Sick of NDP attack ads

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
usquebaugh
Guru

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by usquebaugh »

Bellevuejim wrote:First Call B.C. eh? No bias there...

Here are a few members of their coalition....anyone see a trend?

BC Teachers' Federation
Hospital Employees' Union
BCGEU

Gimme a break.

http://www.firstcallbc.org/about-coalitionPartners.html

Read the part in my post where I said that First Call got the information from Statistics Canada, but I suppose Statistics Canada must be biased in favour of the NDP then... Wow, it's almost like someone in here is paranoid and seeing pro-NDP conspiracies everywhere. :nutzoid: And if First Call is approaching the material in a biased fashion, shame on them for wanting to shine the light on how many children (and adults) live in poverty in this province... what is the world coming to! Also, proposing solutions to the problem... how dare they! :127:
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

roadrunner24k wrote:
tsayta wrote: NOTE TO READERS:
-Communists

tsayta. Now be a good little kid and go back and play in your sandbox until you have something a little more intelligent to say.

:134: :rate10:

Indeed, roadrunner24k!
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Everybody knows that statistics can be made to look however you want them to look. All of the data for your posts in this thread come from NDP rhetoric pipeline. I encourage you to broaden your mind, take a step back and give a hard, honest look at all the ways that the B.C. Liberals have improved B.C. over their time in power.

If there is no convincing you, then fine. As much as I am disappointed with your ignorance and lack of willingness to review the facts, I applaud your relentless support of what you believe in. Don't worry, I am sure your party will have another chance to lead this province one day and, mark my words, will drive B.C. into the ground once again.

Have a good night.

Jim
CarMa
Übergod

Post by CarMa »

BC Teachers' Federation
BCGEU

Gimme a break.

When someone picks out 3 organizations out of 80, and they happen to be union as a way to demonstrate bias, it makes me click on the link. Here are some of the other 80 partner organizations....

- BC School Trustees' Association
- National Council of Jewish Women of Canada
- United Way of the Lower Mainland
- Deaf Children's Society of BC
- Canadian Red Cross RespectED
- BC Pediatric Society
- Boys and Girls Clubs of BC

Yeah, Bellevuejim... "gimme a break". Can "anyone see a trend"? Anyone?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

:hailjo: Carma!

I'll add a few more:

Jim, don't you think that B.C.'s current rate of unemployment (7.4%) is a sign that our economy is being run into the ground by Liberals? (Or if you're going to defend the Liberals by saying that this is out of their control and the unemployment rate is a response to the global economy? If that is your defense for the current state of B.C.'s economy, then doesn't the same defense apply to any of our provincial governments--including those led by former NDP Premiers?) :137:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Bellevuejim wrote:Everybody knows that statistics can be made to look however you want them to look. All of the data for your posts in this thread come from NDP rhetoric pipeline. I encourage you to broaden your mind, take a step back and give a hard, honest look at all the ways that the B.C. Liberals have improved B.C. over their time in power.

Actually, some of my "data" with regard to health services comes from having worked for IHA, in addition to my family's own experience with the state of senior health care in this province. It also helps to have other family members working in health care, as I am able to get their perspectives as well. One recently told me that not one of the people he works with would admit to having voted Liberal... Apparently, now that they understand they negative impact this has had on health care, they realize their mistake and don't want to admit to it... funny, huh? :127:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

CarMa wrote:

BC Teachers' Federation
BCGEU

Gimme a break.

When someone picks out 3 organizations out of 80, and they happen to be union as a way to demonstrate bias, it makes me click on the link. Here are some of the other 80 partner organizations....

- BC School Trustees' Association
- National Council of Jewish Women of Canada
- United Way of the Lower Mainland
- Deaf Children's Society of BC
- Canadian Red Cross RespectED
- BC Pediatric Society
- Boys and Girls Clubs of BC

Yeah, Bellevuejim... "gimme a break". Can "anyone see a trend"? Anyone?

i see no trend other than most on firstcallbc's list are unions or trade organizations populated by unions members. a little research shows who started them and who they are affiliated with. want to hide your union identity? start a association or society in bc. want proof, look deeper than their websites.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

i see no trend other than most on firstcallbc's list are unions or trade organizations populated by unions members. a little research shows who started them and who they are affiliated with. want to hide your union identity? start a association or society in bc. want proof, look deeper than their websites.

Exactly what I saw...Smoke and mirrors. Reminded me of "Bush's Coalition of the Willing"

I fully expected the other replies. These unions have a bully mentality and a hidden agenda and will do anything to protect themselves. They group together and gang up on anyone that stands up to them. Sucks to be exposed eh?

