Westside Council - General Discussion

parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Westside Council - General Discussion

Post by parachute »

Inquisitive, are you asking about election costs paid from a candidate’s personal account? That is from their own bank account or their VISA or Mastercard?

Certainly all candidates must report their donations and expenses and make that financial reporting public but why would anyone be interested if a candidate received no, or very little, donations and reported expenses exceeding the value of the donations?

What has “effectiveness of incumbents” got to do with personal expenses incurred? Perhaps it would have a lot to do with where donations came from but little to do with expenses, in my opinion.
tangledweb

Post by tangledweb »

One thing that does make me rather upset is the way that the council decided that they would receive a per day allowance when on council business rather than have to account for expenses and then be reimbursed.
I know that Mayor Neis voiced her objections....but I dont know who else did.
Any of the councilors wish to say how they voted on this matter???

Remember that "council money" is YOUR money and MINE. It should have to be accounted for properly.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I apologize if this had been asked before. Can anyone supply a link about the places where we are able to vote, and the ID that we need to bring to do so? Thanks!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

http://www.districtofwestside.ca/election.aspx gives you the majority of info for voting, and
http://www.districtofwestside.ca/election1.aspx tells you when/where etc.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

hereiamagain wrote:http://www.districtofwestside.ca/election.aspx gives you the majority of info for voting, and
http://www.districtofwestside.ca/election1.aspx tells you when/where etc.

Thank You!! I appreciate it. :)
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by parachute »

Hey there canadman! ---- Recently I googled for local artists (not really looking for any discussion about the upcoming election) but for some reason I got this site:

http://blog.juliatrops.com/index.php?s=juliatrops

WOW! It is worth reading!

I suggest that there are some people (e.g., angusog and friends) who might wish to avoid the above BLOG.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Lol... I've read it. It's awesome! I think grumpy old men with weak hearts should probably refrain from going there.

Don't forget this link too...

www.votewestkelowna.com

They don't have much luck with their signs but the thousands of hits they've had suggest they do have success getting people interested in what they have to say. They had 2,000 hits yesterday alone.
"The road to hell is paved with concrete."
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Hey, canadman, probably some scottish guy trying to give you a false positive.
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

or maybe foaming at the mouth.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

One more day before the ballot and the truth will be known! :smt023
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Congratulations to West Kelowna's new councilors ...
Councilor Neis who topped the polls and Councilor Winsby

Good Job Everybody!
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Sodapop

Post by Sodapop »

Well that was pretty predictable. No suprises at all....except for the name which I thought would be close but wasn't sure which way it would go. It was tight but the right message got out to enough people...even by some of us who may not agree with a lot of what has been bantered about on these pages the past few months. Good job on that canadman and others. I did agree with that. Well done.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Hey, angusog, has the truth set you free? (See back, several posts.) Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I've never "met" a person with whom I disagreed more on style and tactics, but I acknowledge your passion.
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

rturner wrote:Hey, angusog, has the truth set you free? (See back, several posts.) Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I've never "met" a person with whom I disagreed more on style and tactics, but I acknowledge your passion.

Democracy has spoken! :smt023
cpt64
Board Meister

Post by cpt64 »

angusog wrote:
rturner wrote:Hey, angusog, has the truth set you free? (See back, several posts.) Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I've never "met" a person with whom I disagreed more on style and tactics, but I acknowledge your passion.

Democracy has spoken! :smt023

I'm shocked angusog. I think a lot of us were prepping for the " wrath of og " :124:

Return to “Westside”