Do the JW's actually want me?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
BoB76
Guru

Do the JW's actually want me?

Post by BoB76 »

Why do they keep knocking on my door? What is the tactic? Wear me down so I join their little cult?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
LineontheHorizon
Fledgling

Re: Do The JW's actually want me???

Post by LineontheHorizon »

You mean, you haven't joined yet? :ohmygod:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I knew the JW's weren't too smart,(if they want Bob) now I'm positive they aren't.

But if Bob isn't joining he is smarter than I thought. :dyinglaughing:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Bsuds wrote:I knew the JW's weren't too smart,(if they want Bob) now I'm positive they aren't.

But if Bob isn't joining he is smarter than I thought. :dyinglaughing:

You forgot to put in one or two of these....

:runforlife: :runforlife:
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Re: Do the JW's actually want me?

Post by Mr. Personality »

Wow.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Just follow Robin Williams' advice. When they show up at your door to ask you if you've found Jesus, stand there stark naked and say, "No, but let's go look for him!"
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I have had them at my house 4 times this year. I just say I'm an athiest and shut the door. Don't they have a list or something so they know religion is not to be pushed on my property? I guess I could make a sign or something.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

I wonder if you can register on the do not Knock List kinda like the one for Telemarketers.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

BoB, you are a lightweight soft'backside'! Your initial encounter with these fools is the one that determines if you(your address) are/is on their "DO NOT VISIT" list! That is official, and perhaps you might consider 'rage bordering on assault' for future visitations.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

When I see the JWs coming, I tell my young kids they are allowed to raise hell. Running in the house, jumping on the furniture, yelling at strangers, and even breaking dishes is okay for the next 5 minutes. Go nuts kids.

Then I open the door and invite them in for tea. Even though I express interest in what they have to say, they don't stay long.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

One time I had a friend's mom show up at the door with a couple of her JW friends. She acted as if she didn't even know me. It was really weird as she definitely knows who I am.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

I love talking with them!
They discuss real world/city issues, and they truely understand what is wrong with society.
When I ask them, what they as a group have done about it, they have no answer, other then we can all group together and talk to one another about it.

I tell them, when they come up with a plan to Instigate real changes in society by real action, to call me and I will join forces with them. But don't come back until your changes are being implemented in society!

I told the last 2 that they were all talk and no action!
They haven't come back. :dyinglaughing:
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:I love talking with them!
They discuss real world/city issues, and they truely understand what is wrong with society.
When I ask them, what they as a group have done about it, they have no answer, other then we can all group together and talk to one another about it.

I tell them, when they come up with a plan to Instigate real changes in society by real action, to call me and I will join forces with them. But don't come back until your changes are being implemented in society!

I told the last 2 that they were all talk and no action!
They haven't come back. :dyinglaughing:

This is the most thoughtful and best course of action I have ever heard regarding dealing with JWs or J Dubs as I like to say. Although their doctrine is (imo) strange the JWs that I have met and worked with were nice people with a genuine care for ethical/moral behavior. I get the impression that the JW "atmosphere" breeds a great deal of fear.
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Tumult wrote: or J Dubs as I like to say.

Not to be confused with G. Dub.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ImRight
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ImRight »

or confused with R dub
If life gives you lemons - Make lemonade.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”