Westside Council - General Discussion

seeya

Re: Westside Council - General Discussion

Post by seeya »

cpt64 wrote:
angusog wrote:
rturner wrote:Hey, angusog, has the truth set you free? (See back, several posts.) Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I've never "met" a person with whom I disagreed more on style and tactics, but I acknowledge your passion.

Democracy has spoken! :smt023

I'm shocked angusog. I think a lot of us were prepping for the " wrath of og " :124:

Angusog has never said anything different than to let the names be included in the ballot and let democracy choose, unlike others who flipped and flop all over the place. I too will accept the outcome as it was chosen democratically. There really is no right or wrong name for the community. The hard part will be the development of a cohesive vision that will allow all parts of the community to grow under one umbrella. A strong visionary is required who will have the fortitude to follow through with tough decisions and actions. Are you up for the challenge Mr. Findlater?
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

I hate the name but whatever, in 10 years it won't matter at all.

Today is the only day of the election I really care about. Down-come-the-signs Day. If it were up to me, there would be no campaign signs anywhere other than private property.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not everyone I voted for got in but most of them. I'm content with the results and hopefully in the next three years there will be some advancements made - at least the name part won't be front and centre anymore and more important issues can be dealt with.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
inquisitive
Fledgling

Post by inquisitive »

May I add my congratulations to all of the councillors elect, and wish them a succssful three year tenure. Measure "successful" by the mood of the electorate at the end of it all, as is natural.
angusog
Übergod

Post by angusog »

inquisitive wrote:May I add my congratulations to all of the councillors elect, and wish them a succssful three year tenure. Measure "successful" by the mood of the electorate at the end of it all, as is natural.

It's taken a back seat to the naming issue I know but through all the smoke I believe a very good council has been elected to represent us. Congratulations to our Mayor and council. West Kelowna or Westbank we are the people who elected you and it is us you represent in the end. Good luck!
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

A new chapter is started from last night onwards for the next three years. My fear is that we will become complacent til the next election. I hope that lots of people stay involved in this council and help to move things along in a constructive manner.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.

Return to “Westside”