Religion is Linked to Immoral Behavior in New Study

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
zzontar
Guru

Re: Religion is Linked to Immoral Behavior in New Study

Post by zzontar »

steven lloyd wrote:
zzontar wrote:How about this take... Adam and Eve were the first "test pilots" to inhabit human beings...

Does that mean I can trade mine in on a newer model, or do I have to wait until the next life? And what about that next life? Do I get any choice in the matter because I want to be a starship captain.

(Who do I see about that?)

You'll have to stand in line, but it's a long one... if you want a lower rank than captain I can get you in next Thursday, but you'll have to evict from your old vessel... how bad a driver are you? :dyinglaughing:
They say you can't believe everything they say.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

zzontar wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
zzontar wrote:How about this take... Adam and Eve were the first "test pilots" to inhabit human beings...

Does that mean I can trade mine in on a newer model, or do I have to wait until the next life? And what about that next life? Do I get any choice in the matter because I want to be a starship captain.

(Who do I see about that?)

You'll have to stand in line, but it's a long one... if you want a lower rank than captain I can get you in next Thursday, but you'll have to evict from your old vessel... how bad a driver are you? :dyinglaughing:

Nope, I’m nothing if not patient zzontar. I’ll wait.

It’s warp factor nine, make it so :nutzoid: woosh
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

zzontar wrote:How about this take... Adam and Eve were the first "test pilots" to inhabit human beings... once in a body it is often a struggle between the body and soul as to decisions made involving physical temptations which wouldn't be a pre-body issue. This is where the apple "test" came in. Having originally evolved in warm-blooded bodies until our energy or spirit was able to live on independently of the body we could only inhabit warm-blooded beings. Any spirit in any body would have their own personality, but only the intelligence of the body inhabited.

If you study the more intelligent warm-blooded animals you'll see they all have a sense of good and bad, and the more intelligent, the easier it is to see how they share all the same emotions as humans... anyone with a dog should be able to see this. I also believe the more intelligent animals can sense other spirits on the same way children can better than adults... dogs have been known to do this.

One species inhabiting many... in the bodies the lion shall eat the lamb, out of the bodies the lion shall lie with the lamb. Take the instinct of the body away and replace it with the "personality" and the lion could lie with the lamb while in body as a dog and cat can be taught to get along. Take away the physical forces and influences that bend humans and we'd all get along as well, just as small kids have no prejudices until outside forces change that.

The possibility of having it on Earth as in heaven was a possibility, depending on whether the souls overpowered the bodies... things such as greed are bringing this to an end, and many who think they're at the front of the line have actually moved to the back of the line that matters.

This sounds similar to ideas found in the Bhagavad Gita (Hindu bible). The idea that our spirit/soul/consciousness is "corrupted" by extensive contact with material existence so that we "forget" our true energy/wave/spirit nature. I found it interesting that the Indian Vedas which are purported to be 5,000 years old note that "reality" is actually composed of sound vibrations, which seems to me a possible analogy for wave nature of photons and other "units of reality".
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Tumult wrote: I found it interesting that the Indian Vedas which are purported to be 5,000 years old note that "reality" is actually composed of sound vibrations, which seems to me a possible analogy for wave nature of photons and other "units of reality".

This also supports the notion of alternate universes or dimensions existing in the same time and space – just as different radio frequencies exist in the same time and space.

:9923:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”