More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
Nicklan
Board Meister

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:
Nicklan wrote:Just because you Lieing Liberals fear the truth doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Hmm . . . remember the Fudge-it Budget? Remember Harcourt taking the fall for the Bingo-gate? Remember the RCMP investigation of Glen Clark and his subsequent resignation? One party does not have a monopoly on lying or acting like scoundrels.

Actully that is a good point as it turned out their was no proof and no Charges either, but that never stopped the Liberals from sending in their people with the News Reporters in tow!
Another Liberano Stunt !

I'm really having a problem following this discussion. But as to the point highlighted I have to point out that urbane noted Harcourt took the fall for Bingogate by resigning even though he was not implicated. Dave Stupich on the other hand was implicated, and charges and guilt certainly were involved..

"In the late 1950s, Stupich set up and controlled the Nanaimo Commonwealth Holding Society, which raised funds on behalf of the NDP.

...after a tip that something was amiss from the head of the Nanaimo Commonwealth Bingo Association, RCMP launched an investigation. It found Stupich ran kickback schemes in which donations to charities were refunded to NCHS. In 1999, Stupich, then 77, faced [b]64 charges, including theft, fraud, forgery and breach of trust
. He pleaded guilty that year to fraud and running an illegal lottery, involving the misappropriation of about $1 million from the NCHS. He was sentenced to two years, serving it on electronic monitoring at his daughter's home in Nanaimo."[/b]

Nab

Perhaps you could find something that happened during my life time or this centurey at least !
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:
Nicklan wrote:Just because you Lieing Liberals fear the truth doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Hmm . . . remember the Fudge-it Budget? Remember Harcourt taking the fall for the Bingo-gate? Remember the RCMP investigation of Glen Clark and his subsequent resignation? One party does not have a monopoly on lying or acting like scoundrels.

Actully that is a good point as it turned out their was no proof and no Charges either, but that never stopped the Liberals from sending in their people with the News Reporters in tow!
Another Liberano Stunt !

I'm really having a problem following this discussion. But as to the point highlighted I have to point out that urbane noted Harcourt took the fall for Bingogate by resigning even though he was not implicated. Dave Stupich on the other hand was implicated, and charges and guilt certainly were involved..

"In the late 1950s, Stupich set up and controlled the Nanaimo Commonwealth Holding Society, which raised funds on behalf of the NDP.

...after a tip that something was amiss from the head of the Nanaimo Commonwealth Bingo Association, RCMP launched an investigation. It found Stupich ran kickback schemes in which donations to charities were refunded to NCHS. In 1999, Stupich, then 77, faced [b]64 charges, including theft, fraud, forgery and breach of trust
. He pleaded guilty that year to fraud and running an illegal lottery, involving the misappropriation of about $1 million from the NCHS. He was sentenced to two years, serving it on electronic monitoring at his daughter's home in Nanaimo."[/b]

Nab

Perhaps you could find something that happened during my life time or this centurey at least !

1999 was not during your lifetime??? So you are less than 10 years old??? Figures LOL :-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:

Another Liberano Stunt !

Nab

While you are at tell everybody where the 9 billion went that Gordo stated he sold the BC Gas company for, also by invitation only,
How about the one Billion Gordo told everyone he got for BC Rail, it seems to be missing also, please explain that while you are at it, or why BC Ferries paid 250 million each for double ended barges from Germany, while the same yard built and sold 2 bigger luxury Cruise Ferries at the same time for 125 million each, please explain ???
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:

Another Liberano Stunt !

Nab

1999 was not during your lifetime??? So you are less than 10 years old??? Figures LOL :-)

Nab

Two can play that silly dodging game. Try facing up to the previous question first..

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:

Another Liberano Stunt !

Nab

Nab

Two can play that silly dodging game. Try facing up to the previous question first..

Based on you post it was the 1950's with him charged in 1999
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:

Another Liberano Stunt !

Nab

Nab

Seems you don't read or research very well ;-) Not a good situation if you really want to try to defend the record of the BC NDP against the record of the BC Liberals or Socreds.

Nab
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Urbane wrote:

Another Liberano Stunt !

