Kelowna Mayoral - General Discussion

slayer2blive

Re: Kelowna Mayoral - General Discussion

Post by slayer2blive »

I have to wonder how the results of the candidate questionaire in respect of people matching with the candidates was determined. In the news report they mention weighing of the responses, when ever weight is put on responses you can tip the scale any way you want. Why didn't they report the matching percentage for Kim, there is only two mayoral candidates it wouldn't have taken up much space.

:137:
Timi
Fledgling

Post by Timi »

Well I guess we'll know tomorrow...
stay real.
twentyandholding

Post by twentyandholding »

I find coming from an older generation that this election was very sad indeed hw can a city paper sau in todays paper that they are a reliable medea, when in fact they did nothing to promote the two mayoal cadidates, they instead said this was a coucill election. i was just thinking that reading through the questions asked only the councill were asked these questions. (both papers did this exclution) were the other twos opions not just as important. how can you say this was a fair mayoral election, what were they hiding from us the taxpayers, that mabe just maybe the one withot experence could have had chance because i would like to know why our local tv did nothing. this could have been a great golith and david thing or whatever you want to call it.
not good at all, I still will vote for kim oullette
Timi
Fledgling

Post by Timi »

That's a little dramatic isn't it?
stay real.
twentyandholding

It was just an obsovtion that not all people have a conmputer at home, and we did not see anyrthing on the papers about them or there plateform, mayor sharon shepard said her platform was on the simpson covnent and that was not even front page of her issus page on her website, but it was at the bottom buried.
she taked about 2030 ocp as her mandete. changed her mind even on her plateform from what she stated in oct after the in camerra session, do you recall this it was in the paper. that is my point.
in 2005 walter gray and shepard were all over the news,and they did not leave out andrew or steven may or kim oullette in that medea circus. go back and read the archives they did a wonderful job in keeping the public informand. this time round seemed to me a black out on the mayoral canadite election, would you not agree that you did not read as much about them. nor did the put there comments in the paper after each form?? does that not strike acord with you.
I will vote for change
and vote for kim oullette
slayer2blive

Post by slayer2blive »

Congratulations to Kim for standing up and expressing herself on her vision of Kelowna. And giving us an opportunity to express our opinion on the current administration by voting for her.

And I do wonder why the local media in Kelowna choose to ignore the mayoral election.

:sleepdeprived:
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

I find it pathetic that less than 17,000 votes were cast for both mayoral candidates.

I guess Kelowna gets what it gets by showing such little turnout for the election. Amazing, considering how many people *bleep* and whine about council and the mayor and how they do their job.

There should be a new forum rule that no one is allowed to complain about Kelowna council decisions for the next 3 years. If you don't vote, don't complain!!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

did i vote-yes
did i vote for shephard--NO-
so i will complain

I CAN NOT BELEIVE THAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS USELESS THING FOR AN OTHER TERM
:ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod:
THATS AS FAR AS I WILL GO WITH THAT BEFOR I :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: :sadist: MY SELF

IMHO
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
BoyWondering

Post by BoyWondering »

When people are too lazy to fulfill their democratic obligation to vote, we get the governance we deserve. Fortunately we have a some new & potentially good councillors who may bring some life to this moribund group.

The choices for Mayor and the pathetically low turn-out is indicative of just how low this City has sunk!
unfazed
Übergod

Post by unfazed »

I have already fled the Okanagan and thus was not able to vote but am interested in the results nonetheless. As toothless as Shepard has been in the mayor's seat, she has the guts to voice her personal views on the Simpson Covenant and I support her position to move to not appeal the Supreme Court judge's ruling on that matter. Lets hope development-happy Given and his ilk have seen the light on this debacle and not throw good taxpayer money after bad in pursuit of this unpopular crusade.

The first item on the agenda should be to cancel the plans to appeal the ruling in the Simpson Covenant matter. Let history remain intact and have city hall maintain some integrity for once. Maybe then they will persuade more than 20% of the electorate to feel they have an actual say in what happens and actually vote. Pathetic, but understandable given the antics of the past city council.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

now on to the important things shep -RABBITS- :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twentyandholding

I can not fathom what i just read on castanet news, did Mayor sharon shepard say she was in favor of a ward system? through the election i only heard one person bring up a ward system and that was kim oullette at 1150 am all candites forum shae asked that question, she also stated that she would like a commitee for an all resieants assoction she said that on shaw tv.
And now mayor sharon shepard wants to take a step back and take time to review, these where not her words or ideas that i heard through this election. but came from her inexpenecd challanger :200: kim oullette good stuff at least sharon payed attention to what you saidd cause shes using them now. all i have to say is here we go again. i will be supportting kim next run
well done kim, well done.
Joylynn

Post by Joylynn »

The election is finally over and now it is time for the candadates to get rid of their "Political Polution." As I drove around late this afternoon there are still a zillion signs poluting this fine city of Kelowna. Maybe for the next election the candidates can "GO GREEN" Limit the amount of signs that can be posted on any given corner, and limit the number of corners they can be posted on. Is it really necessary to have 12 signs on one corner by one candidate? Limiting the number of signs and the number of places signs can be put would save on cost, materials that are now going to clog up the landfill and take years to decompose, the eyesore of it all ( I mean people complain about the bilboards that lead into the city.. at least they are all in one place and one of each.) and it would take less energy and fuel costs to put them up and take them all down again. I can almost guarentee that every time the vehicle stops to post or remove a sign, the driver leaves the motor of his/her vehicle idiling. (I saw it tonight on my way home.)

So, the federal election took about 2 weeks to remove the signs, lets see how long it takes for the municipal electon.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

unfazed wrote:The first item on the agenda should be to cancel the plans to appeal the ruling in the Simpson Covenant matter. Let history remain intact and have city hall maintain some integrity for once. Maybe then they will persuade more than 20% of the electorate to feel they have an actual say in what happens and actually vote. Pathetic, but understandable given the antics of the past city council.

They already cancelled the appeal. :dyinglaughing:
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

Low voter turn out always works out for the special interest groups.I guess the community wants to pee away money on the simpson lawsuit instead of rabbit chow.Just about every person that's in now is infavor of 27 stories and the new development ,so live with it or leave.In a fews years I'll leave too.
Only one thing happens with hi-rises, crime, so let's reduce the police force cause the money for them will go to the lawyers to fight the simpson suit, that only the developers care about,Oh and those that get the kick backs.Yes I voted
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"

Return to “Kelowna”