Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Post by Bsuds »

writerdave wrote:I'm seeing a business opportunity here.

Doomsday Holidays
Your best connection to Armageddon!
We fly you to the best places on Earth to watch the end of the world!
Special family discount
Book now... you don't want to be late!
(One way tickets only, crackers on flight extra.)

Don't you mean "Nuts" on flight included!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

:coffeecanuck:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

soulra wrote:Instead of hucking insults, maybe you should track down some facts.

-the world is becoming overpopulated
-diseases in all types of food we eat are springing up more and more as our immune systems get weaker
-chances are all the missing warheads and uranium weren't scooped up by some really nice guys, and there are a lot of people with itchy trigger fingers
- scientists predict major disasters should happen soon, including a volcano so big it would affect the entire planet
-if the recession continues as is by 2012 it could be a worldwide depression
-although just a hypothesis based on science, not religion, the next pole shift is supposed to happen in 2012
-even locally, by 2012 we'll be sitting in a province covered in bone dry dead trees, once they go up in flames it will be pretty well impossible to put the fire out
-etc. hopefully you do read the news occasionally

Without ancient predictions of any sort, it seems that 2012 could be the beginning of some catastrophic changes. If you're in a boat with a hole in the bottom, it's inevitable it will sink without intervention. What's so unfactual about all that?

By saying you were against any thoughts of an apocalypse just because it says so in the bible is an observation, not an insult... like how you say you're so appalled by the rapes of altar boys. How about the belief of the South Africans who think if you rape a lesbian you'll make them straight or if you rape a virgin you'll get rid of aids? They estimate there's about 500,000 rapes that occur there every year because of their beliefs... hmmmm, not a peep from you about that.

If you read it was religion that said they should commit these half million rapes a year, you'd be so outraged your head would probably pop off and take out the space station, but because religion's not involved, there's no reaction to it from you. This leads me to believe you're not as much against the actual atrocities committed in the name of religion as you make yourself out to be.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

zzontar wrote:
soulra wrote:Instead of hucking insults, maybe you should track down some facts.

-the world is becoming overpopulated - The earth can easily hold 26 Billion - plenty of time for us to reduce our breeding.
-diseases in all types of food we eat are springing up more and more as our immune systems get weaker - Disease is less prevalent than in the past. We don't have to worry about small pox anymore. Look how long we are living compared to the past.
-chances are all the missing warheads and uranium weren't scooped up by some really nice guys, and there are a lot of people with itchy trigger fingers - That might solve your first problem.
- scientists predict major disasters should happen soon, including a volcano so big it would affect the entire planet - Based on what? Tinfoil?
-if the recession continues as is by 2012 it could be a worldwide depression -So, we have had those in the past. The world didn't end then, and it won't in 2012 either.
-although just a hypothesis based on science, not religion, the next pole shift is supposed to happen in 2012 - Scientists don't understand how pole shifts occur and even if they do, so why would they pick some random date for another one? Mayan Calendar?
-even locally, by 2012 we'll be sitting in a province covered in bone dry dead trees, once they go up in flames it will be pretty well impossible to put the fire out - There are actually less trees dead from pests in Canada today than there was 20 years ago.
-etc. hopefully you do read the news occasionally - Please provide some links to your claims next time

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

-They even did a segment on Discovery Channel recently on the big volcano that's supposed to erupt in Yosemite park, where do you get tinfoil hats from?
-Google pole shift.
-Aids alone will kill more people than smallpox, and the smallpox virus still exists in 2 places on Earth, all you need is to have it fall into the wrong hands...
-within a few years 80% of BC's pines will be dead... 20 years ago it was worse? Perhaps you could post a link.
-The Earth can hold 26 billion people IF our food source and environment keep up. When I was born there were 3 billion people, now there's 6, double that in a generation and you have 12, the next generation would see 24... if you think a few generations is plenty of time you don't have the greatest grasp on reality. One generation after that and the Earth would have 22 billion people too many... again we have 6 billion now.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

zzontar wrote:-within a few years 80% of BC's pines will be dead... 20 years ago it was worse? Perhaps you could post a link.

Sorry no time to answer the rest right now, but here is this answer (perhaps I should have said 30 years ago)....
download/file.php?id=846&mode=view
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

zzontar wrote:-They even did a segment on Discovery Channel recently on the big volcano that's supposed to erupt in Yosemite park, where do you get tinfoil hats from?
-Google pole shift.
-Aids alone will kill more people than smallpox, and the smallpox virus still exists in 2 places on Earth, all you need is to have it fall into the wrong hands...umm.....this is that "Mother Nature will take care of the population" thing I was talking about
-within a few years 80% of BC's pines will be dead... 20 years ago it was worse? Perhaps you could post a link.
-The Earth can hold 26 billion people IF our food source and environment keep up. When I was born there were 3 billion people, now there's 6, double that in a generation and you have 12, the next generation would see 24... if you think a few generations is plenty of time you don't have the greatest grasp on reality. One generation after that and the Earth would have 22 billion people too many... again we have 6 billion now.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

zzontar wrote:
soulra wrote:^
Really? Please share some links, I can't seem to find anything beyond real geologists, astronomers, and astrophysicists laughing at the idea. No thunderbolts links please.

Nope... going for a hike instead...

Back from that hike yet?
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I think you need to take on.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

^
What's your glitch lady? Do you ever have anything constructive to say, or do you just like taking potshots. If you have anything to say about 2012, and sunspots causing earthquakes let's hear it. Put up or shut up.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

soulra wrote:^
What's your glitch lady? Do you ever have anything constructive to say, or do you just like taking potshots. If you have anything to say about 2012, and sunspots causing earthquakes let's hear it. Put up or shut up.

My glitch sweetheart is that you are a know it all, and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...as I said...taking a long walk ...find a pier...get over yoyrself.

put up or shut up...darling I don't give a furry rats rectum what YOU personnaly think or feel, so blow me.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Puffy wrote:
soulra wrote:and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...

Just wanted to say, soulra has never belittled me.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Puffy wrote: are a know it all, and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...as I said...taking a long walk ...find a pier...get over yoyrself.

put up or shut up...darling I don't give a furry rats rectum what YOU personnaly think or feel, so blow me.

Prove me wrong. If you do I will not find it belittling.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

writerdave wrote:
Puffy wrote:
soulra wrote:and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...

Just wanted to say, soulra has never belittled me.

I'd be concerned about that. :dyinglaughing:
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Puffy wrote:My glitch sweetheart is that you are a know it all, and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...as I said...taking a long walk ...find a pier...get over yoyrself.

:rate10:
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”