Time Machine

A potpourri of off-topics.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Time Machine

Post by Air Wrench »

If you had a time machine would you use it to go back and change things in your life? Other than fixing the world, how would you use your time machine?

I would go back to the beginning of high school and start over knowing what I know now. A do over would be good from that point on I think.

What about you guys?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Time Machine

Post by ferri »

good topic!

i can think of all kinds of things i would change, but in the end i probably wouldn't. everything that has ever happened to me, good and bad, has been a learning experience. it sure would be tempting to change the bad stuff though...lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

It is true that they have been learning experiences, but if you could retain the knowledge you have, would you go back and fix things or mistakes you may have made? This is of course leaving out the "oh but if I went back I wouldn't know what I know and it would cancel out bla bla ba" philosophy stuff.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

Or maybe is there someone you would go back and ask a question of or say something to?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I agree Ferri. I would like to be able to stop my dad from going to the parts store so he didn't get in a fatal accident but then I propably wouldn't have ended up in Kelowna and wouldn't have my family. I definately would have told my mom to get to the ER when she had a "warning bleed" when she passed out in her kitchen for 20 minutes. She held it back from her doctor and had a brain anyuerism burst two weeks later.

I'm with you on the school stuff though. I also never would have started smoking cigarettes.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

I'd change my last words to a member of my immediate family. Never say anything you will regret for the rest of your life. Never leave things in a bad way with the ones you love and cherish.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Air Wrench wrote:I would go back to the beginning of high school and start over knowing what I know now. A do over would be good from that point on I think.

Oh God... I am so being haunted by that right now! I'm working on going back to school but I need to upgrade some courses. My "I don't give a damn. I'm not going to post-secondary. I'll never use this stuff." attitude back in the last half of grade 12 has definitely come back to bite me in the *bleep*, and that was 18 years ago! So yea, definitely would have done better in school.

I'd also have it out with my oldest sister. Say what I needed to say, even though i know it probably wouldn't have done any good. I at least would have said my peace in hopes it might have made a difference in even the smallest way. I lost her three years ago to alcoholism.

Air Wrench wrote:It is true that they have been learning experiences, but if you could retain the knowledge you have, would you go back and fix things or mistakes you may have made? This is of course leaving out the "oh but if I went back I wouldn't know what I know and it would cancel out bla bla ba" philosophy stuff.

To be in my early 20's again with what I know now? Would definitely be out dating a lot more! lol. To go back and fix stuff, I think in that case it would be too much to list for everyone! I don't think you can tackle this question without it being philosophical in some way.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

dang it Air Wrench you're making me think. LOL

okay, if i could go back with what i know now (what i have learned) i would spend a lot more time with my maternal grandfather and take notes when he told me stories. i also learned that if you care about someone, tell them before it is too late. i do that now. so if i could go back i would tell people that i didn't before. :lol: i think that's about it. it would be nice if i hadn't stuck with my first marriage as long as i did, but that was a huge learning experience and if i hadn't stuck with it i probably wouldn't have met who i am married to now...it all works out. LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

I'd go back to highschool to punch a few people in the throat
"If you have a right to your opinion than I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - George Carlin
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

I'd go back to highschool to see what kind of girls I could pick up with all my new moves!!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

lol I know eh Bob. Imagine the trail of broken hearts!
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

xCandyx wrote:I'd go back to highschool to punch a few people in the throat

That's awesome!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “Grab Bag”