Pondering Reality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Tumult
Board Meister

Pondering Reality

Post by Tumult »

Matter is Energy. Matter is mostly empty space. Matter (particles) exists as a wave until it is observed. This is counter intuitive but it is acknowledged by organized science. If we consider the possibility that thoughts, ideas and emotions have a wave form that can affect things outside of our own body it opens up interesting perspectives of reality.

If we compare our perceptions of reality to the famous 2 slit experiment using photons with “reality” being the photons and our sensory organs being the slits, our consciousness is the medium upon which the wave form of reality creates an interference pattern. Like the experiments, depending on our perceptions we can perceive reality as either particles or waves but not both.

If we add in the astounding discovery of the hologram’s ability to transfer or share information instantly across any distance we can gain an appreciation of the complexity of unity.
If the universe itself is holographic in nature we can expect each particle (wave?) to contain the information of the entire universe on differing scales.

If we accept the Big Bang as the most likely scenario we can understand that all matter (energy/waves) in the observable universe was once part of a single source (the super-dense collected material of the Big Bang, prior to the BANG!)
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pondering Reality

Post by JonyDarko »

May the force be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I'm diggin' it Tumult... when someone says they're connected to the universe, they just may be.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

Tumult wrote:Matter is Energy. Matter is mostly empty space. Matter (particles) exists as a wave until it is observed. This is counter intuitive but it is acknowledged by organized science. If we consider the possibility that thoughts, ideas and emotions have a wave form that can affect things outside of our own body it opens up interesting perspectives of reality.

If we compare our perceptions of reality to the famous 2 slit experiment using photons with “reality” being the photons and our sensory organs being the slits, our consciousness is the medium upon which the wave form of reality creates an interference pattern. Like the experiments, depending on our perceptions we can perceive reality as either particles or waves but not both.

If we add in the astounding discovery of the hologram’s ability to transfer or share information instantly across any distance we can gain an appreciation of the complexity of unity.
If the universe itself is holographic in nature we can expect each particle (wave?) to contain the information of the entire universe on differing scales.

If we accept the Big Bang as the most likely scenario we can understand that all matter (energy/waves) in the observable universe was once part of a single source (the super-dense collected material of the Big Bang, prior to the BANG!)

IC.
Think of how our brains take in information for processing, and you will have the answer to why we as individuals make our own reality. We are...therefore it is.
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

JonyDarko wrote:May the force be with you.

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

SpazmoTheMagnificent wrote:IC.
Think of how our brains take in information for processing, and you will have the answer to why we as individuals make our own reality. We are...therefore it is.

Yes. What really interests me is wondering how much consciousness can affect what we consider objective reality. Studies in neural plasticity (which is still in its first generation) show us that our thoughts alone create physical changes in our brain and can also physically alter our bodies.
-Max Planck
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Tumult wrote:neural plasticity (which is still in its first generation) show us that our thoughts alone create physical changes in our brain and can also physically alter our bodies.

I am only really aware of the video you recommended on another thread when it comes to neural plasticity (so I may come off ignorant) but I didn't see where the mind was "physically altering our bodies". Through alternative sensory the brain was able to interpret information and make sense of it. Kinda like taking the "Long cut" as opposed to the "short cut" from point A to Point B between a sensory receptor and the brain.

This is incredible when applied to overcoming disabillities both physical and mental - but as for applying it to "physical alteration" or interpreting and receiving waves as opposed to matter - I don't really see what one has to do with the other.
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
Tumult wrote:neural plasticity (which is still in its first generation) show us that our thoughts alone create physical changes in our brain and can also physically alter our bodies.

I am only really aware of the video you recommended on another thread when it comes to neural plasticity (so I may come off ignorant) but I didn't see where the mind was "physically altering our bodies". Through alternative sensory the brain was able to interpret information and make sense of it. Kinda like taking the "Long cut" as opposed to the "short cut" from point A to Point B between a sensory receptor and the brain.

The book from which the program(video) was created cites a study whereupon test subjects imagining that they were doing physical exercises made actual physical gains in muscle strength. Also test subjects imagining piano exercises gained physical skill to play the piano.

