Modern Day Evidence God Exists

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Modern Day Evidence God Exists

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Amazing! Yet another failed attempt. Sinner Ministries? What a joke.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

iphtheme wrote:Actually, in most academic historical references, BC has been replaced by BCE - Before Common Era, and AD ("Anno Domini") has been replaced by CE - Common Era.

How dare those evil secular intellectuals take OUR LORD out of teh yearz.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

soulra wrote:Amazing! Yet another failed attempt.

Point to the specific logic that is failed (besides the exit button sending to you Disney).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

soulra wrote:
iphtheme wrote:Actually, in most academic historical references, BC has been replaced by BCE - Before Common Era, and AD ("Anno Domini") has been replaced by CE - Common Era.

How dare those evil secular intellectuals take OUR LORD out of teh yearz.

The whole callendar thing is warped and in need of continual tweeking...except for the lunar calendar of the Jews of course (Yeshuah Ha Mashiach himself would tell you today is actually the 17th day of Sheshvan) :spinball: Shabbat Shalom y'all
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

soulra wrote:Amazing! Yet another failed attempt. Sinner Ministries? What a joke.

Gotta admit, the conclusion to that exercise was more than just a little disappointing. Not to mention the fact if you pick an answer we don’t like go back and rethink your answer.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

recedingglacier wrote: Point to the specific logic that is failed (besides the exit button sending to you Disney).

It seems to me there is a glaring flaw in the proposed logical sequence of this argument. In very simple terms a logical argument is presented as if “A”, and “B”, then “C”. There can, of course, be more than one or two conditions leading to the conclusion, however, for the conclusion of an argument to be logically valid all conditions leading to the conclusion must also be valid.

In the argument proposed in the link you presented, the authors of that argument direct you to rethink your answer if it doesn’t suit the sequence of their argument. If you disagree with the idea that morality is absolute, for example, you’re asked if molesting children for fun would not be immoral. This is not a valid condition because it does not consider an almost infinite amount of other scenarios not so easily answered that could be applied to the same condition – eg. “Is killing one person right if it saves the lives of a thousand innocent people?”

Therefore, because it can easily be shown that the conditions presented to support the conclusion are in fact not valid (not true in all situations), the conclusion of the argument is also not valid.
Last edited by steven lloyd on Nov 16th, 2008, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

recedingglacier wrote:
soulra wrote:Amazing! Yet another failed attempt.

Point to the specific logic that is failed (besides the exit button sending to you Disney).

Failed? I won, I found the exit on the first try! I don't wanna go to disneyland though, it sucks....hell on earth, :dyinglaughing:
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

a message from above to atheists:

put that in your interpretive imagination pipe and smoke it. :dyinglaughing: ...oh lighten-up!
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

ROFLCOPTER. :dyinglaughing:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I drove 50km on empty yesterday (gas light on and everything) which means I had about 30 km left in the tank. I meant to get gas this morning along my 30km commute, but forgot. After work, I went to get gas only to find I had left my wallet at home. Since it is 30km home from work I knew I was screwed not having more than 50 cents in change to get gas. So I get in the car and turn on it on and for some reason the gas gauge was moved up near 1/8 of a tank. This was just enough to get me home tonight. I have been keeping track, and my car never goes more than 600km on a tank, but somehow I managed to go over that this time.
- Douglas Murray
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

recedingglacier wrote:...my car never goes more than 600km on a tank, but somehow I managed to go over that this time.

I remember a story from the "Brother Andrew - God's Smuggler" book where his beat up old car went on long after it should have. A mechanic who inspected the car following a long trip behind soviet borders said there was no possible way the vehicle should have made it back.

What line of work are you in??

Another vehicle story came from a young lady and her friend who were delayed from getting home. It was late and dark and the usually crowded parking lot they'd used was now empty except for a group of young men standing nearby. They walked to their lonely car only to be surrounded by the cat-calling youths who taunted them loudly in the most obsene manner. They quickly got in the car, locked the doors, turned the key in the ignition but nothing happened. She tried again but the car still wouldn't start. As the young "men" shouted, laughed and harrassed, the girls held hands and prayed. When she turned the key a third time the engine fired and they took-off.

Shaken by the incident, She drove to her father's home to tell the story and to have him check the car. He had purchased what he thought was a good reliable vehicle for his daughter and was angered to hear it had failed when it mattered most. He went to check under the hood to see if he could find the cause of the problem and found the battery had been completely removed. There was no possible way the car could have started.

Not only was it an amazing answer to prayer for the young ladies, i can only imagine the look on the guys face who was left standing there holding a battery in an empty parking lot.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Do you honestly believe that story?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”