. A big fat political trap. Think, folks, Think. You will thank yourselves later. :127:

Return to “Westside”