B.C. has seen a period of prosperity under the current government like it never has before. The current global recession would be felt a lot harder had the NDP been in charge. You cannot have an economy supported entirely by unionized public servants. You cannot pay people exhorbanent amounts of money to do menial or redundant jobs.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Bellevuejim wrote:Everybody knows that statistics can be made to look however you want them to look. All of the data for your posts in this thread come from NDP rhetoric pipeline. I encourage you to broaden your mind, take a step back and give a hard, honest look at all the ways that the B.C. Liberals have improved B.C. over their time in power.

Yes, check out the BC Liberal website. That's Bellevuejim gets his info. :dyinglaughing:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nabcom wrote: Oh how I would like a period of scmucklessness in my riding rather than a period of being represented by a schmuck. Sometimes it is worth considering that no representation at all might possibly be superior to what we have ;-) Nab

As scary as the idea of anarchy is, it might actual be superior to the choice of schmucks we have now.

Nabcom wrote: Major mistakes were made by this government in their first term, and I don't for a moment forgive them for that. But they don't translate into continuation of those same mistakes during their second term IMO or are they presently an issue. I do however fear that first term "mistakes" may reappear should they win a third term.

Yes, electing the Liberals in the first place was a mistake. Understandable, however, given the level of dissatisfaction for the NDP created by Glen Clark, et al., but unfortunate that the electorate chose someone feeding them *bleep* over a politician who was actually being truthful about things for once (Dosanjh). Oh well, I guess we like bullshite.

I’d argue there are still many mistakes being made. As crime continues to become an even greater issue, for example, Campbell’s plan is to quietly eliminate 100 Crown positions through attrition. He may go on about taking action against crime by appointing 10 special Crown to deal exclusively with gang crime but the net result is going to be 90 less Crown in this province to deal with criminal matters. In addition to the closed courthouses and cuts to correctional and court staff this is an ongoing disaster that is only going to get worse. As it is we already have charges not being approved by Crown because they don’t have the time to deal with anything other than slam-dunk or high profile cases, we have stay of proceedings entered on cases because of lack of due process, and we have Crown offering offenders even sweeter deals to plea out so matters can circumvent the Court. It is indeed a new era of hope and prosperity – especially if you’re a criminal.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

steven lloyd wrote:

Yes, check out the BC Liberal website. That's Bellevuejim gets his info. :dyinglaughing:

*snerk*
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Bellevuejim wrote:

Exactly what I saw...Smoke and mirrors. Reminded me of "Bush's Coalition of the Willing"

I fully expected the other replies. These unions have a bully mentality and a hidden agenda and will do anything to protect themselves. They group together and gang up on anyone that stands up to them. Sucks to be exposed eh?

B.C. has seen a period of prosperity under the current government like it never has before. The current global recession would be felt a lot harder had the NDP been in charge. You cannot have an economy supported entirely by unionized public servants. You cannot pay people exhorbanent amounts of money to do menial or redundant jobs.

I am not a member of any union, so that's just a typical straw man argument. Don't you have any better ammunition?

But you can pay exorbitant amounts of money to redundant levels of bureaucracy and management? :137:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

usquebaugh wrote:Jim, don't you think that B.C.'s current rate of unemployment (7.4%) is a sign that our economy is being run into the ground by Liberals? (Or if you're going to defend the Liberals by saying that this is out of their control and the unemployment rate is a response to the global economy?

Yet another pea brained position on the economy.

Bashing leaches will stop at nothing to try and tag anything and everything on the government.

If you can't see that the world and US economies are having an effect on ours, your either just plain ___insert_NDP_descriptor_here_ (do not use "stupid" because that's already taken) or an angry bashing whining antagonoistic fruit bell with with serious leftwingnutinitis.

I'm thinking that you've got it so bad that if you get up in the morning and put their underwear on backwards - is the fault of the government.
Not afraid to say "It".
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

steven lloyd wrote:
Nabcom wrote: Oh how I would like a period of scmucklessness in my riding rather than a period of being represented by a schmuck. Sometimes it is worth considering that no representation at all might possibly be superior to what we have ;-) Nab

As scary as the idea of anarchy is, it might actual be superior to the choice of schmucks we have now.

I wonder if any candidates are running for Direct Democracy, that's who I'd vote for. I'm gonig to check that out. All the major parties are different flavours of the same dish and none of them are truly interested in the interests of the citizens. We need a major overhaul of how we run things. Either that or do away with parties all together and have people run as individuals.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Restaurant Reviewer

Post by The Restaurant Reviewer »

usquebaugh wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

*snerk*

I love these types of posts. Totally grasping and straws when beat down!!

I do not agree with all that Bellevue posts, but he does make a few good points. If anything, I will be sure to spend more time researching my political choices in the future.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”