John Zeger - Council Candidate

John Zeger
Fledgling

Re: John Zeger - Council Candidate

Post by John Zeger »

I was admitted into a doctoral program in political science with only a B.A. specializing in political psychology. However, early on my interests were changing more towards psychology than political science. During the second year of my post-graduate studies I applied to several schools to do post-graduate work in psychology and was accepted by all of them. But being married at the time and my wife also being a student, we were tired of living in poverty and I decided not to do any further studies at all and instead get a job. I went to work with the Province of Alberta as a social worker without finishing a post-graduate degree in political science. If I were to ever get an M.A., which at my age I probably won't, it would be an inter-disciplinary one in the social sciences.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Now that you are posting, John, would you please consider addressing my question?
mechanic_virus wrote:Please list 5 of your top priorities, and how you would deal with each issue if it were completely up to you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
John Zeger
Fledgling

Post by John Zeger »

Here is a link to the Issues page of my campaign website where I think you will find an answer to your questions. http://cytodesigns.com/zeger/priorities.php . Also note that I have addressed the issues with more specific policy recommendations that most other candidates many of which have come out saying only that they are "in favour of affordable housing" without offering a plan or want to "grow up, not out" without saying anything about densities or building heights.
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

I'm voting for ya.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
LedZeppelin

Post by LedZeppelin »

dudlee wrote:I'm voting for ya.

Fortunately there weren't enough people like you to vote this candidate into office.

==========
Zep Rules - :nyah:
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

18th place... :dyinglaughing:
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

John Zeger - I read the article about you in Okanagan Life Magazine and really enjoyed it. I think you would have made a great addition to Kelowna City Council, had I been eligable to vote in Kelowna, I would have voted for you.
Don't give up!
SOMA

Post by SOMA »

Tribe has spoken, so hit the road Jack...
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I think, as might be partially evidenced by the somewhat dismal voter turnout in Kelowna, that the issues that make up the bulk of your platform John, are just not being taken seriously yet by much of the electorate. I can see parallels between your candidacy, and that of many Green Party hopefuls, in that while a government seat might be a ways off, you are gaining ground with every election.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Didn't John double his votes this time around? Significant progress and I think Fluffy hit the nail on the head - people not taking the issue seriously.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

fluffy wrote:I think, as might be partially evidenced by the somewhat dismal voter turnout in Kelowna, that the issues that make up the bulk of your platform John, are just not being taken seriously yet by much of the electorate. I can see parallels between your candidacy, and that of many Green Party hopefuls, in that while a government seat might be a ways off, you are gaining ground with every election.

True, and the issue of sustainability is slowly but surely getting more attention. Angela Reid, a well known Green Party member, has been elected to council. It's a start.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Fancy wrote:Didn't John double his votes this time around? Significant progress and I think Fluffy hit the nail on the head - people not taking the issue seriously.

You know Fluffy did hit the nail on the head.

When Zeger was a poster here he called us all a bunch of brownshirts, and shortly after that was excused from this forum.

Zeger put his money where his mouth was, and gave it a good shot.

So much so that a couple of thousand voters supported him.
Not afraid to say "It".
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

logicalview wrote:
Fancy wrote:Didn't John double his votes this time around? Significant progress and I think Fluffy hit the nail on the head - people not taking the issue seriously.

You know Fluffy did hit the nail on the head.

When Zeger was a poster here he called us all a bunch of brownshirts, and shortly after that was excused from this forum.

Zeger put his money where his mouth was, and gave it a good shot.

So much so that a couple of thousand voters supported him.

Shows how desperate some voters were for change at any cost!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

When it comes to matters of environmental responsibility, it's going to take a profoundly clever and insightful campaign strategy to appeal to voters who are largely concerned only with keeping their SUV on the road and their grass all nice and green.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Kelowna”