Are You Communicating Directly with God?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Are You Communicating Directly with God?

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I love the arrogance and self centered-ness that is involved with 'talking to god'. You are not that speciaL, contrary to what you parents told you. It's the same as a paranoid schitzo thinking everyone is out to get them....they aren't, you're crazy.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

To each their own...
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

soulra wrote:I love the arrogance and self centered-ness that is involved with 'talking to god'. You are not that speciaL, contrary to what you parents told you. It's the same as a paranoid schitzo thinking everyone is out to get them....they aren't, you're crazy.

This has to be the stupidest post yet.
Talk about arrogance and self-centered :ohmygod: you fit the picture perfectly.

Just because one talks to God is a choice they may to help them on their spiritual journey in life. I think it is great. Then you come along and indicate they are crazy for doing this.

Just because you have your beliefs...fine, but how dare you criticise others for choices they make for their life. You don't believe fine...STOP insulting the people who choose to.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

I think soulra is angry about something. Maybe it is his belief in science. How many times does that let you down when that is all you believe in. Perhaps it's because he can't fathom someone having a relationship with God. If he hasn't experienced it, it must not exist. How far would science have gotten with that attitude? We would still be in the dark ages.

Bottom line is.. there is an unchangeable law in the universe. Call it physics, law of action vs. reaction, what ever you want. It is unchangeable and that is why man can discover it through using the scientific method. Point I'm making is that truth is truth. some pimply nosed teenager living in his mother's basement hurling insults at people won't change truth. Doesn't matter if it is religion or science it is part of an unchangeable law. When all is known, true science and true religion will agree.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Crikey, science doesn't let you down, it shows you what we have discovered about what is and what isnt.
As far as a relationship with god, you appear to think you have one (what does god think about that?) Do you also have a relationship with the greek god Onan?
TRUTH - is that according to truth as set out in the book of mormon?
PIMPLES? (insults?)
I suspect that soulra is a drop dead gorgeous PHD living in a penthouse suite <G> Who is in the best regards of god in all her wisdom.
We're lost but we're making good time.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Has anyone ever been to "God's Bakery?" The owners of it actually call it Sutherland Bakery!! It is in Enderby and they have everything and it tastes like God himself baked it. MMMMMM if that's what God is then I believe in him!! He even takes interact and has pay at the pump!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

BoB76 wrote:Has anyone ever been to "God's Bakery?" The owners of it actually call it Sutherland Bakery!! It is in Enderby and they have everything and it tastes like God himself baked it. MMMMMM if that's what God is then I believe in him!! He even takes interact and has pay at the pump!

:dyinglaughing: OK Bob. I'll give ya that one.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

steven lloyd wrote:
BoB76 wrote:Has anyone ever been to "God's Bakery?" The owners of it actually call it Sutherland Bakery!! It is in Enderby and they have everything and it tastes like God himself baked it. MMMMMM if that's what God is then I believe in him!! He even takes interact and has pay at the pump!

:dyinglaughing: OK Bob. I'll give ya that one.

There's a first for everything.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”