Kelowna Council - General Discussion

3 B's

Re: Kelowna Council - General Discussion

Post by 3 B's »

Hombre wrote:Honestly, if people are going to vote for John Zeger because he would respresent the "other side", why not vote for someone like Angela Reid instead. She at least seems like an intelligent, reasonable person who has some people skills.

I realize some people do not like the current council and that they should "get a taste of their own medicine", but c'mon people. Not everyone is going to be an incumbent, and I see no reason to make these people listen to Zeger's ill-informed rhetoric on a daily basis. Nobody deserves that.

John Zeger is NOT ill-informed. I guarantee you that. That was not a very intelligent statement. Do you know him??? Do you know his actual intentions? He's much more reasonable than you and some others would like to make out. This man KNOWS his stuff. In any event, he thinks like a lot of us. Stop this insane development and stacking people into this valley like sardines. This IS a valley. The building going almost up to the top of each side of it ludicrous and dangerous. It is a natural disaster waiting to happen amongst other problems it is causing. Wonder why people have deer, bears, wildcats etc. in their backyards? Wonder no longer. They have been displaced because they are hungry and WE have invaded their territory. This insanity has to stop. John will vote to do that. I am tired of listening to the people who want to pillary a man that actually knows what should and should not be done and yet is not against progress. It's just prudent progess, that is all. Of course developers don't like that, not one bit.
sambler

Post by sambler »

Can anyone tell me which candidates have an interest in increasing the amount of off leash parks and dog friendly areas in Kelowna?? Thank you!!
MarshallJ

Post by MarshallJ »

Sambler,

Re: "Can anyone tell me which candidates have an interest in increasing the amount of off leash parks and dog friendly areas in Kelowna?? Thank you!!"

John Marshall does.

Further to that, we also need permanent access to the lake for our dogs.

John Marshall
2008 Kelowna City Council Candidate
[email protected]
Kevin Craig

Post by Kevin Craig »

sambler wrote:Can anyone tell me which candidates have an interest in increasing the amount of off leash parks and dog friendly areas in Kelowna?? Thank you!!

I am also supportive of more off-leash dog facilities in Kelowna, as well as allowing dogs to access all civic parks on-leash.

I have been endorsed by the Okanagan Dog Owners Association, whose website can be found at www.okdog.com. That same group has also recommended Brian Given, Charlie Hodge, and Michele Rule as dog-friendly candidates.
Dorothee

Post by Dorothee »

sambler wrote:Can anyone tell me which candidates have an interest in increasing the amount of off leash parks and dog friendly areas in Kelowna?? Thank you!!

Hi Sambler - this is Dorothee Birker and I also support dog parks and off leash parks ... I have dogs of my own and think we need to have a far more dog friendly city. Thanks for asking the question. Dorothee
charliehodge

Post by charliehodge »

Sambler:
I am a huge pet lover (six cats and a dog) and support more dog parks without question. Teddybear (my malamute -collie agrees)
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Well the developers will all be happy with Andre back on council.
20% turn out , even though most the choices offered weren't really worth voting for it is still an embarrassing stat.
SAH

Post by SAH »

Thank you for what you said "3 B's" ----

"Stop this insane development and stacking people into this valley like sardines......Wonder why people have deer, bears, wildcats etc. in their backyards? They have been displaced because they are hungry and WE have invaded their territory. This insanity has to stop."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT, and it is about time attention was paid to these issues. ABOUT TIME. David Suzuki said over 10 years ago, that the development and lack of city planning happening in Kelowna was going to destroy this area, as well as the surrounding natural habitat. In the last 10 years, that is exactly what has happened. And it needs to STOP.

I am also thankful that several of the new Council voted in are paying attention to the very real NEED for more Dog Parks. As well as access for dogs to the lake. It is abominable what has been going on in Kelowna in relation to this issue. And it has gone on for far too long. We are one of the most un-dog-friendly places in BC. It needs to stop. It is an embarrassment.
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

Those that did ,didn't get in
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Post by nellietheelephant »

dudlee wrote:

Those that did ,didn't get in

Not so!
What about Charlie Hodge?

Pity Dorothee Birker didn't get in though.

Nellie

Return to “Kelowna”