Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Phoenix Within wrote:
Puffy wrote:My glitch sweetheart is that you are a know it all, and cannot stand how you try and belittle everyone else...as I said...taking a long walk ...find a pier...get over yoyrself.

put up or shut up...darling I don't give a furry rats rectum what YOU personnaly think or feel, so blow me.

:rate10:

You too. There is no miracle cure for quackery.
soulra wrote:Prove me wrong. If you do I will not find it belittling.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

:coffeecanuck:

always has to the last word in :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I'll have the last word when 2012 comes and passes without a hitch. I'm sure there is another date in the works though, 2030, 2264, etc, etc......there's always sheep to fleece.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

soulra wrote:
zzontar wrote:
soulra wrote:^
Really? Please share some links, I can't seem to find anything beyond real geologists, astronomers, and astrophysicists laughing at the idea. No thunderbolts links please.

Nope... going for a hike instead...

Back from that hike yet?

Anything?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

soulra wrote:I'll have the last word when 2012 comes and passes without a hitch. I'm sure there is another date in the works though, 2030, 2264, etc, etc......there's always sheep to fleece.

Maybe we should all bet zzontar a beer nothing catastrophic will happen. Then in 2013 we can get together for some beers at zzontars expense. :nyah:

The best part of the deal is that in the off chance he is right, we won't be around to hold up our end of the bargain anyway.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Soulra, what's with the obsession about the sun affecting earthquakes? Whether it does or not there will still be earthquakes regardless.
http://momopost.blogspot.com/2009/01/ca ... uakes.html
James O. Berkland is a Glen Ellen, California-based geologist and editor of Syzygy—An Earthquake Newsletter. He believes the gravitational tugs of the moon, sun, and other planets can influence earthquake activity. Berkland said he has accurately predicted tremors based on factors such as syzygy.

There, a geologist and editor of an earthquake newsletter who believes the sun can affect earthquakes.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Glacier wrote:
soulra wrote:I'll have the last word when 2012 comes and passes without a hitch. I'm sure there is another date in the works though, 2030, 2264, etc, etc......there's always sheep to fleece.

Maybe we should all bet zzontar a beer nothing catastrophic will happen. Then in 2013 we can get together for some beers at zzontars expense. :nyah:

The best part of the deal is that in the off chance he is right, we won't be around to hold up our end of the bargain anyway.

If I made any bet with you I'd say the payment should be you pay me a penny on day 1, and double the amount every day for a month. After 10 days and owing 10 bucks and some change you'd probably figure the total damage couldn't be that bad after a month, the same way you think we have so much time before the planet has the maximum people it can support. :127:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

zzontar wrote:If I made any bet with you I'd say the payment should be you pay me a penny on day 1, and double the amount every day for a month. After 10 days and owing 10 bucks and some change you'd probably figure the total damage couldn't be that bad after a month, the same way you think we have so much time before the planet has the maximum people it can support. :127:

Is the rate of population growth increasing or decreasing? My grandparents generation had 5 or 6 kids, but my generation has 1 point something. Not worried yet. Surely in the next 3 years we won't have 20 billion people on the planet. If things don't change we could have a crisis by 2100, but since its all over on 2012 overpopulation isn't something to worry about.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

...The world will not end in 2012.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

..probably.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

zzontar wrote:Soulra, what's with the obsession about the sun affecting earthquakes?

It's not an 'obsession'. You made an obviously false statement about sunpots causing earthquakes. You said that NASA and the EGU supported the theory. They don't, and the only evidence you can come up with is a blog posts about one guy who's is the laughing stock of the geological community. No links to NASA, the USGS, or the EGU....

zzontar wrote:Whether it does or not there will still be earthquakes regardless.

Is that what it sounds like when you admit you are wrong?

zzontar wrote:There, a geologist and editor of an earthquake newsletter who believes the sun can affect earthquakes.

Here's some key points from the article you posted...

"There's no evidence to support that," said John Bellini, a geophysicist with the survey's National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colorado. "There were some studies in the past that tried to link lunar effects to seismicity [the relative frequency and distribution of earthquakes] and there was nothing found."

'But Bellini, the U.S. Geological Survey geophysicist, said, "There is still no known observation of an effect related to the moon and seismicity."

'In a follow-up email to National Geographic News, Bellini questioned the scientific validity of Berkland's predictions. He said they appear to be "self-selected statistical analysis of historical seismicity rates and are so vague in time and location that they are certain to be correct."
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Geez, maybe the sun doesn't cause earthquakes... big deal. I never brought it up to begin with, I googled it and the first hit was an astronomy website that said it was possible... you want to go doing cartwheels to celebrate your big victory then go ahead.

Now you're turn... how come you're so concerned about kids getting raped by priests yet you don't say bleep about the half million that get raped by South Africans?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

zzontar wrote:Now you're turn... how come you're so concerned about kids getting raped by priests yet you don't say bleep about the half million that get raped by South Africans?

What does rape in Africa have to do with 2012. I might bring it up in another thread if the subject comes up, but I don't see the need here.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Re: Doomsday, Dec 23 2012.

Post by eyepop »

zzontar wrote:Soulra, what's with the obsession about the sun affecting earthquakes?

soulRa will always defend the sun.

BTW, doomsday is December 23, 2012.

a Sunday.

Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Good thing I have four arms. How else would I be able to juggle all of the woo-woos. Google, thy will be done.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”