Reg Volk - Central Okanagan East Director

Jo
Slot 16

Reg Volk - Central Okanagan East Director

Post by Jo »

A thread for Reg Volk, candidate for Central Okanagan East Director.
habsfan1

Re: Reg Volk - Central Okanagan East Director

Post by habsfan1 »

I know Reg has lived in the Joe Rich valley most of his adult life and knows the issues well. He has worked hard for the community, serving on the ratepayers association in several different capacities, helping with the recreational committee, on the watershed monitoring committee and the gravel pit committee. He was instrumental, along with other members of the gravel pit committee, in stopping a massive expansion of the gravel pit on three forks rd.

Reg has shown in the past he will fight for the community and has the experience to do a great job as a director. Vote for him!
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by amomof2dogs »

Reggin wrote:A well experienced candidate in regional district and school district politics.

A rather self serving comment by the candidate himself.
I think, therefore we are different.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

amomof2dogs wrote:
Reggin wrote:A well experienced candidate in regional district and school district politics.

A rather self serving comment by the candidate himself.

Thanks for pointing that out. I completely agree.
Reggin wrote:Maybe it is wise to switch to the real issues in this area like gravel pits and Highway 33.

It would be good the hear from residents as to what they feel needs to be done in there area, including Ellison.??

Shouldn't you already have some idea of the issues important to us if you are running for this position?
cnesb

Post by cnesb »

I agree that Reg has lived in the area for a long time and that he has certainly thrown himself into a number of issues that he felt were important. I commend him on his intensity.

However, I do not believe that he actually listens to anyone else's ideas as to what our community might want. When Reg grasped on to dog kennels, he was like a bulldog with a bone - refusing to accept laws that were already in place!

That is one example of many. I know Reg's heart is in the right place, however his approach for trying to get things done or sway people to his way of thinking grates the wrong way.

I want a candidate that will LISTEN to all sides and make INFORMED decisions - not simply do what he or she THINKS the district wants.
sarahsays
Fledgling

Post by sarahsays »

Good Luck Mr. Volk! Mr. Volk was my teacher at Black Mountain Elementary years ago. Great teacher, and he has been in Joe Rich for many years, I think he is a great candidate for this position.
Last edited by sarahsays on Nov 15th, 2008, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandy16

Post by mandy16 »

intune wrote:Good Luck Mr. Volk! Mr. Volk was my teacher at Black Mountain Elementary years ago. Great teacher, and he has been in Joe Riche for many years, I think he is a great candidate for this position.

Seriously?? And there is no e on rich

Return to “Kelowna”