Angela Reid - Council Candidate

angelanagy

Re: Angela Reid - Council Candidate

Post by angelanagy »

Grannyr wrote:Hey Angela.

One question regarding your signs. First of all why so large, that isn't very environmental.
Secondly. were these your federal election signs with a paste on For City Council?
If they are I must ask if those signs will be declared as a federal election expense and therefore will be part of your federal rebate?
If the answer is yes, then I am coming to realize that every tax payer will be contributing to those signs whether they choose to vote for you or not.

Thanks for the question. The signs were used in my federal election. I didn't choose the size, rather the Party provided me with predetermined numbers and sizes of signs. They are made of recyclable material, and rather than ordering new signs for the municipal election, I chose to purchase stickers to convert the signs. The stickers were paid for by my municipal campaign.

I will first have to declare these as a federal election campaign expense, and since I received over 10% of the vote, 60% of my total campaign expenses will be returned. I will then have to declare the full cost of the signs as a municipal campaign contribution.

Any way you look at it, every tax payer in Canada pays for 60% of every federal candidate's expenses if they achieve over 10% of the vote. I have chosen to reuse my signs for the municipal campaign rather than take them to the recycling depot, and I will likely save them for use in the next municipal election rather than ordering new ones.

I hope that even if you choose not to vote for me, you will understand that the very reason I am reusing the signs is to reduce the amount of waste generated from my efforts to enter the political arena and work hard to make a difference.

Sincerely,
Angela
Angela Reid
Kelowna City Councillor
LedZeppelin

Post by LedZeppelin »

Good Luck Angela,

I hope voters can look past their Federal or Provincial party preferences when voting for City Councilors. You will be getting my vote.

==========
Zep Rules - :nyah:
BoyWondering

Post by BoyWondering »

Good luck Angela - Kelowna needs you!
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

:sunshine: Way to go Angela! :nyah:
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Congrats Angela! That was a fantastic showing tonight!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I have met you and instantly recognized a highly intelligent, motivated, not to mention artistically gifted individual and congratulate you on your victory.

Well done.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
BoyWondering

Post by BoyWondering »

Well done! Next time, the Mayor.
Ardshael

Post by Ardshael »

Congrats Angela. I believe you will be a fresh voice and a good balance to ensuring that the environmental concerns are kept in check with a positive growth in our community. I'd love to see some green industries come to Kelowna to continue our growth in the technology sector.
angelanagy

Post by angelanagy »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick thank you for all the encouragement, questions and kind words. I'm very excited to get started in my new role and the adventures it will bring!

Yours for a sustainable future,
Angela
Angela Reid
Kelowna City Councillor

Return to “Kelowna”