Corneliousrooster wrote:......as for applying it to "physical alteration" or interpreting and receiving waves as opposed to matter - I don't really see what one has to do with the other.

Matter is waves, that's the crazy part that boggles my mind. Interpreting the wave nature of reality will, I think, open up new insights and knowledge. If our minds alone can create physical changes in our bodies this may extrapolate into other elements of physical reality. If our consciousness is able to generate waves that can interact with the wave nature of matter (physical reality) altering reality becomes possible. The measurement problem of quantum mechanics highlights the break down of objective reality. Matter is a wave unless you try to perceive it as a particle at which point it loses its wave quality.

I found this helpful concerning the measurement problem and the two slit experiment http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_centu ... lec13.html
-Max Planck
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Tumult wrote:
Corneliousrooster wrote:

The book from which the program(video) was created cites a study whereupon test subjects imagining that they were doing physical exercises made actual physical gains in muscle strength. Also test subjects imagining piano exercises gained physical skill to play the piano. it was not that they gained physical skill to play the piano - it was the area of the brain that is responsible for stimulating the movement would actually grow at just the thought of the movement. It did not state that they were any more able to play piano.

Corneliousrooster wrote:......as for applying it to "physical alteration" or interpreting and receiving waves as opposed to matter - I don't really see what one has to do with the other.

Matter is waves, that's the crazy part that boggles my mind. Interpreting the wave nature of reality will, I think, open up new insights and knowledge.I agree If our minds alone can create physical changes in our bodies this may extrapolate into other elements of physical reality. If our consciousness is able to generate waves that can interact with the wave nature of matter (physical reality) altering reality becomes possible.I think this already happens - we just don't comprehend it and are merely catching glimpses.

There is an excellent book by Lyall Watson titled "Gifts of Unknown Things" - he was a biologist who, in the 70's, immersed himself with an isolated tribe in the indonesian archipelago. The tribe had a completely different way of thinking and viewing the world (to the outsider looking in it appeared they all possesed telepathy, yet when they explained how they lived and taught their children it becomes apparant that they are just in touch with abillities that have become dormant in the rest of us
The measurement problem of quantum mechanics highlights the break down of objective reality. Matter is a wave unless you try to perceive it as a particle at which point it loses its wave quality.

I found this helpful concerning the measurement problem and the two slit experiment http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_centu ... lec13.html
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

If our minds alone can create physical changes in our bodies this may extrapolate into other elements of physical reality. If our consciousness is able to generate waves that can interact with the wave nature of matter (physical reality) altering reality becomes possible.
I think this already happens - we just don't comprehend it and are merely catching glimpses.

I agree, also I feel that pursuit of this understanding represents a real wake up call for the need of manifesting positive reality.

There is an excellent book by Lyall Watson titled "Gifts of Unknown Things" - he was a biologist who, in the 70's, immersed himself with an isolated tribe in the indonesian archipelago. The tribe had a completely different way of thinking and viewing the world (to the outsider looking in it appeared they all possesed telepathy, yet when they explained how they lived and taught their children it becomes apparant that they are just in touch with abillities that have become dormant in the rest of us

I think I'll have to read that book, sounds interesting. This reminds me of something I read about a tribe that described their extensive knowledge of uses for plants of the jungle by telling the anthropologist the plants "sing" to them.
-Max Planck
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

it was not that they gained physical skill to play the piano - it was the area of the brain that is responsible for stimulating the movement would actually grow at just the thought of the movement. It did not state that they were any more able to play piano.

According to the book:
both groups were asked to play the (piano) sequence and a computer measured the accuracy of their performances. Mental practice alone produced the same physical changes in the motor system as actually playing the piece and by the fifth day the imagining players were as accurate as the actual players were on their third day. After a single two hour physical practice session the mental practice group improved to the level of the physical practice group's performance at five days.
-Max Planck
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Ya - in that book they describe being able to see color spectrums around everyone and objects knowing how to read the spectrums which revealed emotions and characteristics that may not be evident to the eye. (similar concepts were used in the Celestine Prophecy)

I completely agree that the greater consciousness of mankind needs to be set on a positive course. This takes everyone (however small their contribution) to try and "THINK" in a postive rather then negative manner. It is contagious!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”