Green Party Candidate

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
new in town
Übergod

Green Party Candidate

Post by new in town »

"Her party goals include: creating ‘green’ jobs, declaring BC a ‘plastic free’ zone".

OK so go wear plastic shoes, clueless wide-eyed & naive hippy.
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
kelowna6

Re: Green Party Candidate

Post by kelowna6 »

^ Cleary you are well ahead of her in the clueless category. :dyinglaughing: As society moves forward, it's nice to see that some people are working hard at going backwards. :runforlife:
golem22
Fledgling

Post by golem22 »

And while were at it lets not cut down any more trees and live in caves instead :)
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Better not post to the forums anymore unless of course, you are using a hand crank powered computer. Actually, the energy that went into producing the plastic for the hand crank is pretty wasteful too...we better just yell our comments out of the entrance of our caves.

At least the candidate looks normal. The last guy was permanently stoned and lived in his car.
hampster1
Fledgling

Post by hampster1 »

This has to be the most weird political town ever, it’s the blues federally and the reds provincially, there will never be another party in the valley so why waste your time
besides if anyone was to vote for the ndp we wouldent want them here anyway!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Just by existing, the Green Party has had a very positive influence on the environmental awareness of the people.
There appear to be some people who blindly ridicule any attempts to clean up the environment.
There also appears to be other people who work tirelessly to clean up after them, and to make them aware of the damage they do.
The former appear to be fighting like cornered rats to justify a lifestyle bent on trashing the neighborhood, which now is the world.
We're lost but we're making good time.
BoyBlunder

Post by BoyBlunder »

=D>

well said nibs and you're far from alone in your thinking.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

nibs wrote:The former appear to be fighting like cornered rats to justify a lifestyle bent on trashing the neighborhood, which now is the world.

Hey I'm always clening up my 'hood from the mess of fast food wrappers and junk. Bag fulls of it btw.

But I'm far from ready to embrace plastic shoes, living in a cave, a lack of deodorant, and driving a plastic micro-car made by 8 year olds in Indonesia and built from odd vegetables and sticks.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

So New, please explain how plastic shoes fit in with the green party's ideals.
Also living in a cave might be cool, as long as it had all the modern ecologically sound conveniences, I know of two cave dwellings, one in Nevada, that a boulder swings out of the way to admit a car, and is a deluxe palace with heated pool. The second was just featured on CNN and is pretty deluxe also.
Bathing is a personal preference, and I have it on good authority that your comments about the environment stink almost as bad as the lake lice (jet skis) polluting our lakes.
Micro cars may well be the saving of our planet, imagine what would happen if India and China embraced our addiction to large tin cars? At 1.something cars per family you gonna pay $8 per gallon for fuel? . I thought those micro cars were being made out of plastic, now you say veggies and sticks. The 8 year olds building them will probably be 8yr old machines.
You are not making much sense, do you have a better idea or do you just like to slag the ideas of others, while trying to make inane stereotypes ???
We're lost but we're making good time.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

:rate10:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bellevuejim wrote:Better not post to the forums anymore unless of course, you are using a hand crank powered computer. Actually, the energy that went into producing the plastic for the hand crank is pretty wasteful too...we better just yell our comments out of the entrance of our caves.

At least the candidate looks normal. The last guy was permanently stoned and lived in his car.

To whom are you referring?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

nibs wrote:You are not making much sense, do you have a better idea or do you just like to slag the ideas of others, while trying to make inane stereotypes ???

OK let's get serious. We don't need shoes....we can go barefoot and sit around all stoned chanting mehawa mehawa yada yada meyongkang. That'll do it. Peace out.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Hmmm .. well, I thought she looked like a refreshing change. She looks smart. She doesn't look like a hippy. She looks like she can put a sentence together in the right order.

Too bad I don't buy into all this "green" stuff. I can handle some of it, but for sure it is a cult just like any other cult. Just ask Jimmy Jones. He knows about cults and what to do with reverent believers. And I wonder hoe much Green Peace paid the snowboarder for that hype on global warming on the radio today. Al Gore is making a killing off "green" and he sure doesn't practice what he's preaching.

I am a tad more basic than all the greenies. They just want to ban everything.

Don't waste stuff. Don't buy it unless you NEED it. Don't poison the world - use them sparingly and only when nothing else will do the job. Don't joy-ride for the joy of it. Plan your driving trips to maximize your fuel and lessen your emissions. Buy less packaged and pre-made stuff (I am soooo guilty of that). Use paper sparingly (unless it's toilet paper, then use as much as you need to get the job done right :ohmygod: ) Use cloth instead of paper towels to wipe up spills.

It's not "green" - it's living smart.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

grammafreddy wrote:I am a tad more basic than all the greenies. They just want to ban everything.

The green issue is a mandate to pass all costs on to the consumer AKA a new "green tax". Notice how businesses pay a mere pittance compared to consumers ? I'll swerve it thanks, and wait til the fuss passes just like inflated gas prices, economic melt down, recessions. It all passes by in the end and normality resumes.

This winter is evidence that global warming is a sham/scam. :spinball: water shortage my *bleep*.
SHOZDIJIJI
Board Meister

Post by SHOZDIJIJI »

You have my vote.............Good luck . A green vote is a vote for the future.
After being asked if he would consider politic's the smart man replied " No the smart people have the Politicians working for them."

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”