Lost & Found

A potpourri of off-topics.
aginger1
Board Meister

Re: Missing Dog

Post by aginger1 »

No news. ITs been two weeks since he disappeared. Im pretty sure he is gone to Pet Heaven. Our cat went missing 4 days later. Very sad. I contacted the Westside Regional Office and they informed me that several pets have gone missing in our neighborhood over the course of the last month or so. Due to the construction going on below our subdivision. Coyotes are forced into rural areas. Yes....its sad. We miss our Brodie and Levi and have learned a very hard lesson. Thank you all for your positive support. Its appreciated. XO
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hate to say it but it's not due to construction. Coyotes have been in the area for years and years so lots of pets have gone missing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

aginger1 wrote:No news. ITs been two weeks since he disappeared. Im pretty sure he is gone to Pet Heaven. Our cat went missing 4 days later. Very sad. I contacted the Westside Regional Office and they informed me that several pets have gone missing in our neighborhood over the course of the last month or so. Due to the construction going on below our subdivision. Coyotes are forced into rural areas. Yes....its sad. We miss our Brodie and Levi and have learned a very hard lesson. Thank you all for your positive support. Its appreciated. XO

Sorry to hear that. Losing both pets has to be really hard.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
sheltiepup
Fledgling

Post by sheltiepup »

Sorry to hear about the dog. Our sheltie is kept behind a fence yard for that reason that we too live in the area bordering natural habitat and have bears, coyotes etc roaming around. She's also licensed in case we ever have to try and find her.

CORD is responsible for dog control in the Central Okanagan. It's pound is located on Weddel Road in Kelowna. I got this form CORD website page for dog control and lost dogs:

Located at 890 Weddell Place in Kelowna, B.C. (Between Richter Street and Gordon Drive) - Phone number is (250) 469-6284. The pound is open from Monday thru Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.)

it also says check with the SPCA shelter on Casorso in Kelowna, as it only has to keep dogs that hae been found and turned into the shelter for a few days.

http://www.regionaldistrict.com/departments/inspections/inspections_dc_dogpound.aspx
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Yes we went thru all of the channels. Called the Pound and the spca daily. Thank you though for taking the time to post all of the information.
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

I'm sorry you lost your dog. It's hard when you lose a member of the family, furred or not. (that's an understatement I know.)
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Thank you Hereiamagain. We still miss him dearly.
Jennybuns
Fledgling

Post by Jennybuns »

Aginger, I grew up in the Shannon Lake area and our cat went missing around haloween this past couple weeks.

My mom just called me a couple days ago (I live in Ontario now) to tell me that they found her collar chewed through in the neighbours yard...There were eagle feathers everywhere too apparently...She is quite a smalll cat and always indoors..She happened to go out for her three minute piddle and was taken away..

I hope you guys find your little pup or get some closure, my mom thought the worst, especially with all the horrible teen torturing cat stories happening nowadays...

It's awful losing an animal, I feel for you ;) I hope little pup comes home or he is found soon. I know though that words cannot make that feeling go away. Good luck ;)
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Missing Dog

Post by Gordian Knot »

Not sure where to put this, but my mother in law's dog went missing on Tuesday morning. He snuck out from the back yard (was stressed out by our visiting with two kids) and hasn't been seen since. He is a 4 pound maltese/poodle cross, grey and white in colour. It's been over a day now and I'm very much afraid he was taken by an owl or something, but thought I'd post here just in case. He went missing up in the Mission around the Kettle Valley area (Chute lake Road/Lark area).

He does have tags with her phone number on it, and answers to the name Jasper. He's very friendly so I'm hoping that he's just curled up in someone's back yard.

His big black friend, Bear, misses him!!
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Awww. Poor little guy. What neighbourhood did he go missing in? Just so people have an idea. :)
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

iphtheme wrote:Awww. Poor little guy. What neighbourhood did he go missing in? Just so people have an idea. :)

I edited that just before you posted I think. Up in the mission, near Kettle Valley. We think he went out the top of the back yard, so he would have headed up the mountain towards Trumpeter and such.

He was my dog up until very recently, so we are all very sad. :(
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Trippy started a lost and found thread, GK.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13542

Make sure you put it in the classifieds too!!!

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showcat.php/cat/103

Marketplace - pets - lost and found.
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Thanks onestop!!
-- Mary Mason
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Hi Gordian, sorry to hear about Jasper, hope he turns up soon!

Return to “Grab Bag”