Nab

Nab

Seems you don't read or research very well ;-) Not a good situation if you really want to try to defend the record of the BC NDP against the record of the BC Liberals or Socreds.

Nab

It is not the NDP who mislead me, lied to me it is the Liberals who I am conserned with. :purefury:
They will continue to rob the people of British Columbia if re elected, like I said befor we are better off to have Daffy Duck in Victoria as he is Honnest !
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

...and you of course are "honnest" as the day is long ;-) Are you 10, or 47 years old? Mid life crisis???

Nab
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nicklan wrote: It is not the NDP who mislead me, lied to me it is the Liberals who I am conserned with. :purefury: They will continue to rob the people of British Columbia if re elected, like I said befor we are better off to have Daffy Duck in Victoria as he is Honnest !

I'm with you in that I’d love to see more strong arguments presented against the current criminal regime. You seem to obviously have some passion and energy. Some moments spent to review spelling and sentence structure would go a long way in building your credibility. What is your goal here? Do you really want to influence people's poinions and points of view? You need to understand I actually support a lot of what you say, however, I’ve also been able to objectively consider (and even change my mind sometimes) because posters from other camps have been able to at least spell and construct simple sentences. It might seem like a small thing but it really does matter if your goal is to influence people.

p.s. without mentioning names there are a couple of posters here who embarrass "the other side" just as badly.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

steven lloyd wrote:
Nicklan wrote: It is not the NDP who mislead me, lied to me it is the Liberals who I am conserned with. :purefury: They will continue to rob the people of British Columbia if re elected, like I said befor we are better off to have Daffy Duck in Victoria as he is Honnest !

I'm with you in that I’d love to see more strong arguments presented against the current criminal regime. You seem to obviously have some passion and energy.
Some moments spent to review spelling and sentence structure would go a long way in building your credibility.
What is your goal here? Do you really want to influence people's
poinions
and points of view? You need to understand I actually support a lot of what you say, however, I’ve also been able to objectively consider (and even change my mind sometimes) because posters from other camps have been able to at least spell and construct simple sentences. It might seem like a small thing but it really does matter if your goal is to influence people.

p.s. without mentioning names there are a couple of posters here who embarrass "the other side" just as badly.

:1422: :1422: :1422:
Model citizen......zero discipline.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Nicklan wrote:While you are at tell everybody where the 9 billion went that Gordo stated he sold the BC Gas company for, also by invitation only,
How about the one Billion Gordo told everyone he got for BC Rail, it seems to be missing also, please explain that while you are at it, or why BC Ferries paid 250 million each for double ended barges from Germany, while the same yard built and sold 2 bigger luxury Cruise Ferries at the same time for 125 million each, please explain ???

These allegations have my curiosity up. Can anyone ellaborate?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

kingsandman wrote: :1422: :1422: :1422:

Yes, late night typo (past a few wobbly-pops as well). It happens to the best of us - but still not the same thing as a continual and repeated pattern of abusing the language. Still, I see your point. “He who has not sinned, etc.....”

Tain’t the speling or way too built sentence, but the aim be made. Me sorries.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

flüffy wrote:
Nicklan wrote:While you are at tell everybody where the 9 billion went that Gordo stated he sold the BC Gas company for, also by invitation only,

These allegations have my curiosity up. Can anyone ellaborate?

I wish I knew more as well. I do know there is an ongoing criminal investigation and it has been ongoing since the raid on the Legislature. I do know that since her retirement from the Party it has been said Carol Taylor is delivering damaging information to investigators. I know that Gordon Campbell and his criminal cohorts have been screwing the people of this province from the beginning. I sincerely hope someone is able to put enough information together to lay charges, and perhaps even convict our criminal Premier. Gordo needs a new photo.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I don't suppose there's any chance we'll get to hear the outcome of this investigation before the next election?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Pinkie wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance we'll get to hear the outcome of this investigation before the next election?

ROFL :dyinglaughing:

...and Gordo sold BC Gas? I didn't know that ;-)

As for the ferries, these new ones seem to me a much better bargain, more functional and effective to boot, than the ones the last NDP Government and the local shipbuilding industry came up with.

But I too would like more info on where the money from the sale of BC Rail supposedly "went".

Nab

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”